(OS) Hanging out

collection of taeny one shots/multi shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Hanging out

-ANONYMOUS


 

 

Tiffany Pov


‘Taetae! Sorry I’m late, have you been waiting long?’ I ask as I approach Taeyeon who’s waiting for me in front of the shopping centre. Today we’re meeting up to get Sooyoung a present for her birthday which is in a couple days time.


‘Its alright mushroom, I haven’t been here long. I’m getting used to waiting for you anyway.’ I bow my head in apology. I really have to try to kick this habit of being late to meet her. ‘it’s ok. I really didn’t wait long. Come on, let go.’ She replies as she ruffles my hair and then offers me her arm. I link my arm through hers and we walk into the shopping centre.


I’ve known Taeyeon for only a couple of months. Ever since she joined Yuri, Yoona and I for our soccer match at the park (we won by the way) we’ve been hanging out and getting to know each other. Through her I met Sunny and Sooyoung who are entertaining to say the least. But what I really love is spending time with Taeyeon. She’s absolutely adorable, good-natured, funny and I feel safe with her. I think I’m developing a crush on her and I’m not sure what to do about it. I mean she seems straight and all. I don’t want to mess around with our friendship. She’s becoming way to important to me.


As we walk from shop to shop trying to decide what present we should get, our options range from clothes, music, books etc, goodness we even stepped into a lingerie shop to see if we could get her something. That was interesting. One, cause it’ll be funny to see the look on her face when she realises we got her lingerie, two, cause Taeyeon was so shy in the shop. She kept blushing and she couldn’t look me in the eye, it was so cute. Finally she dragged me out of the shop and said ‘No Fany, we can’t get her lingerie. Its er…. yea… lets just get her some food vouchers. I know she’ll definitely love it.’


‘But Taetae, some of the stuff in there were really cute and I was thinking of buying something.’ I say. I start to pout and I’m hoping she’ll give in like she always does. I can see her inner struggle. She’s so cute right now I just want to pinch her cheeks. But I know she’s uncomfortable so even before she caves I tell her, ‘its alright, I’ll just get the stuff I want another time, lets go get those vouchers. Oh, can we go to the park later?’ Taeyeon looks at me confused as she takes in my sudden change of mind but she nods her head and grins at me. We walk off hand in hand.


Taeyeon POV


We’re sitting at the spot where we first met. We’re just talking about everything and nothing at the same time. I don’t know how I can feel so comfortable with someone. I don’t know how I can feel so protective of someone. I’ve never wanted to be there for anyone else like I want to be there for her.


Tiffany’s a little gullible and she can get herself in various situations. So far nothing big has happened to her like being conned into giving away her money but I have a fear that something like that may just happen eventually. She’s just too nice and trusting. With the fact that she’s really pretty and she has that eye smile, I think she’s perfect prey to any predator out there. I’m taking it upon myself to ensure her safety. I know she’s got friends like Yuri and Yoona to look out for her but still…


‘Taetae, look! Swans, aren’t they pretty?’ she says as she grabs my arms and point to the swans. She’s smiling so radiantly right now and I can’t help but be entranced by her. I mean, who cares about pretty swans when I’ve got an amazingly pretty girl sitting next to me right? I can’t help but stare.


- 3 weeks later –


Tiffany POV


‘You said you were going to be busy that’s why you couldn’t come to support me at my cheerleading competition!’ I huff into the phone.


‘Yes I was busy with my friends. They had their basketball competition. I had to go down to support them too.’ Taeyeon answers.


‘I thought you were doing assignments or something, not watching a basketball match. Why couldn’t you just say you were going for the match and you didn’t want to watch my competition. You didn’t have to lie and say you were busy’ I reply.


‘Tiffany, I was busy watching the match. I don’t understand why you’re so upset over this. I’ve been to your other competitions and your training sessions. Just because I don’t turn up for one you’re angry with me. Come on, please don’t be so unreasonable.’ I can hear Taeyeon start to lose her patience with me.’


But I can’t help it. I really wanted her to be there. I did really well and I wanted her to be proud of me. When I heard from my other friends that they saw Taeyeon at the basketball match I was really upset. It made me feel like I had been lied to, like I was unimportant, like she would rather spend time with other people.


Wasn’t I important to her? Every time I was with her, on the phone or hanging out she made me feel so secure and happy, even loved. I felt cared for in a way I’ve never experienced before. I thought our friendship was special but she ditched me for some basketball match and she couldn’t even be honest about it.


I’m not an unreasonable person. If she had told me upfront about the match and wanting to support her other friends I would’ve pouted and pleaded with her to come for mine instead. But if she insisted I know I would’ve let her go. I’m not that possessive over my friends. And I know Taeyeon has many friends, people just like her.


‘Fany, Yoona and Yuri were there cheering for you right? So it’s not like you didn’t have any supporters. Me not being there couldn’t have made that much of a difference. And like you said you did well anyway.’ Taeyeon continues.


‘Well, excuse me for wanting a precious friend to be there for me. I’m sorry if it offends you that I’m asking for some honesty in our friendship. And yes it does make a difference when you’re not around.’ I can’t help but yell back at her over the phone.


Why can’t she just apologise so we can move on? She always apologised in the past. Why is she being so stubborn now?


TaeYeon POV


Aish, I really can’t give in to this mushroom again. She’s already taking so much of me it’s starting to seem like she owns me, literally and figuratively. I will not apologise, I MUST resist.


‘sigh, can we please not argue over this. We sounds like a bickering couple. Picking fights over the smallest thing. We’re not in a relationship right? We’re just friends. And I know you want me to be there so I’ll go for your other competitions ok? How was your day?’ I ask trying to change the topic.


I really don’t want to argue with her anymore. it’s draining to argue with her. I don’t know why but whenever it come to Tiffany I’m so much more emotionally involved. I refuse to apologise for this though. I admit that I was trying to find some space away from her and that I withheld information from her. But if I apologise I’ll give a little bit more to her and I’ll lose that little bit more of myself to her. I know it sounds crazy but it really does feel that way.


‘… it was fine. Nothing much happened.’ She finally replies after several long seconds.


We continue our conversation for a few more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter