(OS) Falling In Your Arms

collection of taeny one shots/multi shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Falling In Your Arms
-ANONYMOUS




I knew I loved you. I knew I needed you. But not once did I imagine myself falling in your arms like this...













I opened my eyes as I felt a sudden rapping on my helmet, the deep bumps reverberating in my head like the falling of a piledriver.


The roar of wind gushing by outside was enormous, and coupled with the whirring of the engine turbines, the noise was absolutely defeaning.


Despite this, there was one thing I could hear very clearly : the rapid beating of my heart against my ribcage; blast after echoing blast thumping in my chest.


"The door!" Came the muffed voice.


"WHAT?" I yelled at the top of my voice, bringing a hand to my ear, which was silly, because it was underneath my helmet.


"THE DOOR! POSITIONS!" The man cupped his mouth, shouting in my face.


If it was even remotely possible, I was certain my heart rate had just increased tenfold.










"You will be jumping from 15,000 feet. That gives you about 40 seconds of freefall airtime, so enjoy yourself! Your parachute will automatically deploy once you're past 10,000 feet. If it doesn't, hit the reserve, and it should deploy in a second!"


"SHOULD?"


"Don't worry miss, the chances that even your main chute won't open is next to nothing!"










I nervously recalled the briefing just before we'd boarded the plane, and I could still feel every ounce of anxiety roiling inside me.


Kim Taeyeon. You just had to suggest sky-diving for our 'special date'. What the hell was I thinking to have agreed!?


I moved gingerly to the open door, hesitantly shuffling my feet forward, which now felt as if they were encased in lead blocks.


As I approached the open portal, I was slammed full force in the face with a sudden burst of rushing wind, blowing my hair all over my face. I could feel the sting in my eyes despite the goggles I was wearing.


Moving closer, I positioned myself at the very edge of the doorway, grasping the handles that were on the other side of the fuselage.


"TWENTY SECONDS!" The man yelled again.


I swallowed the huge lump in my throat and attempted to untie the knot that had formed deep in my gut, and looked to my right to the other girl, clad in a similar suit and equipment.


She gave me a childish smirk, and even through the narrow slits of my eyes I could see her wink briefly.


"YAH! KIM TAEYEON! YOU'RE GOING TO GET IT FROM ME LATER!" I shouted toward her.


"WHAT'S THAT YOU SAY? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" She shouted back, holding her hand up to her ear.


"I SAID! YOU-" I saw that evil grin again, and knew she'd heard me the first time.


You are so going to get it from me later.


"TEN SECONDS!"


Looking out the doorway, I gazed at the blue sky outside, the puffy clouds rolling by. Looking down-


Holy crap, why did I look down!?


I shut my eyes quickly, tilting my head back and mentally cursing myself for my damned curiosity.


"I'LL SEE YOU AT THE BOTTOM, BABY!" I heard her voice again.


"READY, MISS?"


I gave a curt nod, eyes still shut.


"FIVE! FOUR! THREE! TWO! ONE!"


Bracing myself, I shifted back tentatively, and with one heaving push, flung myself out the door and into the wild blue yonder.















The wind was roaring in my ears, and as I opened my eyes, I was greeted with an absolutely breathtaking sight.


Below me was a vast green field, segregated by straight wooden fences, which made it look like an enormous puzzle of random rectangular pieces.


Barns and other small buildings dotted the landscape, surrounded by what looked like cows and other farm animals.


Despite the immense fear and anxiety that was bubbling from the deepest pit of my stomach, I let a smile spread across my face as an inevitable rush of endorphins coursed through my veins.


The feeling of literally flying through the air, my insides turned topsy-turvy from the anti-gravit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter