김 hanbin • 26 ¦ requested

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

Genres: comedy, fluff
Pairing: hanbin x mint (reader) 
Request: yes [scenario]
Via: tumblr
Request
A hanbin angst scenario where he hasnt come back home for a while and when u go to surprise him at dance practice u see him havibg a great time with his back up dancer -girl- i love your work btw 😍  
Im the anon who requested the hanbin angst scenario i just read your rules and to help you write it easier. U can go with the name Mint as the oc. Mint and hanbin are lovers. Inspired by ikon's whats wrong dance where they dance with girl thank u >.< 

• ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° •  

Mint's lips parted slightly as her tongue decided to water the dry surfaces. She sighed quietly as her eyes landed on the clock and suddenly paused to take a look at the calendar on the wall right beside the clock. It has been almost two months Hanbin left, not because they argued but because he was busy with work again. He rarelly sent in any sign he was alive and mostly, when she called him, he would tell her he was either busy or coming home soon which meant she would have to wait a few more weeks or so. She didn't like that, at all. It felt weird to have such a distanced love life. If she could recall, in the begging everything was much better but the male had told her it wasn't going to be easy, especially because he had a difficult schedule and life waiting for him; he warned her before they started dating and even made sure she would understand how much she really meant to him when she signed up to an artist's girlfriend role. 

However, it was never easy, coming home tired and waiting for him when she knew he wasn't going to come or if he did, he would either arrive really late or leave just a few hours right after arriving, leaving her no time to even sniff his nice perfume that she brought for him on his birthday last year. She didn't mind. Mint had promised her boyfriend she would understand his position and his hardships and up until now, she was proud of herself - if there was any problem, both parties would try to talk it out instead of arguing and being childish about it like most of the time she heard from one of her boyfriend's friend story. 

The female patted her own thights as she got up from the couch, tired of watching the clock slowly move it's hands as another tick was heard. It was almost annoying how there were three hands yet all of them seemed so close, especially how the seconds hand was fast enough to catch up with the other two, not really giving them time to pronnounce any kind of protest for being alone. Mint felt a bit envious, if she could choose, she would probably ask to be a clock on her next life. Apart from having the numbers to keep her company, she could read or even watch how a love triangle was simple enough to involve three parties and eventually turn them into a family in which the hours hand was the father, the minutes hand the mother and the seconds hand, for being the quickest, the daughter that ran away from home yet came back just in time. 

Mint decided to be just like the seconds hand. She was going home - and home didn't really mean a building where people lived in but a place where she felt comfortable enough to be herself and feel safe. That same home had name that coicidentally was her boyfriend, Hanbin. Just the thought of his name made the female smile. She decided to hurry up so she could have some more time with the male, talk to him and even give him some support to push away all the emptiness she felt inside. It was different having the male around her. She had missed the way his arms embraced her tiny figure and the way his lips kissed her head gently, she missed it all but she was glad she was about to feel them once again since she had decided to visit him.

Being the girl she was, the female decided to dress up a bit since she hadn't seen her boyfriend for a while - it wouldn't make sense if she didn't anyways since he meant the world to her. Mint smiled softly as she looked at herself in the mirror, satisfied to tick all the strong points in herself and Hanbin's ideal type list with her clothes. She chuckled to herself, finding her own actions a bit childish but sweet at the same time. The female even found some time to cook something for her boyfriend, knowing that he was probably very hungry, especially after training as hard as he did. A soft smile landed on her lips as she left her house. Nothing could ruin her day. N-o-t-h-i-n-g. Nothing.

As the female made her way to the building where her boyfriend's practice room was located, she found herself wondering if this was too much since apart from surprising him with herself, she dressed up. Mint eventually shrugged her arms and decided to just ignore that simple fact, enjoying herself instead. That was what she was living for anyways. She couldn't regret her decisions before making them anyways. As she arrived, she bowed to the securities who already knew her since she used to come here a lot when she started dating her current boyfriend. 

Her tracks stopped by the door as she noticed they were in the middle of the choreography. She couldn't simply walk in and interrupt them, that would be rude. Instead, she let her smile grow over her lips as she watched attentively her boyfriend whose moves seemed sharper than usual; he was getting better at dancing, he was improving, thanks to all the hard work he was forcing himself to do. The female sighed happily as she smiled at the sight. Her soft voice hummed along to the song that was playing and overall, the choreography was great; sure there were some parts that could still be worked on a bit more but since their stages were basically about having fun, this dance described them pretty well as a team and even as individuals.

Just when she was about to open the door to get in, she noticed how her boyfriend was holding, perhaps a bit too tightly onto the female he was dancing with. Not only holding but the fact he leaned close to her and even pecked her cheek gently - did they know each other that well? Mint bit her tongue, wondering if this was only jealously speaking or her own self that was trying to warn her that something wasn't right, that it wasn't alright to have someone that close to her boyfriend, especially a female.

Exhaling, the female picked up her phone and messaged her boyfriend ''Hey baby, how are you? Do you think we can meet up today? I really miss you.'' said the text. Hanbin heard his phone ring and almost immediately ran to pick it up, letting go of the other female and that did draw a soft smile on his girlfriend's lips. Not for long though. He stared at the text for a while but he didn't answer. He pulled his phone down and went back to the girl, wrapping his arm around her shoulders just to kiss her head again. Mint felt hurt with his actions. It has been over two months. Two months that she has been missing his touch, two months that she spent waiting for him and two months that she missed him. Not once had he contacted her by his initiative. Not once had he answered her on time...and now this? The female realized that she was probably standing there like a fool since she wasn't even welcomed there. She wondered if she opened the door he would even be happy to see her. 

Since she didn't want to disturb, the female simply decided not to go in. Her hands set the bag she was holding onto down, it contained food that she was certainly not going to eat, much less alone. They needed it more than she did anyways but she wasn't even able to walk up to him and face him in that moment. Her eyes decided to watch the scene a bit more but even though there was a clear smile over her lips, she was sad. Sad that she didn't get to spend time with him and that he didn't seem to mind. If she needed to excuse him she would say he was busy. Mint sighed quietly and headed out. Little did she know that the sudden movement she made had someone's attention.

''Hanbin, wasn't that your girlfriend?'' Jinhwan asked, pointing over at the door. The male raised an eyebrow and looked outside ''She didn't say she was coming to visit?'' he mumbled, suddenly remembering the text she had sent him. ''Oh .'' he mumbled and quickly told them to keep practicing. As he ran towards the door, he found a bag nicely left there - he knew this bag. Hanbin felt confused over the fact why she left without saying him a simple hello or coming in to meet him and his friends who seemed to like her a lot. 

''Baby'' Hanbin shouted as he caught a glimpse of her figure walking. The female widened her eyes; she wasn't ready to meet him in that moment, she had still to think about the situation before actually talking to him therefore, she started walking faster. Hanbin frowned and ran quicker, catching her by the door. ''Babe, didn't you hear me when I called you?'' he asked her, tilting his head just to notice all the trouble she was having within herself by the way she looked at him ''What's wrong?'' he asked, concerned but there was no answer, just like his previous question.

Mint shrugged quietly after a while and that was enough to make the male understand something was indeed wrong. The male looked aroud, noticing the place they stood was nowhere near a place they should be when they needed to talk about whatever was going on with her. He pulled her somewhere else where they could calmly talk. ''Alright, tell me what's wrong.'' he asked softly once they arrived the room he used to write lyrics in. His arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her close to him as he almost sat over the wooden desk that supported the monitor. The female kept quiet and eventually looked down, not wanting to face him since she knew she would end up making him mad for talking without thinking.

Hanbin didn't seem to like the way the female kept quiet over something that bothered both of them. He sighed quietly and pulled her even closer, making sure to use one of his hands to lift her chin so she was facing him ''Is it work? Are you stressed out? Why didn't you come in?'' he asked, honestly concerned as he tried again to know what was wrong. ''You were busy.'' the way that simple word left her lips made him understand part of the problem but not deep enough to fully understand what he needed to do. The male leaned in and gently pressed a peck over her cheek, to show how he cared for her and her problems. ''You could have still walked in.'' he continued, wanting her to talk things out to him ''You would be mad if I did.'' she quickly answered him, knowing he didn't really like being interrupted. ''Well, if you waited until we were done with the song then I wouldn't because you wouldn't be interrupting.'' this got the female mad at him, not because he was answering her but because she knew he would be mad at her even if he was done with the song. She didn't warn him she was coming anyways.

''You should go back, I bet they're worried about you. Don't leave your partner alone.'' she mumbled, now giving the male the oportunity to understand fully the problem. He raised an eyebrow, shaking his head slowly ''Babe, don't be like this...'' he sighed, trying to pull her closer to him but she pushed him away, stepping back when his arms weren't around her anymore and this sure did make the male mad. Without any other word, he grabbed her hand and pulled her to the practice room with him, understanding she was jealous when she didn't even need to. His eyes were on her if that wasn't obvious enough. He hated when she spoke her feelings out without trying to understand his part - he was wroking - and she was aware of it, that was the reason why she wanted to go home and think about it before coming to talk with him.

''Ahyoung.'' Hanbin called out loud, making the female he was working with turn her head in his direction. He seemed mad and the female had no idea of why he looked so mad. She was even more confused when he made his girlfriend stop right before her. s stared at the scene quietly as they noticed how Mint looked down at her feet out of embarrassment. She didn't want to talk to the female since she knew she needed to apologize for the huge mistake but she couldn't help it. She missed Hanbin and seeing him updating all his social media without even taking a second to message her was a bit too harsh for her. ''This is my g-'' ''Don't bring her into this.'' she quickly told the male, leaving the poor female even more confused than she was before. She looked at the couple right in front of her ''Why are you even acting like this?'' ''I don't know? Maybe because my boyfriend didn't even take a second to check up on me while he was working? I mean, is it that hard? I don't think it is, it's not like loosing a second to call me will ruin everything.'' she suddenly bursted, glaring at him fiercly to watch him roll his eyes ''On top of that, my boyfriend ignored my text. Why do you think I didn't come in? Look, I understand you're very busy but I have feelings too, Hanbin. It has been two freaking months since we've talked but it doesn't really seem to affect you.'' she spat out, keeping her eyes on him as the room went quiet, some nodding their heads to what the female said but some others shaking their heads as they knew how tired their leader was since he was the one working overhours most of the time, without complaining. Day after day, missing her and even commenting it to the members once in a while just to make them roll their eyes at how cheesy he was sometimes.

After hearing this, the male shook his head ''You're being so unfair right now. You know perfectly well I've been working my off to get this album done, because this is what I want to do with my life, I thought I had your support?'' he shouted at her, anger consuming him just to hear his girlfriend scoffing. ''I never asked you to choose in between me or your career but if that's what you're trying to do then let me make it easier for you.'' she mumbled, taking off the ring she wore on her finger and giving it back to him, shocking everyone else, including her own boyfriend. She was mad and just like Hanbin, when she was mad, she wasn't able to think straight and all she did was hurtful towards him and probably enough to make him blame himself after he calmed down.

Jinhwan quickly ran up to the female as she was leaving. He held her arm ''Please think about this, Mint. You two are saying things out of anger and that's never something good to do.'' he said out loud, making sure Hanbin heard him as well. However, the female shrugged her shoulders, she was stubborn ''Hanbin needs to focus on his work.'' she mumbled and yanked her arm back, walking out of the building, mad at the situation. 

Only a hour later realization hit her; she broke up with her boyfriend without giving him the chance to deffend himself from her harsh words that now, hurt her too at the way she pronnounced such rock hard words. Of course she was right, she was right but so was he. Her eyes landed on her phone as she typed his mumber, wondering if he was done with practice or not. Without noticing, the female had spent almost two hours, thinking if she should or not call her boyfriend to apologize and after just another hour, she decided to call him. The female nervously bit her lip, wondering if he was going to pick up but soon sighed as his number wasn't available; she even repeated what the person said as she was told her boyfriend's number wasn't available at the moment, she should try later.

''She's not picking up, Jinhwan.'' he sighed, rubbing his forehead quietly at how frustrated he was ''Give her some time, you know how Mint is...'' he commented, rubbing his friend's arm. Hanbin nodded slowly ''Yeah, I know...'' he mumbled, staring at his phone just to notice another minute tick by. He was about to call her back when Jinhwan stopped him. ''Calling her every two seconds won't help, Hanbin...'' ''You're right...'' he mumbled, pulling down his phone. His eyes widened when it suddenly beeped. One missed call? He smiled, knowing she was trying to contact him. He smiled widely at Jinhwan, showing him the notification he just recieved. Jinhwan laughed quietly at him ''See? That's why the two of you aren't able to talk. You two want to make up but you're so freaking similar that you're even synchronized.'' Hanbin laughed, even feeling relieved with the information he just accessed. She felt just as bad as he did for arguing in front of everyone. He felt heavy for not being able to respond to her and she felt bad for not letting him answer.

The male bit his lip as he picked up his phone and called the female. He held his breathe until she picked up the call; once she did, he sighed out of relief ''Let's meet up, baby.'' his soft tone asked, knowing the female would agree ''I'll be over in ten.'' he warned, hearing a soft hm-hm as she agreed with him. ''I have to go'' he told his friend as soon as he hung up the phone. Jinhwan laughed and nodded his head ''You can go, I'll clean up.'' ''Thanks dude...'' Jinhwan only nodded and watched his friend rush out of the room, shaking his head as he smiled at the way he messily hit the door when running out before he eventually stopped seeing the male and got back to his task.

Mint on the other hand, stood by the door rather quietly as she nervously waited for Hanbin. The fact he called out baby made her understand everything was still on with them, even if she burst out at him the way she did, he still was there to make up with her. That made her smile, happy with the results of this relationship that sometimes was a mess. The second the bell rang, she rushed to the door, opening it just to find a nervous Hanbin standing outside. ''Baby..'' he started but she didn't really want to know about any kind of talk. She pulled his shirt, bringing him in just to crash her lips on his. He chuckled but immediately kissed her back, closing the door behind him as he held her close to him.

Once the couple pulled away, the female glared at her boyfriend ''Save it.'' she warned him just to watch him reach for her hand and slip the ring on her finger as he nodded his head; he knew she didn't really want to talk anyways. Instead, he lead her to the couch and cuddled her, keeping her body closer to his ''Let's make up for the time we lost.'' he asked her just to have her snuggling closer to him as she nodded her head in agreement. The couple didn't really need any kind of words to understand each other but sometimes, they had to call on words in order to make sure not only the two of them but the people surrounding them, actually, got the meaning of their relationship.

 

A.N.: I'm sorry for taking so long but I really hope you did enjoy this one! Feel free to request again anytime and thanks sooooo much for requesting. It didn't take me /that/ long to write this, I just had a few requests before yours so I'm sorry for the long wait. Thanks for the support anyways! And I'm glad you do like my work, I hope you do keep the same thoughts over the time xD