(OS) HOPE

collection of taeny one shots/multi shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

HOPE
By Skylit




“Between people who truly care and love each other, there are times where you don't need to say anything at all.” -Taeyeon





“Yah! Babo! You’re going to overcook the noodles, Taengoo!” A panicking Hwang Miyoung stepped into the kitchen to check on her partner’s cooking, only to be disappointed. She took the ladle away from the latter’s hand and confronted the stove. She immediately turned the nozzle and watched as the boiling water simmer down.

Taeyeon watched from the side, a rueful but somehow playful smile etched on her face. She didn’t utter a single word. She just stared at Tiffany with puppy dog eyes.

“That won’t work on me this time! You ruined are dinner! Again! What do they do with you back in Europe? I get that you’re one of the smartest people in your family, but you’re cooking…”

Taeyeon bit her lower lip and clasped her hands together. Tiffany scooped up good amount of noodle from the pot and held it up. Then slowly, the noodles that were cooked a little too much for its own good, broke and fell down to the pot again. Tiffany looked at Taeyeon with a glaring pair of eyes, the latter just lowered her head, a small smile evident on her face.

As much as Tiffany wanted to get angry, she couldn’t. How could she? With Taeyeon looking so sorry, discreet, honest and not to mention absolutely stunning. Well, she always did.

They shared eye contact for a few more seconds then moments later, they found themselves engrossed in a both a deep and long laughter.

“Guess we’ll be having take-out for tonight. Again” Taeyeon said in between chuckles.

Tiffany threatened to smack her with the ladle jokingly, “It’s your fault!”

“You let me in the kitchen! So partially, it’s your fault too!” Taeyeon retorted back.

Tiffany found herself laughing heartily once more.

“Okay, okay. So it’s also my fault.” She said, emphasizing the word also. “But you’re paying for tonight.” Tiffany said, a cheeky smile on her face.

Taeyeon paused and reached for her wallet in her coat pocket. She examined the contents and showed a dismayed look at Tiffany.

“Uhh, Fany.”

Tiffany shook her head, looking seriously at Taeyeon. “No. Don’t give me that ‘Uhh, Fany.’”

Taeyeon suddenly cackled a laugh, breaking the seriousness she pulled off to trick the girl. “I was just joking! Dinner’s on me. Should we clean up this mess first?”

Tiffany gave another glare to her partner but soon softened to one of her signature smiles then Tiffany shook her head. “No, I’ll clean up. You order the food.”

Taeyeon gave a thumbs up. “Deal.” Then she left Tiffany to do her thing while Taeyeon went to their phone and jabbed in a series of numbers. A couple of rings and the receiver answered.

“Uhh, yeah. I’d like to order….”




//




Taeyeon wondered amazingly on how the two of them, Tiffany and her, had able to manage to finish such a huge meal. Taeyeon had this habit of getting things beyond the amount necessarily needed, and with this situation, it involved food. Lots and lots of it. What gave her another fact to wonder about is how the two of them were still able to fit through their tight pants and slim tops.

Tiffany was now comfortably snuggled in between Taeyeon’s arm and shoulder, a blanket over her figure and Taeyeon had her heart at full content for the physical contact between them. Since she rarely has the chance to actually hold the girl this close, for her line of duty somehow involved…distance.

Taeyeon pulled Tiffany closer and rested her head on Tiffany’s. The scent of her shampoo still remained the same the last time she sniffed her hair.

Their clatter just sprawled over the table. That would have to wait. Tiffany’s favourite movie was playing. Though the two of them have watched it already way too many times, just for nostalgia’s sake because it’s what they used to watch when they were still high school best-buds, they put it on whenever the two of them had the chance.

As the reached its romantic scene, it had served its sole purpose quite well. For it was able to make Tiffany’s heart race and remember the times she and Taeyeon shared within the years. With that thought, she held her head up and stared at the girl who was holding her like she wasn’t going to ever let her go. Tiffany smiled. She had missed this dork.

“Taengoo.” Tiffany uttered sweetly.

Taeyeon looked down and met Tiffany’s gaze. For a brief moment in time, her whole system stopped, then resumed the second after. Years of being together, not the married-together but, together, Tiffany’s angelic features never fail to get the best of Taeyeon. For every time she would look at that piece of heavenly art, it’s like the world around her stops and vanishes which only leaves one person and one person alone. Tiffany.

Taeyeon found herself brushing the latter’s hair with the back of her hand, cherishing the silky-smoothness of it.

“Mmm?”

“I’ve missed you.”

Taeyeon chuckled. “It’s only been five days. You really miss me that much, do you?” She mocked with a sly smile up on her face. She gently brushed her finger through Tiffany’s cheek.

Tiffany suddenly straightened up on her seat and put on a look of disbelief. She punched Taeyeon lightly on the shoulders.

“What do you mean only five days? That’s almost a week! Can you imagine—” Tiffany reasoned out and she looked like she had a couple more things to say but Taeyeon beat her right at it. Taeyeon quickly went in for the kill, aiming her own lips for Tiffany’s, constantly shutting the girl.

It was obvious that she was shocked from the sudden gesture from the latter, but Tiffany complied with the kiss seconds later, and Taeyeon mentally congratulated herself.

“Now, what were you saying?” Taeyeon asked.

Tiffany shook her head and gave out a small sigh while she placed her head back at Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“I hate you.” Tiffany retorted. Taeyeon chuckled and played with the girl’s hair.

“Now why is that?”

“You always take advantage of me.”

Taeyeon cocked her head to the side. “Ehh?”

“Not that kind of taking advantage you’re thinking of. ert.” Tiffany retorted.

“So what do you mean then?” Taeyeon asked again.

Tiffany gave another sigh and then she looked up at Taeyeon. She placed her hand on Taeyeon’s cheek and gently rubbed the surface with her thumb. Her skin was so white and milky. Just like a baby’s bum. Tiffany smiled at the thought.

“It’s just that…you always seem to know what’s running through my mind. How you’re able to shut me up without even saying something. It’s so…unfair.”

Taeyeon smiled from cheek to cheek. It felt good to hear those words even though Tiffany said it in a slightly different mood. But she still felt that Tiffany was totally being honest.

“So—you don’t want me to kiss you anymore.”

Tiffany immediately sat straight up again. This time, distress was the one on her angelic features. Taeyeon thought that she was just the most beautiful thing that ever graced the earth.

“NO! I—I mean, yes, b—but—no.” Tiffany stuttered between words and again, Taeyeon found every good reason to admire this girl in front of her. She pulled Tiffany closer and embraced her.

“I get it, Fany. Don’t worry.” Then she kissed the top of Tiffany’s head. And even though she didn’t see it, she felt Tiffany’s lips inch into a wide grin.



//



It was already past midnight and just as Taeyeon expected, she was just the only one who was able to finish the movie. Tiffany was already sleeping soundly in her arms. Taeyeon reached for the remote, carefully so to not wake up the sleeping girl.

She then carried the sleeping figure. Only then she realized that she overestimated her strength. How can someone with y curves and slim figure like Tiffany be this heavy? Taeyeon trudged over to their bedroom and gently propped Tiffany on the bed. She then released the breath she didn’t realize she was holding in.

A chill brushed through Taeyeon’s skin and she shivered. She looked for the source and saw that their bedroom window was widely open. She closed it and returned to the sleeping Tiffany. The night was indeed cold. So she tucked her love beneath the warm confines of their blanket and kissed the top of her head, the scent of Tiffany’s favourite shampoo filling her nostrils once again.

She returned to the living room and frowned at the mess. This could take a while so starting now should help her finish faster. Taeyeon took the used plates to the kitchen and placed them in the sink. She then picked up the few plastic covers lying on the ground and the tiny crumbs that fell on the carpet. She returned back to the kitchen and began washing the dishes.

A few seconds later, her phone rang. A sound she long despised. For her phone ringing only meant one thing: work.

She dried her hands and examined the name that was calling.

Sooyoung Choi calling…

It was her father’s secretary. Taeyeon sighed. She thought twice on answering the call but remembered something. Whenever Taeyeon would stay in Europe, Sooyoung’s one of the few she can have a decent conversation with without having to involve work. So she reconsidered and answered it.

“Sooyoung? Is there something wrong? It’s past midnight here in Korea.”

“Ms. Kim, I hate to be the bearer of bad news…”

“Hold up. Bad news? And please Sooyoung, call me Taeyeon.”

“Y-yes Ms. K—I mean, Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon nodded. “Mm. So what’s this bad news?”

Sooyoung gave a long sigh and Taeyeon figured she didn’t want to say it just as much as Taeyeon didn’t want to hear it.

“Your father wants you to come back here as soon as possible.”

Taeyeon gripped her phone tighter and controlled her voice, holding back the rage she felt inside. “What? But I just got back here in Seoul.”

“I told him that as well, Ms.—Taeyeon, but he said if I am not able to get you’re here, he’d fire me.”

“No. I won’t. I won’t come back.” Taeyeon said.

“But—“

“Don’t worry, Sooyoung. I won’t let anything happen to your job. Is he there?”

Sooyoung paused for a while before she could answer back and it was evident in her voice that she was feeling weak. “Y-yes.”

“Let me talk to him.”

“O-okay. I’ll connect the line to his office.”

There was a period of silence then Taeyeon heard rustling noises. A deep baritone voice spoke through and Taeyeon’s anger just fuelled higher.

“Hello?”

Taeyeon was rather quick to answer, signalling that she was beginning to feel edgy and uneasy. “What do you mean I have to come back? I just got here.”

“Taeyeon?” Her father asked.

“You’re being inconsiderate, father.”

“Are you questioning my orders?”

“Yes. You promised. You promised me a break and a time off from work so that I could return here at Seoul.”

“I know. But business is business, Taeyeon. If you’re not here in the next twelve hours, I’d be forced to take matters into my own hands.”

“So you’d take your frustration with honest people? Including your secretary? She’d been working for you for two years now, father! Considering your attitude, she lasted the longest amongst the ones you have had.”

“I’m not talking about Sooyoung, Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon suddenly gritted her teeth. She knew what that exactly meant. And for that, she hated her father and his guts even more. Blackmailing was the lowest form of taking command and it was the last thing Taeyeon ever thought her father would resort to.

“Fine.” She finally submitted and gave up, seeing that further defiance against her father would result to things that were a lot worse.

“Good. I had Sooyoung already prepare your plane tickets.”

“Whatever.” She closed her phone and ended the call. She slammed the phone against the table and rubbed the bridge of her nose. Talk about stress. This was so unfair, Taeyeon thought.

But she wasn’t thinking about herself.

She was selflessly thinking about how unfair this was for her love. Taeyeon walked back to the bedroom and stood in between the doorframes. She pressed her shoulder against it and examined the girl that was peacefully sleeping on their bed.

Taeyeon sighed.

She walked to her closet and fetched a few clothes and her suitcase. She just finished storing this in this morning and already she was pulling it out the night of the same day. Truly, this was being unfair.

She threw in a couple sets of clothes and few of her necessaries. Then she sat on the bed, beside Tiffany. In her hands was a piece of paper and a pen. She began writing her note to Tiffany.

Once she was done, she carefully folded it and placed it on the countertop table beside their bed.
Taeyeon took one last glance at Tiffany and kissed her cheek. The latter shuffled in the bed, unconsciously uttering words that were slightly inaudible to Taeyeon’s ears. But after a few seconds of trying, Taeyeon was able to make something of it.

Tiffany was saying Taeyeon’s name.

This had just made Taeyeon even guiltier. “Sorry, Fany.” Taeyeon then stood up and went for the door, seeing that if she stayed a bit longer it would be difficult for her to leave.

Then Taeyeon left for the airport, locking the door behind her with her own set of keys.



//




Rome, Italy.


Taeyeon breathed in the cold air of Europe as soon as she stepped out of the plane, particularly the air in its south-central region. Rome, Italy. She never thought she’d be back this quick. She just hoped Tiffany wouldn’t hate her for leaving so soon. And further more, just leaving her with a note.

But she had no choice. Her father wasn’t someone who usually stalled. And knowing him well, waiting doesn’t sit very well with him at all. He just thinks about the things he wants, and he gets it.

Well, when you’re the president of one of the leading commercial companies in one of the world’s top notch countries, power radiates within you.

And Taeyeon’s father—Well, he had a way with handling his own power. And much of it was for his own content.

Taeyeon despised him for that. But it wasn’t like this from the start. No, not at all. She used to idolize her father. She used to love him even. But now, all that seemed to be a distant past for Taeyeon. It was during that horrid day when it just started turning into hell.

The Hwang’s were very close friends with the Kim’s. Taeyeon’s father and Tiffany’s mother were high school friends and that resulted to their good friendship up until they were parents. And furthermore, Tiffany’s dad worked under Mr. Kim’s company. So you know what that means: Tiffany and Taeyeon were as close as ever. Just like sisters. Or even more.

And as the years passed, it turned out that people’s speculations were true. They became an item and their parents, seeing that they cannot be separated, just gave up trying to. Tiffany’s parents in the end grew to like their relationship for it seemed to be healthy for them. And it was the 21st century for God’s sake, things were changing and Tiffany’s parents took that change and accepted it.

Taeyeon’s parent’s, especially her father, thought otherwise.



//



5 years ago…


“You don’t have the right to dictate me on whom I should be with, father.”

“I’m your parent! For crying out loud, Taeyeon! Of course I have the right! And whether you like it or not, you are going to break up with Tiffany!”

“No!”

“What will people think when they find out that…that my daughter is..”

“Is what? I’m what?”

“is a…”

“I’M WHAT? A LESBIAN? WELL GUESS WHAT, I DON’T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE THINK ABOUT ME, FATHER! ALL I KNOW IS THAT I CARE FOR TIFFANY AND I LOVE HER! Why can’t you accept that? What’s so wrong about having to love? Even though she’s a woman like me, it doesn’t mean our love is fake! Because it isn’t! It’s real and I know it.”

“…”

“You maybe the one who brought me to this world, father, but you don’t own me. You don’t own my life. I’m not one of your puppets.”

“I have a deal for you.”

“…what deal?”

“You’re graduating from Yale this year. A top notcher business major and with exemplary honors. Leading the scoreboards with your exam results. Your school record’s quite impressive.”

“…”

“You’re going to be the next Vice President of this company, Taeyeon. You’re going to work for me.”

“B-but. No. I don’t want to. I’m not ready.“

“I’m offering you a deal, Taeyeon. Don’t you want to hear the rest of what I have to say?”

“…”

“Be the Vice President, I’ll leave you and Tiffany alone. Reject, and I will torment you and your relationship. You know that the Hwang’s are in a financial crisis, do you?”

“No…you wouldn’t…”

“And with Tiffany’s father’s job as their only income, it would be such a shame if they had to lose that too. And may I ask you, Taeyeon, where does Tiffany’s father work?”

“You…you’re a heartless ba*t***…”

“I’ve giving you a choice, Taeyeon.”

“…but I’m not experienced enough to handle this.”

“Then you leave me no choice then.”

“No! I…I—I accept.”




//




Taeyeon snapped back into reality when her phone vibrated multiple times. A text message. Two of them in fact. One from Tiffany and one from Sooyoung.

Taeyeon swallowed a lump in . Tiffany’s text could contain lots of things. The talker that she is, Taeyeon can only imagine the wall of text her eyes were about to see. Probably some hateful words, a couple of swearing. Taeyeon’s heart skipped a beat. She skipped S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter