(OS) Waiting: Three Words, Eight Letters

collection of taeny one shots/multi shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Waiting: Three Words, Eight Letters
Written by: Watermelon!


 

So Many Days:

“Taeyeon, I want to go to the swings.” Tiffany said as she sat in my room. I nod while stifling a yawn, I was tired but I would do anything for her.

We walked silently to the park mostly because Tiffany seemed to be deep in thought, something I rarely see, not saying that she isn’t thoughtful its just that she usually puts on a happy, bubbly facade. She never is this quiet. I loved the swings. It was the one place where we would talk in secrecy away from the ears and eyes of our parents and schoolmates, I love them both but sometimes they get suffocating, something that latter will never be.

We finally arrived at the park and we sat in our swings, yes they are ours, we secretly etched our names into them.

“Taeyeon, can I ask you a question?” She finally said after sitting on the swings. She had nothing to say the whole walk over here but now she suddenly has things to say?

“Shoot.” I said swinging myself while Tiffany remains still except her feet which fidgeted and poked the sand on the ground. I love the feeling of the night breeze against my skin, it really is relaxing.

“Do you think that everyone in the world is waiting?” she asked, what a weird question.

“Waiting? For what?” I asked

I could see her smile lightly from the light provided by the street lamp. “For those three words, you know eight letters long?”

“Go to Hell?” I said smiling at my silly comment.

“No silly, I love you.” she said making my heart skip a beat as if it was an actual confession but that is impossible, we are best friends only. But I stayed silent. I couldn’t form any coherent sentences.

“Because I think everyone in the world is waiting for someone to say I love you.” She said seriously. She seriously is too romantic sometimes, it makes me wonder how we are even friends. She likes pink and I like blue. She likes romance and me I’d rather watch an action movie. I am a dork and she is popular, although she can be pretty dorky too. I guess it must be that kind heart of hers to care for someone like me.

“Why are we talking about this anyways?” I asked. I hated talking about feelings and emotions because it makes you weak, something I despise but somehow being with Tiffany always made me weak in the knees.

She was about to open , but I cut in.

“I’m tired, let’s go home.” I said stifling a yawn.

She looked disappointed but nodded her head. I jumped off the swing landing on my feet.

“Don’t do that! You are going to hurt yourself!” she said

“Stop being an umma!” I teased running back home with her chasing me and catching up.

“I just care about you!” she said causing me to smile and my heart to beat just a bit faster.

“Thanks! I had fun.” I said giving her a quick hug before she walked up the steps of her house. I swear I could have heard her sigh. I waited until she closed the door before walking next door; I would hate to see Tiffany be kidnapped from her doorstep, when I could have stopped it, so it became a habit for me to watch her enter before going home myself.

I was never the romantic type but somehow those three words from her could make my heart flutter, those three magical words, eight letters long and no they are not “Go to Hell.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------

One Day Left:

Graduation Day, the greatest day of our high school lives, well suppose to be. It is the day when we finally “grow up” and become the people we want to be but that comes with the separation with the people you want to be with. By that I mean Tiffany, she is going to different college, basically different worlds. She wants to be a fashion designer and I am going into business. I groan at the thought.

We were all sitting in the large auditorium waiting for the principal to call our names. The time seemed to pass slowly. I am wasting my time sitting in a chair miles away from Tiffany listening to our principal blabber names, some I never heard until today.

My mind started to drift away from the future and back to the past. I am truly going to miss her in every way, all the things we have done together, and all the things I will never be able to do with her because I am a coward afraid to confess. But now I don’t even know what will become of us.

I began to remember those precious memories of her, memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

From the countless times I have tutored her. She was never good at math.

“See that is how you do the problem. Do you understand now?” I said finishing the problem.

There was silence as I turned to look at her, she was asleep. Was math really that boring? Was I really that boring? I stared at her, how can someone look so pretty when sleeping?

Suddenly her eyes flutter open, scratch that how can someone look so pretty when waking up? I happened to be staring at her still, what a surprise, I am pretty sure this is my hundredth time being caught.

“Taeyeon, what are you doing?” she ask rubbing her eyes

“I was helping a certain dummy with her math homework until she fell asleep, as usual.”

She pouts “It’s not my fault that math is boring. Why can’t it be fun like shopping?”

“Let’s continue with the next problem and this time stay awake! Math can be fun if you make it fun!”

She rolls her eyes but nods her head as she begins to doodle with her Hello Kitty pen. I shook my head in disproval but I didn’t have the heart to stop her, she was too cute, cuter than her drawings.

I am glad I was good at math or who knows who she would have turned out to be her tutor. I thank it for all the moments it has given me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or how about the countless times we would stay home instead of going to school dances.

“Come to the dance with me!” Tiffany whines, she probably has a hot date. I refuse to go if I have to see that.

“You know I don’t like dances,” I said sternly sitting on my sofa in a hoodie and shorts, while she was in a beautiful red dress that made her look so gorgeous and y. I the TV to stop myself from staring at her, focus on the cartoon, Taeyeon, focus.

Tiffany takes off her heels and walks over to me, sitting next to me. She groans “Fine then I will have to bring the dance to here.” She smiles widely.

She gets up and turns on my ihome. Gee is playing and she starts to dance like a dork as she made her way over to me and grabbing me up.

“Dance Tae!” she said

I bit my lip. I never really like to dance, especially when the girl watching me is the girl that I have been secretly in love with.

She smiles brightly and grabs my arms, making them move as if I was dancing, if anyone walked in, they would laugh at us, it was extremely silly but I don’t care because when I am around her, nothing matters but us.

After Gee a slow song came on. I froze in my spot while Tiffany flashed the biggest smile that night, her eyes forming those crescents that I wish were only given to me and hidden from the rest of the world so the world couldn’t fawn over her and she would be all mine. I need to control myself but I am selfish when it comes to her.

“I love this song.” Tiffany said quietly as she pulls me in maneuvering my arm to her waist. My heart started to beat faster as Tiffany rested her head against my shoulder. I smile like a dork grateful that Tiffany couldn’t see since her head was facing away from me.

Afterwards, every time there was a school dance, I would refuse to go, mostly because I knew Tiffany would eventually cave in and stay with me instead.

Who needs a gym packed with kids when I got you?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or the countless times we would spend lone Valentine Days together. Those were the best days because I can still remember the exact words you say to me each year.

“I rather spend my time with someone I will remember and care about for the rest of my life than some guy that I will probably forget about in a week.”

She always chose me over the countless of boys that asked her out and that made me feel superior to them. It made me question how she felt about me but then again I knew I was too big of a chicken to actually ask her.

“Tae, let’s watch a movie, since we are lonely.” She says putting in a movie.

“No, not one of these again! Why can’t we watch something with action it! How about Mr. and Mrs. Smith? They blow things up and there is kissing! It’s the best of both worlds!” I argued but was ignored as usual. Every year I try to change her mind to pick an action movie rather than a romantic comedy or some sappy love story but it never happens. “They are too cute.” In her opinion…

The movie turns on and 500 Days of Summer pops up.

“Have you seen this before Tae?” She asks me as usual

“No.” I reply as usual.

“Good because you are going to love it.”

I watched and secretly, like usual,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter