김 donghyuk • 5 ¦ requested

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)
Genres: fluff
Pairing: donghyuk x hyemin (reader)
Request: yes [game]
Via: tumblr
Small resume of the request: Donghyuk's inspiration is down but people do inspire each other, in different ways. [art, passion, muse]
Inspired by: John Legend - All Of Me
Lenght: 2117 words  
• ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° •  
The soft melody of the song started playing as the slim male stared at himself in the mirror, somehow asking himself the same questions the song asked out loud, voicing his own thoughts. Donghyuk sighed after trying out a few steps he thought that could actually fit the song. He shook his head firmly as his teeth collided, making his jawline sharper than usual. 
The male let the song keep playing, knowing there was no harm to such thing, probably inspiration would come around sooner or later, as the music continued - those were his thoughts - but he couldn't fool anybody, much less himself and he wasn't inspired, the slightest. 
Dance, dancing was his passion; he could pull it through his moves, showing off how lucky he was to be doing what he liked so well. He could turn impossible into possible, as long as there was a melody and his body was able to follow it. Donghyuk closed his eyes for a second, trying to help his brain focusing on the simple task he had - a choreography has never been a problem to him, especially since he was in charge of dancing in his own group. But today wasn't a good day.
The door suddenly was open, earning the male's attention. Hyemi stood there, leaning against the door frame. She crossed her arms over her chest and chuckled softly ''Stuck?'' Donghyuk smiled at the sight of the female and shrugged his shoulders, answering her in the most direct way possible - yes, he was having lots of trouble trying to get the choreography some life.
Hyemin hummed softly as she walked in, walking like a little girl would - her hands were held together behind her back as she lift her legs slightly higher than it was necessary to grant her to walk and her face showed just the most innocent expression that was cute in the male's eyes. ''I wounder if we can fix that.'' the female said, lifting her head just to look at the male once she was by his side. Donghyuk looked to his left, taking a good look at the female. ''I wonder too.'' he commented.
The female rolled her eyes at how he didn't even come to give her a hug. She bumped her shoulder on his as she stepped closer to him. Almost at the same time, as if the male understood her inentions, he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, pulling her close to him as both released a soft laugh. ''I'll help you.'' the female suggested, tilting her head back just to plant a gentle kiss on the male's lips that germinated a gentle smile over his lips. It felt nice. Refreshing and almost healing. Donghyuk agreed to the idea, nodding his head to tell her he had no problems with that - this also meant some quality time with the female.
Her lips curved into a soft smile as she pulled away, quickly getting her hair into a simple pony tail that looked messed over the rush. Without giving it away, the male took in that small detail in his brain, adding it as another reason to why he liked her - just a random list he started making and lost the count of how many spots he had already filled. ''Okay, give me the beat, then.'' she asked, to which the male nodded ''Right away.''
Hyemin nodded her head after a few minutes - she knew the music and she knew the reason why the male wasn't able to dance. Without wasting any other second, she stole the snapback he had, using it instead. The male tilted his head, laughing at her actions. ''Maybe I should start a list of the things you stole me today-'' he suddenly commented. The female laughed and nodded her head ''Sweet. Add there your shirt, I'm coming over today.'' with this, the female stuck out her tongue and made her way to the computer, searching for another song. Donghyuk tilted his head at her actions, wondering what she was up to since she didn't really say a thing.
He was surprised to hear a well known melody - in less than ten seconds, his lips were curved into a soft smile - this was no other than the song he had once performed with the female, the exact day he asked her to be his. They had worked hard on that choreography. All he knew was that his brain suddenly got him back to the past and carried that past to the future since he was following the same steps, having the female joining him after sharing a wide grin.
The way his hands landed on her body was breathtaking, almost magical. Whenever they danced together, there was no room, no time, no space, no nothing. Hyemin knew the male needed to relax - pressure was never easy to deal with - and this seemed a good alternative and excuse to actually pull him away from the stressful work he had grown a liking for. The memories of both, came back, there were the same feelings, same excitment, even the same passion for it. That choreography would never get old. Hyemin could even feel the knot in her stomach and her breathe not being strong enough to bring air to her lungs when he lift her up from the ground and then gently let her down after the intimate way their eyes looked into one another as Donghyuk moved his feet.
The only result after this was their faces covered in sweat. That was, apart from the foolish grins that consumed their lips, heavy panting and tight hug that followed the moment their eyes met when the song ended. ''Feeling better?'' the female asked, pulling away after a few moments - she would never waste a second on his arms. The male nodded his head firmly. ''Great. Now, back to it. You can do it.'' Donghyuk only nodded his head to the female who quickly pecked his lips before making her way to sit on the couch that was on the room. The male chuckled, shaking his head.
He spent a few hours trying to get the choreography alright. Here and there, he would hear the female comment on his steps, so he could sharpen them, sometimes he agreed to it. The minute he noticed the female didn't comment on his steps, he knew he was doing right but soon, the silence was replaced with his curious side. His eyes glanced at the mirror, not at his figure - since he had been looking at it for too long - but to his girlfriend's figure that looked so fragille, sleeping. He smiled. Since he knew she was tired - and he was too - he decided to only practice for another hour.
After the hour passing by quickly, the male came to sit beside the female who was still deep in sleep, Donghyuk was careful enough to tune down the music but soon decided to wear headphones so she wouldn't be bothered by the loud music. His hand reached for the female's hair, gently tucking it behind her ear as he watched her sleep for a while. The male decided to let her sleep for a while before walking her up so they could go home.
She was waken up with gentle kisses, his nose rubbed against her jawline before another kiss landed over her cheek, waking up the female. Hyemin smiled as she looked over at her boyfriend ''Let's go home, baby.'' the female nodded her head, getting up as she rubbed away the sleepiness that rest oever her eyes. The couple headed home, hand in hand, thanking the weather for being so nice. ''Did you finish your choreo?'' the female asked as they walked, looking over at her boyfriend who smiled at her and nodded his head ''Thanks to you, my muse.'' he told her, pushing her with his shoulder. Hyemin rolled her eyes and laughed, pushing him too but their hands were still tied together, which meant they couldn't actually be away from each other. 
The way home was full of laughs, teasing and even cheesiness. Once they arrived his place, the female ran to his room ''I'm sleeping with the white shirt!'' she shouted, hearing her boyfriend laughing ''That's cheating, you know that's my favorite shirt.'' ''That's why! You get your favorite girl and your favorite shirt in one, how's that?'' Donghyuk only laughed at her statement, nodding his head to how right she was. While he waited for her, the male decided to get something for them to eat since it was late, it couldn't be called dinner.
Hyemin slipped from the room, quietly to find her boyfriend cooking. She smiled to herself and quietly walked up to him, wrapping her arms around him from behind. The male jumped in surprise, laughing after as she rest her head against his back - it felt comfortable. Soon, after eating, the couple was sleeping as both were tired - the dishes weren't that important and they could be washed in the morning since it was a quick task - sleeping was more important. With Donghyuk's arms wrapped around her, his forehead against her nape and his warm breathe against her neck, the female fell asleep quickly, just like the male.
The next morning, when the female woke up, her boyfriend was no longer there. She frowned, wondering where he could have gone and suddenly she remembered; he was probably practicing since he had to compete in twelve hours. Hyemin felt a bit sad at the situation since she wanted to help him practice. He didn't wake her up but as she sat up, she noticed a note he left behind. The note simply asked her to meet him on the show, he had something to say.
With that in mind, the female was conciderably quick in getting ready. She cleaned up a few things, took a shower and got dressed. Since she knew he still would take a while to reveal what he wanted to show her, the female decided to have lunch before heading to his studio.
The sky slowly turned dark, replacing the sun with the beautiful moon, rushing everyone on the street inside to either work, rest or simply have a good time. The last example was exactly Hyemin's task. She sat down on the first row of chairs, as Donghyuk had asked her to. So she would be able to see him nicely and so he would be able to spot her, easily. 
Once the song started playing, a wide smile ripped Hyemin's lips. Her eyes watched her boyfriend's body moving according to the beat. His moves weree poetry in movement - those were pure art. And she wasn't the only one, she knew it. Every new step added was just like a surprise - the choreography was perfect and the way he moved, made it even better. 
Much to the crowd's disapointment, the song was over and with that, so was the choreography. Donghyuk asked for the microphone, panting heavily as he showed his brightest smile. He took a second to catch his breathe before looking up at the crowd and pulling the microphone up to his lips. ''Up until recently I didn't have a choreography. I have to thank someone very special, if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be done with the choreo.''  he chuckled, shyly waving his hand to the female he spotted right in front of him, sitting. Hyemin chuckled too but she refused to go up on stage, it was embarrassing. ''She's not coming up, should I go get her?'' the male pouted as he pulled the microphone away. Hyemin sent him a glare, as if telling him Don't you dare but he simply went down the stage and took her hand, pulling her up on stage. ''Actually, I signed up both of us.'' he announced, earning a glare from the female and cheers from the crowd.
''We have no choreography.'' ''Oh yes we do'' and their duet's song started playing, surprising the female who had no other choice but to dance along. Just like any other time, nothing else existed. Just both of them and the song. It felt right and nice. ''I really love you.'' he whispered to her as if it was a secret, once he pulled her down by the end of the choreo. ''I really hate you'' she whispered back, hearing him laugh just before a gentle kiss landed over her soft lips.
 
A.N.: I'm sorry for taking so long but I hope you did enjoy it. And OMG DONGHYUK; FINALLY. We all need some more Donghyuk in our lives... SO feel free to send Donghyuk (and onther members tbh) requests o/ Well, thank you so much for requesting and feel free to request again.