(OS) ICE CREAM AND YOU

collection of taeny one shots/multi shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

ICE CREAM AND YOU
authr:anonymous

 

 

 

“Thank you~ Come by again~!”

Tiffany chimed as she threw her best eye smile at the customer, who’d just completed his purchase and was makign is way out the door.

Her smile faded almost instantly once the customer was outside and she was once more left inside the small convenience store, alone. She peeked through the window blinds and watched the customer walk across the street.

She glanced left.

She glanced right.

No one here..

Smirk.

Suddenly, she bolted out from behind the cashier’s counter and made a bee line to the icebox that housed the ice cream.

Summer had only started and she was stuck working a part time job at a Family Mart that wasn’t even near her apartment complex. It was break, and classes wouldn’t be starting back up until fall sometime, leaving her with nothing to do but sweat out the hot summer at a boring place of employment.

What ticked her off more was the fact the air-conditioning wasn’t working!

The brunette was left to fend off the heat with the small electric fan by the cash register, or if she was really desperate- like now- sticking her head in the frozen foods section while no one was looking.

Seriously, the ice cream gets better treatment then me..

She slid open the door of the ice box and proceeded to enjoy the cool blasts of air that wafted up from the heavenly piece of paradise, allowing her fried brain to forget the torturous summer heat that lingered around her.

Just as she was allowing herself the pleasure to further enjoy her moment of solitude and icy goodness, turning her head to the side as she lifted up her long beautiful wavy locks and allowing the cool air to reach her neck, she heard a cough. The unconscious grin that played on her full lips disappeared instantly as her eyes opened and spotted someone standing there.

“Oh my gawd!” Tiffany, having been startled, quickly went to move to only end up hitting her head against the shelf that lingered just above the icebox. Her jaw dropped and tiny tears of pain formed at the corners of her eyes as her hands shot up to grab the back of her head.

Tiffany heard a soft deep laugh erupt from the short girl who’d interrupted her icy break.

Her embarrassment only heightened, blushing softly. She couldn’t believe she was caught cooling off in the ice box by a customer.

“Sorry about that, I was just-“

“It’s okay,” The girl chuckled, waving her hand as she tries to recover from her hearty laugh, “If I was stuck working here all day I’d probably be caught sitting next to the sandwiches and the soju in the fridge section.”

Tiffany flashed an eye-smile and chuckled softly at the girl’s words. It was funny picturing the girl doing such a thing because it was possible. With the girl's petite form, she really could fit next to the sandwiches and soju.

Fany proceeded to bow lightly to the customer and left her alone to shop in peace as she returned to her spot behind the cashier counter.

While the girl went about looking through the assortment of snacks and what not, Tiffany managed to steal more glances at her. She blamed her boredom for being so curious about the customer. Taking in the girl’s small frame. How she had her long hair tied up in pigtails which drooped over her shoulders in tiny waves of light brown streams. The girl’s lovely forehead exposed, showing off her cute, nearly nonexistent eye brows. Her colorful striped tank top and white short shorts only completed her summer look.

Once the girl made her way towards the front again, Tiffany quickly tried looking busy by fixing up some of the merchandise and what not along the shelves behind her. Not wanting it to seem obvious just how much she's been staring.

When she heard things being placed down upon the counter, she turned around. Her eyes turned to the assortment of crackers and gummy snacks and juice drinks before lifting her brown eyes to find the girl smiling and looking at her.

Tiffany once more glanced to the large assortment of items before looking back to the girl.

Woah..

That's a lot of snacks.

Is she really planing on-

“This isn’t all for me if that’s what you’re thinking.”

Tiffany blushed upon getting caught. She mentally kicked herself for letting her facial expressions betray her.

“Hmmm..” The girl glanced around a moment before walking over to the ice box and pulling out two pink and blue popsicles and setting it down with the rest of her selection on the counter, “ This’ll be fore me.”

Tiffany only offered a smile and nodded as she went about ringing up the girl’s purchase.

“That comes out to be 23,000 Won.”

“Wha..this is the last time I buy snacks for my shikshin friends..”

Tiffany couldn’t help but chuckle at the girl’s words. She bowed lightly as she took the girl’s money and gave her change. She proceeded to then bag the girl’s purchases.

Just when she was about to put the two popsicles in the bag the girl interrupted her by reaching for the popsicles, their fingers lightly brushing against each other’s.

Tiffany glanced up at the girl, surprised.

But what surprised her more was the soft blush that lingered on the girl’s face.

Before Tiffany got the chance to speak the girl quickly beat her to the punch.

“Ah. N-no need to put that in a bag. I plan on eating that now.”

The girl chuckled softly as she went and took one of the two popsicles from her before taking up her bag of things and proceeded to leave.

Tiffany only watched a moment as the girl proceeded to the door when she realized that she still had the second popsicle the girl had purchased in her hand.

“W-wait! You forgot your other ice cream!”

Tiffany called out as she made her way to meet the girl at the door.

“That one’s for you. Try and stay cool, ‘kay?”

The girl only flashed her a shy smile before then leaving promptly.

Tiffany once more found herself left alone in the miserably hot convenience store.

Her eyes shifting to the popsicle in her hand.

A slight smile curled onto her lips as she thought of the kind gesture from the stranger.

Perhaps this summer won’t be so bad after all..

--

This summer ..

I should totally be in California right now enjoying the beach and time with family instead of this..

Already one hot summer month had past by and Tiffany was about ready to throw in the towel.

The air conditioning still hadn’t been fixed, but her boss did manage to buy her a bigger fan to keep up front at the register.

If she had known that having her boss catch her clinging to the cold glass of the drinks fridge would have earned her a bigger fan she wouldn’t have bothered being all sneaky about her visits to the ice box or the sandwich section these past few weeks.

Sure she embarrassed herself in front of her boss, but at least she wasn’t melting like before.

She stood there leaning against the counter with her elbow propped up and her chin nestled in her open palm as she through a magazine, once more trying to pass the time during yet another slow day at work.

She heard the bell on the door go off as a customer entered.

“Hello~” Tiffany said with fake enthusiasm.

Already most of her pep, which usually accompanied new part time workers, was gone.

The summer heat could do that to a person.

She heard a mumble of a ‘hello’ in reply as the customers merely went on with their business of moving through the few isles the small convenience store had to offer, in search for whatever it was they were looking for.

Fany had been enjoying her magazine when something caught her eye. She glanced up to notice the customer and, what she guessed, the customer’s friend chat quietly as they picked up a couple different snacks. Her eyes were focused on the short girl who’s back was to her. Her hair specifically is what had caught her attention.

It was two toned. Dark chocolate brown with bleached tips. It was short, just barely brushing her shoulders, with the bleach blonde tips flared out. Frankly a hair style like that wasn’t very common in Korea, which is what caught her attention in the first place.

She would have kept on staring if the taller tanned woman didn’t bother to look in her direction, over the shorter girl’s shoulder. Fany was startled by the sudden eye contact and quickly flashed the girl an eye smile and a gentle nod of the head before quickly turning her eyes back to her magazine.

Wha..she’s got an intense stare.

She then heard a cute giggling laugh fallowed by-

“Wha, your so right. She’s really hot!”

“Yah~ Keep your voice down..”

“That eye-smile is a killer too-“

Fany couldn’t help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter