UNKNOWN PART 1

collection of taeny one shots/multi shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

UNKNOWN PART 1
AUTHOR:ANONYMOUS

 

 

 

Everyone has read stories of vampires and werewolves and other mythical creatures of the sort. But most people brush it off as a mere story, something that couldn’t possibly be true. Not me. I know that they exist. At least, I know that vampires do. I am, of course, smart enough to keep it to myself. If I were to tell anyone, they would deem me delusional and I’d never hear the end of it. So I keep all my sightings and experiences to myself.

 

 

 

 

 


The first time I actually saw a vampire was when I was at the tender at of 7. I was always a rather small child thus I used to get bullied a lot because of my size. One day, while I was at the playground near my house, being pushed around as usual, a girl, who looked just about as old as I was, pushed the bullies aside with strength that I didn’t know a 7-year old could possess. Her skin was milky and extremely fair and it looked almost like porcelain. Her long, dark hair was tied up into a neat ponytail. The first thing that came to mind when I saw her was, ‘Why is she so fair? Doesn’t she go out to play?’




I was about to thank her for saving me but the bullies that she had knocked down were on their feet again and they were about to hurt her as they did to me. She looked so fragile, despite pushing them aside earlier, so I couldn’t bear to let her get hit. I stood in front of her and received a punch to my face, a really painful one too. I closed my eyes, waiting for the next one but it never came. Feeling puzzled, I opened my eyes and saw the bully looking at me, wide eyed, before he and his group ran away, screaming like they were terrified of something.



I glanced back and saw the girl behind me, staring after the bullies who had run away, her eyes a bloody red. It surprised me but the minute she blinked, the color turned into a chocolate brown. She looked at me, expressionless.



“Thank you for saving me earlier,” I told her, giving her a smile. Mummy always did teach me to be polite.



She said nothing and continued to stare at me. Then she frowned and lightly pressed my cheek. I winced. It hurt. She frowned even more, almost as if she was trying to understand something, but her finger never left my cheek. She looked back at me with questioning eyes though I didn’t know what they were asking. Just before I could ask her, her ears perked up a little and she looked behind her, almost as if she heard someone calling her. She looked back at me one last time, frowning again before turning around to leave.


The first thing that came to my mind after she left was, ‘How rude. Poking my injured cheek and not even saying you’re welcome after I thanked her.’


When I got home, my mom freaked out when she saw the mark on my cheek. I explained everything to her, about how I was getting bullied as usual, and how that mysterious dark-haired girl saved me and how I saved the mysterious dark-haired girl and how she just left after poking my injured cheek. (I made sure to leave out the bit about the red eyes of course.) My mom was glad that the bullies had run away and not injure me further but she forbade me from ever going back to that playground. I sighed inwardly. That was the only reason why I didn’t tell her that I was getting bullied in the first place.


After that day, I never saw the red-eyed girl anymore.



 

At least until I was ten.


I was walking down the street, on my way back from school one day and stopped by the side of the road, waiting to cross. I looked around a little before focusing my attention onto the other side of the road. My eyes widened at the sight of a very familiar person, standing just across the street. It was the same girl from 3 years ago. There was no way I could forget what she looked like. But her skin was so milky and white that when the sun shone down on her, it looked like she was glowing. Her eyes were chocolate brown, not the blood red that I had only seen for a fraction of a second all those years ago. She still had the same look on her face, expressionless.



I don’t know what came over me, but my body started to gravitate towards her, completely forgetting that cars were still traveling down the road. I heard a honk to my left and turned to see a car just about to hit me. But then I felt a rough pull on both my shoulders and I managed to escape without a scratch, but unfortunately I landed on my bum. I looked over to the other side of the road, somehow not caring that I almost died, and noticed that she wasn’t standing there anymore. I stood up and turned around to thank my savior and to my surprise, it was her.


I stare at her, wide eyed. I looked behind me and looked back at her, my hands gesturing between the two sides of the road.


“H-how did you get here?”


She didn’t answer but shrugged her shoulders instead.


“Well, thanks for saving me, again.”



Again, she said nothing. I was starting to get a little irked that she seemed so rude when I was being so polite. But I pushed it away, knowing that it wouldn’t be right for me to get angry at someone who had just saved my life.



“Since you’re saved me twice now, could I at least know your name?”



She hesitated a little before opening to answer me. But before she could utter her name, her gaze shifted to look behind me and she froze. I frowned, confused, and turned around. I felt a little breathless after doing so. Another girl, who was just as tall and fair as the girl before me, stood across the road, her arms folded across her chest. She had long, blonde hair and her eyes were caramel brown. She narrowed her eyes at me and glared, the color of her eyes suddenly turning into the blood red that I had seen on the other girl. I gulped as she snarled at me, all the way from the other side of the road and that was when I realized that they were vampires. Her fangs showed a little and it scared the living daylights out of me.



‘I’m dead,’ was all I could think of after seeing those fangs.


The raven-haired girl behind me walked past me and whispered, “Next time,” before crossing over to the blonde-haired girl. After she reached her friend across the road, her friend’s eyes turned back to the caramel brown it was earlier. She snarled at me one last time before being pulled away by the glowing angel. I let out the breath that I didn’t even know I was holding after they left but my lips immediately curved up into a smile. I heard her voice for the first time. It sounded like she was whispering music into my ears. She really deserved the name glowing angel.



I was hoping to see her again when I reached the age of thirteen, thinking that she would disappear every time we met and would only reappear three years later, but the year came and went and I hadn’t even caught a glimpse of her. Which now brings me to the present. I’m in my second year of high school now and even though I haven’t given up on the thought of possibly seeing her again, I haven’t been thinking much about it either. Studies are important after all.



The bell for lunch rings and I pack up my stuff and head over to my locker. After placing my stuff back into my locker, I turn around and look into the crowd of people who are heading towards the cafeteria. I try to spot some of my friends but it doesn’t help that I’m so short that I can barely see over the heads of most of the people walking by. Just as I’m about to give up and head over to the cafeteria alone, I see a lone figure, walking away from the cafeteria, against the flow of the people. I can only see the back profile of the person but I can recognize the combination of jet-black hair and milky white skin anywhere.


“Hey!” I call out, trying to get her attention as I run after her, pushing my way through the crowd of people.


“Hey! Wait up!” I continue to call out but she doesn’t stop.


I just barely managed to see her as she turns at a corner since I’m still stuck in the sea of people, who are trying to reach their destination to satisfy their hunger. After I finally manage to escape the horde of people, I quickly chase after her, turning at the corner that she did but I meet with an empty hall.



‘Where did she go?’



“Boo.”


I jump and turn around at the sudden noise, the hairs on my neck standing up. It’s her.


“You almost gave me a heart attack.” I clutch the area just over my heart and try to regulate my heart beat. She really gave me a scare.


“Sorry ‘bout that,” she replies, not much expression in her voice.

 

I put my hand down to my side and smile at her, happy that I’ve met her again.


“So, can I know your name now? It has been 6 years since the last time you saved me.”


She smirks at me. “Not here. Come.”


She walks off and I follow closely behind her. I can’t afford to lose track of her again. We walk up a flight of stairs until we reach the rooftop of the school. She walks a little further away from the entrance we just came through and stares into the distance, the wind blowing at her, tossing her hair around.


“What are we doing up here?”



“Getting away from prying eyes and inquisitive ears.”

 

She turns around to look at me.



“So what was it you wanted to know again?”



“Your name.”


“Ah, yes, my name. It’s Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang. And yours?”


“Kim TaeYeon.”


“Well, it’s nice to meet you again, TaeYeon.”


I nod. I didn’t know what to say. My fingers fiddle with the hem of my shirt, a habit of mine when things get awkward. I look down at my shoes and shuffle my feet a little.


“So TaeYeon, what do you think I am?”


My head shoots up at the question. I didn’t expect her to be so frank.


“Um…”


“It’s alright; you can go ahead and say it.”


“I was thinking along the lines of a…vampire?”


She chuckles at me, probably out of amusement.



“A vampire you say?”


I nod.



“I mean you are super strong and super fast, as Twilight as that sounds.”





More chuckling.



“Ah, Twilight, accurate on some but just messed up on others.”





I tilt my head to the side a little.



“What do you mean?”





“Well, for one thing, we don’t shine or glitter under the sun, as you can clearly see.”





“But you do glow.”





I place a hand over my mouth, surprised that the words slipped out of my mouth when I had meant for it to stay in my head.






She smiles, her eyes disappearing to form a shape similar to a crescent moon. Odd, her fangs aren’t there.





“And as cool as it would be, we do not posses any kind of special powers. Meaning that we’re not telepathic nor can we see into the future. But again, that would be cool if we could,” she says with a childish grin.





“And you seem to be aging too,” I say but immediately wonder if it had sounded offensive.





“Well, as far as aging goes, we’re only going to grow up till a certain age. Or at least, our looks will.”





“But I thought vampires don’t age at all?”





“We have to start from somewhere don’t we? So my bunch of friends and I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter