DON'T FORGET 3

collection of taeny one shots/multi shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Part 3

Seoul

"Tell me more," Taeyeon says authoritatively. Her voice dips almost imperceptibly; there is a shade of anxiety to it as she closes her folder and glances to her left.

Her assistant doesn't even need to glance down at the portfolio full of detailed, borderline OCD notes before she replies crisply, "Bethany. Kwon Bethany Graduated from Yale, magna laude with a double major in business and English. Masters received from the Seoul National University."

Taeyeon's eyebrows lift delicately in appreciation and Seohyun continues rapidly, "She's been a player on the scene for a few years now. She's earning a reputation as a rainmaker."

Taeyeon is pleased. Kwon's credentials are impeccable and her name is spoken almost reverently in the most influential business circles. She's exactly the kind of investor Taeyeon needs. The Kim Foundation is the jewel in her crown and taking it public has been the defining focus of her life over the last two years. She needs someone with clout. Bethany Kwon is going to be that person.

Seohyun starts to ramble off a series of numbers that leave Taeyeon's teeth clicking at their sheer enormity and then there's a sudden rush of movement beyond the glazed panes of glass that open into the conference room. Taeyeon sees the approach of a tall, feminine figure through the frosted window and sits straighter in her chair.

The door opens with the slightest push and then a gorgeous, statuesque woman is striding confidently into the room.

Four years of dealing with shrewd, calculating businessmen have hardened Taeyeon. She has been schooling her features in the art of inscrutability since Seoul Global High School and she expertly masks her surprise at Bethany Kwon's appearance before the girl can look up to greet her.

Taeyeon feels a winding torrent of insecurity. Gorgeous is really an understatement. Distractingly familiar is more apropos.

The woman is tall and willowy, her figure trim from working out; not sheerly the result of preternaturally fortunate genetics.

Her eyes are dark, wide and vibrant; though as Taeyeon looks more closely they seem truly brown under the shine of the office lights.

Her hair is wavy and coiled loosely into a bun. Taeyeon supposes that it doesn't suit her as much as it should.

The woman crosses the room, her smile warm but guarded. She extends her hand to Taeyeon and the CEO takes it firmly; can't help but notice that the fingers are shorter and less dexterous than she expected.

"Ms. Kim, I'm Bethany Kwon. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Five seconds pass and behind a confident smile, Taeyeon realizes belatedly that she thought the woman would sound like Tiffany.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Taeyeon watches from the opposite end of the table as Bethany packs her papers away meticulously; arms stretching to reveal an exotic beaded bracelet beneath the sleeve of her tailored suit.

The trinket is at odds with the precise cut of her jacket and her impressively sober composure. It speaks of adventure and Taeyeon can't help but be intrigued.

It's the strange little bracelet that prompts Taeyeon to turn toward her assistant, questioning smoothly, "Would you excuse us, Seohyun?"

The assistant gathers her PDA and briefcase, departing from the room with tact and expediency. Taeyeon smiles happily. Seohyun was an excellent find.

T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter