(OS) Tuxedo

collection of taeny one shots/multi shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Tuxedo
-ANONYMOUS


 

Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months, and there was no sign of me. I walked into work place at the hospital, did my job, and walked out. Barely word to anyone. I get several calls from Tiffany everyday, but I never have the strength to pick up the phone and click the button. I didn't listen to the voicemail she left either, because I was afraid that Tiffany's voice would break my heart all over again. I wasn't healing at all, my heart just kept shredding, despite the fact that it was already in a million pieces. I was nothing, I had nothing, not without her. How can one person, affect your life so much? I was a mess I knew that, I was acting like a child, locking myself up in my house, and punching walls like there is no tomorrow. I wish there wasn't even a day called tomorrow, because every day, was a day without her. I regret that damned day that I walked out of that church. Why the hell didn't I yell out "I object!"? At least I would've gotten the chance to tell her I loved her before I said goodbye, because I knew she didn't love me back. Why? Because she wouldn't have married Jessica.

I stood under a tree in the meadow near the park I always took Tiffany to. I've been visiting this place everyday, and I would stare at the flowers and the butterflies fluttering between them under the bright sunlight. I wished my life was just as simple as the meadow, not having to worry about heartbreak and love. I twirled the supposed to be engagement ring around my neck, hanging from a silver chain. I'm not even supposed to have it around my neck, it's not supposed to be with me at all. Because all it told me was the mistake I made that day, and how she would never love me back. But it was the only part of my life that I could hang onto, the part of my life that was with Tiffany, and I refuse to let that go. I sighed, and turned to leave, walking across the field, to the park. Before I fully crossed it, I bumped into someone, causing my body to fling back a bit forcefully.

"Sorry." I muttered.

"Yeah I'm sorry... Taeyeon?"

I looked up, only to find Jessica staring at me with twinkling eyes. I felt sick to my stomach, and I felt hate bubbling within my body, but also regret. She pulled me into a tight hug, making oxygen a problem.

"Je-Jessica, let go p-please." I commanded.

"Oh yeah sorry. It's just been so long since I've seen you." she said cheerfully.

"Yeah.." I said stated blankly.

"So where have you been?" she asked, dragging me down to the park bench.

"Away." I answered.

"What kind of answer is that?" she asked astonished.

"Mine." I replied.

"What's wrong with you Taengoo? You're all dark and depressed!" she said.

Maybe because I am....

"I'm fine." I said, unconciously bringing my hand to my necklace.

"What's that?" she asked, pointing her finger at the ring hanging from the chain on my neck.

"No-nothing." I answered, closing my fist around it. She slapped my hand away, and held the ring between her index finger and thumb. I looked away from her, staring at the ground.

"Who was this for?" she asked seriously.

Wedding dresses. Churches. Bells. Smiles. Vows.Tiffany. It all came rushing back to my mind. Tears filled the corners of my eyes, and I got up, trying to leave again, so Jessica wouldn't have to see how pathetic I looked. But she stopped me, grabbing hold of my wrist, and pushing me back around to look at her.

"Is that why you left that day?"

"I...I"

I started to cry. Please don't remind me. You took her, you should know. If I could take back that day, I would but I can't. Just let me be. Make her forget about me. I wanted to run, hide, be swept off the face of the earth, but I stayed glued to my spot, letting my tears fall to the grass. I felt her arms wrap around me, and she rubbed my back as I continued to sob into her shoulder. Why did I even bother to let her hold me like this? I don't know why I did. I felt weak, and I felt my body grow heavy, as the load on my shoulders had become even heavier.

"You loved Tiffany... didn't you?"

I nodded against her shoulder.

She pulled away and looked at me. "Do you still?"

I hesitated for a moment. I knew I did, it was the absolute truth. But would I really admit it to the person I've despised for so long. But why does she even care in the first place? Well I guess Tiffany is her w-wife. I had nothing to lose, I already lost everything, even my heart to the girl that I love. There was no point in hiding the truth.

"Y-Yes." I said, my voice wavering.

She sighed, then something strange happened.








She smiled at me.

That doesn't make sense at all.

"You are such an idiot, did you know that Taeyeon?" Jessica laughed, poking the side of my head, tilting it sideways.

Excuse me? I wanted to say, but I just raised an eyebrow.

"Come with me." she said, pulling me by the hand.

"Why should I?" I asked, being dragged along.

"Because, you should trust me. One last time." she said seriously, opening the car door for me.

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter