k.hanbin -- destined

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

‘’The joke is just getting old.’’ Hanbin rolled his eyes as he looked at his wife who laughed at his statement. The male was quite mad over what the fans had been saying, in a joking way. It was not his fault that he didn’t like when people called out Hanbyul, his baby sister (that’d always be his baby sister, for him) as Junhwe’s when he wouldn’t trust her to any member of his group, not even if she was older. She was his to keep and he’d gladly shoo away any boy that stepped over the friendship line.

 

His wife caressed his hair gently ‘’Come on, your sister is going to have someone someday. And Junhwe is currently married.’’ she told him, laughing, quietly as her daughter was taking a nap in her arms. They were sitting on the couch as they were watching one of Disney’s movies their daughter was in love with; the movie still played but the girl was already asleep, deep into her dreams while her parents were talking, about what seemed to still bother the male.

 

Hanbin’s eyes landed on his daughter; even though he was smiling, the male was worried about the situation he was about to talk about. ‘’But she’s still my sister.’’ his wife only shook her head slowly, still finding the situation amusing due to her husband’s panic. She leaned on the male’s shoulder, smiling softly ‘’You have your daughter here with you, so you don’t need to worry.’’ the female commented; his arm wrapped around her, shaking his head slowly, he simply wasn’t pleased with the situation.

 

‘’They’re coming over tomorrow, by the way.’’ the female announced, smiling as she remembered talking with Junhwe’s life. Hanbin rolled his eyes; he didn’t need to ask why they were coming over as his wife was quick to get her speech together. ‘’It’s Kangjun’s birthday tomorrow.’’ she told him, peeking up at her husband who sighed and nodded his head slowly - this meant Junhwe’s son would be around his precious daughter.

 

Hanbin looked away, humping. ‘’Why does he have to come to our house for Kangjun’s birthday?’’ he mumbled, knowing his wife heard him perfectly. The female laughed, shaking her head slowly at his behaviour. She slowly stood up, looking down at her husband. ‘’I’m getting your daughter to bed right now, you should get to bed, tomorrow we’re having guests.’’ Hanbin didn’t look pleased with it, at all. He waved his hand in the air for her as if telling her to go away.

 

‘’Oh, and by the way, it was your daughter’s idea.’’

 
 
 

The night ticked by quickly, almost as if it was running a marathon since Hanbin couldn’t get to sleep straight over the thought of having people over the day after - it was not just people, out of the few kids that’d come over because of the party, there’d be Kangjun, Junhwe’s son - he couldn’t understand how his own daughter betrayed him like this.

 

The alarm clock sounded through the house - his wife had set it an hour earlier because of the party. Hanbin pretended to be asleep but his wife didn’t even mind that. She got off the bed, quickly getting to the bathroom to start her morning. She came out about half an hour later, ready to take care of the cleaning, in order to receive the guests that would be arriving by lunch time as their daughter had told Kangjun to have lunch with them. Hanbin was still laying on the bed, maybe getting ready for the day he was about to face. He wasn’t actually very happy about it.

 

‘’Kangjunniiiiiieeee birthdayyyyy’’ Hanbin sighed; his daughter was up, making a fuss that early in the morning, over another guy. He covered his head and humped, again as he the bed, knowing his daughter would barge in any second.

 

‘’Daddy! Kangjunniiiiieeeeeeeee’’ she shouted happily, slapping his feet as she jumped up and down happily. He didn’t answer her. She frowned and ran out the room, searching for her mother. ‘’Mommy!!!’’ she whined, finding her in the kitchen, cooking something - probably breakfast. ‘’Mommy…’’ the girl called, pouting.

 

As her mother turned around and noticed her pout, she chuckled. ‘’You’re just like your dad.’’ she whispered to herself, picking her daughter up; she seemed upset with something. ‘’What happened, baby?’’ the female continued, wanting to hear her daughter’s worries.

 

‘’Daddy is mad at me’’ she started, frowning as, in her little head, she did nothing wrong. Her mother chuckled at her worries. The girl frowned and pouted more ‘’Why you laughing? Daddy is mad!’’ she whined, frowning at how severe the situation was, to her. ‘’He isn’t, darling. He’s just… worried about you leaving him for Kangjun.’’ she informed, nodding her head firmly. Her daughter tilted her head slightly. ‘’No, I love daddy more!’’ she said.

 

Smiling, the female pecked her daughter’s cheek. ‘’Then go tell daddy that.’’ she said, nodding as she put her daughter down. Kaeun quickly ran back to her parents’ room, her hair jumping up and down on her head as she disappeared in the hallway, leaving her mother laughing behind.

 
 
 

‘’Daddy, I love you lots.’’ she said as she climbed the bed, hugging her father’s figure that was under the blankets. ‘’I love you more than I love Kangjun.’’ she bluntly said, leaving Hanbin scoffing. ‘’You promised you’d marry me!’’ he childishly said, peeking from under the sheets. Kaeun pouted, crossing her arms as she sat down on the bed. ‘’But you have mommy…’’ she answered back, nodding her head as she knew she was right.

 

Hanbin glared at his daughter ‘’That doesn’t mean I can’t marry you, I can marry you too!’’ he whined, pointing at her ‘’And you promised I’d be the only man in your life, forever, don’t you remember?’’ he argued as if they had indeed agreed on such thing so seriously - those were promises kids made when they were too little to even know anyone.

 

Kaeun felt quite bad for what her father was saying to her, leading her to frown and sniff quietly. Her bottom lip started trembling and that’s when Hanbin sat up, aware of how this was making his daughter feel. ‘’Oh my, don’t cry, Eun-ah…’’ but it was too late, his daughter had already started crying - two small teary rivers rolled down her cheeks as she sobbed for air. Why was life so unfair?

 

‘’Oh my, don’t cry, baby. I’m not mad, no no. Don’t cry!’’ he panicked, picking his daughter up just to carry her in his arms as he got up and walked around the room, like he did to put her to sleep when she was little. This still didn’t stop her. She was too sad to stop.

 

His wife had made her way to the room to see her daughter crying. ‘’...Kim Hanbin…’’ she shook her head slowly, smiling a bit at how childish he could be when such thing happened. He looked away, wanting to avoid that look of hers that seemed to be so sure of everything that went down in that room. ‘’Why don’t you take Kaeun shopping for Kangjun’s gift? I will fix breakfast for you two.’’ she told them; Kaeun lift her head and nodded quickly, looking at her father after, just to ask him to do so.

 
 
 
 
 
 

‘’Oh, Kangjun-ah, Junhwe-ssi, Chaeri-yah!’’ she happily spoke those three names as she opened the door ‘’Come in, come in.’’ she invited them in, stepping aside so the three of them could walk in. Little Kangjun looked up at Hanbin’s wife. ‘’Where is Eunnie?’’ he asked, tilting his head slowly. The elder female smiled at him, crouching down to his height. ‘’She went out with Hanbin, they had to get something but they’ll be right back, hmm? Do you want to watch a movie while you wait for her?’’ she informed, finding a way to entertain the kid while her daughter was away. Kangjun was quick to run to the living room and jump on the couch.

 

‘’Goo Kangjun!’’ Chaeri scolded her son who acted so freely. Her husband only laughed and shook his head. ‘’Oh my, come in!’’ Hanbin’s wife got up as the guests walked in.

 

It didn’t take long until Hanbin and Kaeun came back. As the door opened, Kangjun’s eyes turned to meet the lovely girl Hanbin wanted to protect. ‘’Eunnie!’’ he shouted, getting up from the couch, forgetting about the movie he was watching as it no longer had any interest for him. Hanbin glared at the younger boy who came running towards his daughter. They hugged. He cleared his throat. Kangjun looked up ‘’Hello Eunnie’s father!’’ he said before taking Kaeun’s hand and pulling her way. Hanbin gasped.

 

Hanbin heard his wife laughing, making him look up at her while pointing at the kids. He whined but his wife only shook her head and laughed. Junhwe crossed his arms and smirked at the sight of his older friend acting like this. ‘’Yah, hyung…’’ he called out, smirking at him who scoffed and closed the door. ‘’What are you doing here?’’ he sighed, walking towards them.

 

‘’Hanbin-ssi…’’ Chaeri bowed as she saw her friend’s husband walking in. He bowed back, nodding once as he set down the bag he had been holding onto. ‘’I shouldn’t have bought him a present, considering he stole my daughter.’’ he barked at Junhwe while glaring at him. His wife laughed at his statement. Junhwe laughed too. ‘’It’s in our genes.’’ that only earned another glare from Hanbin.

 
 
 
 
 

‘’Why is the bell ringing so much today? Ugh, aren’t there enough kids here? I’ve decided, we’re locking Kaeun in a tower until she’s 60.’’ he nodded, walking towards the door just to receive a few more kids that ran in without bowing down to the elder person who stood there. ‘’Tsk, you mean kids…’’ he mumbled, sighing just to notice his daughter was on the garden with Kangjun, sitting on the grass. He gasped ‘’Yah! Why are the two of them alone? The party is here… KIM KAEUN, COME HERE THIS INSTANT.’’ with this, he ran to the garden.

 

‘’Is he usually like this?’’ Chaeri whispered to Gahee who nodded slowly ‘’His daughter is his pride.’’ she laughed, setting some more snacks on the table so the kids could reach for it. ‘’It’s cute.’’ Chaeri commented; Gahee agreed to it ‘’I guess… they’re cute when they argue too. Hanbin was arguing with her this morning because she was supposed to marry him.’’ she laughed out loud as they walked back to the kitchen. Chaeri laughed too, peeking at her husband who was busy trying to defeat a kid playing video games.

 

Gahee raised an eyebrow, noticing his friend was lost in thoughts. ‘’You okay?’’ she asked, having Chaeri smile and nod her head quickly. ‘’I was just..thinking about Junhwe and Kangjun.’’ she shrugged, ‘’Are you thinking of having another kid?’’ she smiled, sitting down on one of the chairs around the counter. ‘’I’m...not sure. He said he did want to try for a girl but … I don’t know.’’ Chaeri let out her worries.

 

Gahee chuckled ‘’What’s it like to have a daughter?’’ she asked, looking down at her hands. The other female smiled as she wondered if she was giving in to her husband even if they could end up having a boy again. ‘’Honestly? It’s nice. She looks out for Hanbin a lot, though.’’ just then, Hanbin came in with Kaeun in his arms. Both females blinked. ‘’Where’s Kangjun?’’ Chaeri asked, watching her son following Hanbin.

 

‘’Not under my watch. Go open your presents…’’ he glared at the little kid who frowned. Gahee sighed while Chaeri only laughed. ‘’Hanbin…’’ his wife sounded a bit mad over this. Hanbin pouted and sighed. ‘’Fine…’’ he mumbled and set his daughter down; the kids ran away once again, with Hanbin following them.

 
 
 

‘’Kaeun is Kangjun’s.’’ Junhwe announced, out loud; Hanbin wasn’t too far away therefore, he heard it and turned back to glare at the younger male. ‘’KAEUN ISN’T KANGJUN’S!’’ he whined, coming up to Junhwe who seemed to start all the problems. ‘’And Hanbyul isn’t Junhwe’s!’’ he pointed his index finger at the younger who laughed out loud. ‘’It wasn’t me!’’ he said, showing him the phone he held in his hand.

 

Hanbin gasped, seeing that there were photos of Kangjun and Kaeun, on their garden, playing. ‘’I’m gonna die...why is it always you?’’ he whined, jumping up and down as he wiggled his shoulders, sulking.

 

Chaeri laughed as she looked at Gahee. ‘’Yep, this is Kim Hanbin.’’ he sighed and looked over at the kids who were playing happily in the living room with the other kids that were invited to the party. ‘’Hanbin, this is your sentence’’ and both females started laughing, Junhwe joining in while Hanbin felt like crying. First his sister and now...his daughter.