STEPPING OFF 3

collection of taeny one shots/multi shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Part Three


"This is where it all began...and this is where it will end."







Tiffany stepped out of the elevator and made her way toward the front entrance of the apartment building with a renewed purpose.


Her stride seemed to quicken with every step, and her eyes were fixed and focused.


"Oh! Miss Hwang! How did..." The concierge stopped halfway as he noticed that Tiffany was paying no attention to him whatsoever.


Lowering his arm, he turned away from the countertop, furrowing his brows. "Looks like it didn't turn out too well..." He murmured and shrugged it off.







Tiffany continued down the street, her mind only focused on one destination.


She needed to find the perfect place; and she knew exactly where that was.


Everything in the world had to come full circle sooner or later; Tiffany decided that it was at the very place it all started where she would bring it to a fitting end.


It was a place that was special to both of them, but more so to Tiffany, because it was where she had waited for Taeyeon on the very first day of their love.










As she finally arrived at her destination, she took the elevator to the top floor, crossed a few corridors to a remote side passage that lay in a corner of the floor, and made her way through a door that opened to an ascending flight of stairs.


Reaching the final step, she pushed down on a heavy horizontal bar and swung a door open, and was greeted by a sudden bright flash of light, which gave way to a beautiful rooftop garden.


She paused at the landing, letting her eyes roam over the breathtaking assortment of flora that blossomed all around her; a sea of green that glistened in the loving rays of the late afternoon sun.


Ultimately, she let her eyes rest at a single point at the far end of the rooftop; a spot that lay just behind a safety railing that formed a perimeter around the area.


Instantly, Tiffany was taken back; far back to the first night they were together; complete with every emotion that filled her heart.






The slender, long haired brunette stood motionless, arms resting on top of the railing in front of her, gazing far out into the sight that was spread out before her.


To her left a commercial jet passed slowly overhead, the low hum of its engines filling the air with a guttural roar.


To her right was the vast expanse of the sea, its surface now a deep black, the rolling waves glittering haphazardly under the moonlight. Countless ships were anchored across the waters, illuminating their surroundings with bright deck lights.


And to her immediate front was the city she had lived in all her life; the city that never slept. All through the night it would sparkle with flashy neon lights, its streets always filled with people from all walks of life.




Despite the beauty that she found in her surroundings, Tiffany was battling a rising anxiety in the pit of her stomach.


She had taken an enormous step today : she had confessed to the one person to whom she had devoted all of her love and thoughts to, and now that person would present her with her answer.


If she accepted Tiffany's feelings for her, she would come up to the rooftop garden to meet her.


"There's only five minutes left...what if she doesn't come?" Tiffany whispered nervously to herself, twiddling her fingers, her breaths becoming steadily faster.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter