(OS) ​FORGOTTEN MEMORIES

collection of taeny one shots/multi shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

FORGOTTEN MEMORIES
AUTHOR:ANONYMOUS

 

 

The sky was a light grey as it let down a slight drizzle, dampening everything from trees, footpaths and roads, but not a particular person’s mood. She burst through the glass doors, a spring in her step as she had just finishing practice. Exasperatedly, her friend followed her out the doors, trying to keep up with her boundless energy. Huffing with effort, she bent over, hands on her knees as she watched her friend of countless years getting further away.

“Tiffany-ah, be careful where you’re going”

Tiffany turned back to look at Taeyeon, seeing her bent over in exhaustion and laughed, dismissing her friend’s warning while she spun in the rain. Taeyeon watched her, spinning like a little kid, her hands spread out to catching the faint rain drops, a little put off at the unconscious aegyo Tiffany was doing. She had no idea where Tiffany found the energy, especially after the intensive five hour dance practice for their upcoming music video ‘소원을말해봐’. Watching her carefully now, Taeyeon regained her breath and walked over to Tiffany.

“Hey Tiffany, careful!” Realizing she wasn’t listening to her, Taeyeon picked up the pace, forcing her legs to chase after her.

Without realizing it, Tiffany had gotten closer and closer to the edge of the road, totally carefree, her eyes closed.

“Tiffany!!”

Her eyes shot open to see Taeyeon running over towards her, arm stretched out, her expression one of pain.

Strange...everything is moving so slowly...

Tiffany turned to see a car speeding towards her, her body unable to move, the brakes squealing but not doing much against the wet ground. Her world suddenly became silent, her ears not hearing Taeyeon yelling out for her, her feet not feeling the ground below her. One by one her senses gradually deserted her, until all that was left was her sight. She watched the car collide with herself, her vision suddenly filled with the grey mournful skies. And then....

Blackness.



Taeyeon couldn’t believe the scene before her eyes. Tiffany, in one moment, had gone from laughing and full of life, to an unconscious form lying on the road. Tears filling her eyes, Taeyeon ran up to Tiffany, collapsing to her knees as she grabbed Tiffany’s shoulders, shaking them desperately as if by shaking them she could reverse time.

“Tiffany! TIFFANY!!”

It was a sorrowful sight to see. Taeyeon slumped while on her knees, her shoulders sagging as she lifted her forlorn head to the angry grey skies above. The heavy rain began to pour relentlessly, the pitter-patter of rain entering her ears, but she couldn’t hear the world around her. Trying to hold back her tear-filled eyes, Taeyeon blinked once, causing tears to course down her pale cheeks, diluted by the falling rain. She gasped for air, desperately trying to fill her lungs as her chest felt like it was crushed by an invisible lead-weight.

No..no...no...this can’t be happening...

The funny thing about reality is that, you can’t escape it for long and Taeyeon was no exception to the rest of the world, as she came back crashing down, realizing each second she wasted crying was a second delayed in saving Tiffany.

Gritting her teeth together, willing Tiffany to be okay, she overcame her moment of weakness and Taeyeon fished a phone from her handbag, her trembling fingers just managing to dial the numbers one-one-nine.

“Am..am..ambu..lance....please....” her shaky voice managed to stutter out. Calmly, the officer receiving the call asked for the address and Taeyeon complied. Hanging up, Taeyeon took off her coat, wrapping it around Tiffany’s still, ice cold body. Her clothes slowly became drenched by the rain as she kneeled on the wet gravel, unwilling to part with her.

Before two minutes had time to pass, the ambulance had arrived, with three medics hopping out of it. Quickly, one of them moved Taeyeon away from Tiffany, while the other two patched up Tiffany as best as possible.

Taeyeon barely saw the medic who stood in front of her, checking her vitals. Instead her eyes were completely focused on Tiffany as the other two loaded her onto a stretcher and into the ambulance. The medic waved his hand in front of Taeyeon’s face.

“Miss? Do you know the casualty?” He waved his hand again, this time more successful in catching her attention. He repeated the question again, only able to elicit a simple nod of the head in reply. Sighing, he grabbed her arm, dragging her to sit in the back of the ambulance where the other two medics monitored Tiffany. The ambulance doors closed with a slam, jolting Taeyeon to her senses.

Taeyeon ignored the other two medics and rushed to sit by Tiffany’s side, grasping her hand tightly, fresh tears forming at the corners of her eyes.

“It’s all my fault...”


Upon arrival at the hospital, Tiffany was set up with a private room, tubes and wires running everywhere around her body. Taeyeon still sat by her side, hand in hers, teardrops falling onto the white sheets. Behind her, the door slid open, with a number of people filing in. Jessica, Yuri, YoonA, Seohyun, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and Sunny had just heard the news, and screamed at their manager-oppa to bring them here immediately. Sniffling, Taeyeon rubbed away the traces of tears with her spare hand before she turned to her members.

Someone has to stand up and be strong she had reasoned.

There was a solemn silence about the room as no-one knew what to say. Sooyoung put her hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder in a comforting and soothing way, “She’s going to pull through this fine okay Taeyeon?” she said, patting her on the shoulder. Even as she said those words, her voice shook ever so slightly, revealing the worry behind the strong front.

Once again the door of the room slid open as a doctor stepped into the room, identified by the white coat and the stethoscope slung around his neck. Suddenly there was a flurry of activity and voices overlapping one another as all the gathered members hurried around to ask the doctor questions save for Taeyeon who still stared at Tiffany with unfocused eyes while she held her hand.

The doctor closed his eyes, holding his clipboard to his face as he waited for silence. Waiting until the last words, “Is our Tiffany going to be alright?” had passed, he spoke.

“Ms. Tiffany Hwang...” he flicked through the sheet, “will need to undergo multiple scans before we can determine anything. We need the signature of the guardian or interim guardian before we can take Ms. Hwang for tests of any kind.” He offered the pen out to the seven girls standing in front of her. There was a sudden rush towards him, arms and voices clamoring over the sheet of paper before a single voice rang out.

“GIRLS!”

All seven standing members stopped to look at Taeyeon still sitting next to Tiffany.

“I’ll sign it...I was responsible for this...” she murmured, not taking her eyes off Tiffany.

Nobody had wanted to contest what Taeyeon had said and the silence in the room slowly became deafening. Snatching the pen and paper out of the doctor’s hand, Sooyoung handed it to Taeyeon who didn’t even so much as throw a glance at it. Picking up the pen with her free hand Taeyeon signed it, pushing the paper away once she had finished. Handing the paper back to the doctor, Sooyoung stepped aside as another three people wheeled Tiffany out. All of the girls save for Taeyeon stared at after Tiffany, poking their heads out the door as she disappeared past a pair of electronic doors, before looking back to their reliable leader for further instruction. She shuffled past them with a murmured, “Go back to the dorm,” before collapsing into a chair, mentally and emotionally spent, falling asleep immediately. They had never seen this side of her before, one so emotionally devoid.

All my fault.....



“Um.....excuse me” a voice sounded. “Are you awake?”

Taeyeon woke up to see the bright glow from the hospital lights in her face, wrapped in several hospital issue blankets as a short nurse stood in front of her.

She stretched, shifting her back out of the uncomfortable position it had been in.

“Ms. Hwang is back from her tests” the receptionist informed her.

Upon hearing this, Taeyeon threw herself out of her seat, the white blankets hitting the floor. Standing close to her, she started to shoot off questions.

“Is she alright? When will she recover? There’s no other news?”

The receptionist fell silent at the last question, her head looking down.

“Is there anything else?!” Taeyeon repeated, her voice a little crazed.

“Please...just wait for the doctor...” the receptionist left the room, tears in the corners of her eyes as she knew of the fate of Ms. Hwang.


Taeyeon didn’t have to wait long before the same doctor from before entered the room. Before she could ask him any questions, the doctor told her three words that shattered her world, “It’s bad news.”

Inside, she felt as if her heart had fallen through the world, as the waves of loneliness and despair lapped against her feet, claiming her, pulling her further into their waters.

Taeyeon gritted her teeth as she ignored the pull at her feet and what he had said, not wanting to accept the fact. “When will she recover?” her voice shaking as she said this.

“Miss, I don’t think you fully understand, the op-”

“I don’t think YOU understand here,” Taeyeon interrupted, her voice sounding calm and tranquil, hiding a raging storm of emotions beneath, “WHEN will she RECOVER?”

“The brain has swelled, due to the trauma, causing ICP, inter-cranial pressure, and the operation needed to reduce it is highly dangerous. Severe memory loss may be a side effect.” The doctor bluntly stated, playing no more games.

“Well then, please send her for- . Wait. Operation?” Taeyeon repeated, confused. “What operation?”

“We need to operate in order to reduce the ICP before the pressure damages the brain permanently, which would result in severe loss of function, in possible cases death. If you wish to talk to Ms. Hwang before you accept, that is possible.”

Mute with shock, Taeyeon could only nod at his suggestion. She flopped into her seat at Tiffany’s bedside, as the doctor injected a substance into the tubes coming out of Tiffany and left the room, sliding the door shut with a snap.


Taeyeon waited patiently for Tiffany to stir, her mind whirring through a million thoughts at once. Slowly, Tiffany came out of the blackness that had overcome her, the initial sight of her surroundings blurry. Squinting, she could make out a familiar face by what seemed to be a bed.

“T-Tae-Taeyeonnie?” Tiffany croaked, her voice hoarse, “Is that you?”

Taeyeon cried as Tiffany spoke, unable to express her relief at hearing that familiar husky voice call her name again, “Y-y-yeah, it’s me Fany...” Pausing to wipe her eyes dry, she grabbed Tiffany’s hand. “H-H-How are you doing?”

Tiffany felt Taeyeon’s gentle hand in hers and smiled. To Tiffany, it was like the world had fallen away, with Taeyeon’s hand lifting her up into the sky, the strange pains and aches falling away with it. Feeling perfectly fine, Tiffany asked a question, her expression bemused.

“I feel great, Taeyeonnie but where are we?”

Rubbing her tears of happiness away, Tiffany reminded Taeyeon of the dire situation she was in.

“We’re in the hospital Fany...after you got...you got....” Taeyeon tore her hand out of Tiffany’s to put both hands in front of her face, hiding her shame. “Hit by that car...”

Tiffany was shocked when Taeyeon ripped her hand out from her grip, as a sinking sensation, better known as reality, claimed her once again, chaining her to the bed.

She continued behind her hands, as Tiffany watched her. “The situation’s not good Fany...they need to do an operation...” Tears started to well up.

Tiffany sat up slightly, her hand reaching for Taeyeon’s, to pull it away from her face. Although Tiffany knew nothing of the situation she was in, there was one thing she was certain of when she first woke in the bed. Her Taeyeon shouldn’t be crying because of her.

“Tae...Tae...it’s okay, I’ll take the surgery, I’ll be fine, so please Taeyeon, don’t cry because of me.”

Taeyeon could only look at her best friend, as Tiffany’s eyes spoke silent, yet reassuring words. “You don’t know what might happen! They said you might lose....all of your memories.....as a side effect...!”

Tiffany pulled Taeyeon in closer with all of her strength, wrapping her arms around Taeyeon in a brief hug. “You always knew what was best for me Tae...” Tiffany’s voice suddenly dropped in volume until it was barely a whisper.

“Sometimes....I wish we had more time...” Tiffany’s eyes smiled sadly at Taeyeon, who looked back silently, uncomprehending.

“Make....the right choice Taeyeon...”

Tiffany’s voice trailed off into nothing, her arms dropping off Taeyeon’s sides, hitting the blankets, limp.

“Fany?TIFFANY?!”

The doctor rushed into the room, restraining Taeyeon who was shaking Tiffany’s unconscious form.

“Let me go! What’s wrong? What happened to her?!” Taeyeon shouted, struggling with all her might against his grip, limbs thrashing wildly.

NO! I won’t lose her again, not like this, not before she knows!

The doctor, who was using most of his efforts trying to keep Taeyeon back, managed to say, “No..thing....Ms..Hwang...is fine...”

As soon as she heard his wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter