k.hanbin -- apology

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

Hanbin and Jinhee sighed; they have been avoiding the argument that they knew could be knocking on their door at any second. Keeping things to themselves was nowhere near what they have agreed to do but people tend to promise things they can't actually accomplish. Jinhee moved to the couch, wanting some air for herself, something that she didn't share with her boyfriend.

It was even stupid to say that all of this came because of the stress that they put in each other's lives because that was certainly not the reason. The female could claim he only worked but so could he. She too was that addicted to work, to the point their conversations were even awkward some times. Hanbin sighed as he peeked at her from the kitchen. She looked lost in her own thoughts.

''This makes no sense.'' he finally spoke as he sat on the counter, not bothering to walk up to her to talk. She could turn around to see him anyways. Jinhee bit her lip - was he saying what she thought he was saying? Because if it was, she agreed with it. Unsure of what he was talking about, the female answered ''I agree, it's ridiculous.'' hoping they'd be talking about their relationship that had been dragged down the hill for reasons both of them could blame on each other. She crossed her arms, peeking over at the TV that could reflect her boyfriend's body sitting on the counter.

The male rolled his eyes and the female caught the sight of it, understanding that that wasn't the answer he was looking for. Her eyes watched him slip off the counter and walk towards the couch, making her freeze; she didn't even know when she got so scared of him and his moves but he never really did a thing to scare her. Maybe she was the problem and she didn't want to admit it. 

''Then why are we still doing this?'' his body was already by her. That was the moment her eyes left the monitor and looked up at her boyfriend who didn't seem happy with the situation. She didn't have the answer to that question. She even questioned herself if she actually was with him because she liked him or if this was just one of the phases of life she had to go through where her brain was quite confused because of the huge pile of work she couldn't get done. She shrugged her shoulders slowly at his question, watching him sit down on the other couch, not bothering to look anywhere else.

Jinhee got comfortable on her seat and kept looking at him quietly, waiting for him to speak since she didn't even manage go get herself together. Her thoughts were a mess ''Something changed in you. I don't like it.'' he accused her, making the female sigh. Were they really going to fight instead of taking the easiest way out? She rolled her eyes and looked away, knowing he was not done speaking. ''You used to be the one waiting for me to come home to have dinner, you used to be the one scooching closer to me when we were cuddling, you used to look at me with such...love. It changed and I don't like it. Now I'm the one waiting for you instead, I'm the one who pulls you close because all you want is distance. I don't like it that I'm trying it alone.''

''I used to be the broken one, right?'' she interrupted him, making him lose his words. His eyes left his hands and now landed on her, he was hurt with her words. ''Being the broken one isn't funny, is it?'' she went quiet after that, letting Hanbin calm down and think of what was happening. 

After a few more minutes thinking, he glared at her ''You know how important work is to me. I can't be home sooner and I'm sorry for that but I don't like to let my responsibilities affect my team mates' work.'' his answer seemed good enough but the female only nodded her head; he was lucky she didn't snap back at him right away. ''And what's so wrong with missing you?'' he continued, leaning on his legs as he knew that his voice had started to raise, something he wasn't aware of...at least not totally.

''Great. I don't have responsibilities, nor work, nor people to let down.'' she coldly answered him, wondering why it was so hard for him to see that she was just like him, apart from being stubborn, their lives were about work or at least that was a way to relieve their problems, stress and other. ''And I don't know...Did you really have to lose my touch to understand you missed me too? That's nice.'' the female sighed quietly, not liking the tone his voice had claimed. She could almost swear that her tone was calm. She didn't like fighting and for the sake of it, she gave Hanbin the pleasure of winning most of the time but if he started it, this time she wouldn't back off.

Hanbin seemed to take long to take in all the answers the female gave him. She seemed harsh or at least more than she normally was as her words were covered with that nice tone of hers just to mask the knifes that'd stab him later. ''I'm not saying you don't have responsibilities, all I wanted you to understand is that if I'm the only one pulling then there's no reason for us to go on with this.'' again, his mind stopped him from understanding how loud his voice was and how agressive it actually sounded. Jinhee kept quiet, watching him and his every move. He started it and she was going to finish it, either he wanted it or not, she'd be the one clapping her hands in the ending for being able to face him.

''I'm glad you forgot the time I had to be the one pulling us, then. This is not a matter of me working anymore, it's your problem that you do not understand that the world doesn't go around you. I have things to do as well. You can't expect me to crawl after you because you're not able to show your feelings towards me. Do you think I'm the one to blame for that? Hanbin think twice before talking. I'm warning you.'' she pointed her finger at him, shifting in her seat as she noticed that her tone had gotten agressive with the long river of words she managed to pool down on his head. ''I'm warning you that if you want to get down on this, this time I won't be the one apologizing and I won't go after you.'' she set off the warning, watching her boyfriend's expression turn into a frown at her warning.

His looks were almost challenging; it was like they shouted a confident ''I'd like to see you trying.'' when his lips didn't even move. Jinhee tried to keep that away from her brain. She knew that even if she was confused over their lost of touch, she did have the same feelings for him. Her feelings remained the same for him, he was still the one she wanted to be lost on. ''I'm pretty clear with my feelings, I just was. I don't like it that we don't talk to each other like this. I don't the fact I'm the one running after you because you're too busy to even look at me or take a second to stay with me. I don't think this is a lot to ask. I miss you, and I admit that I may be closed sometimes but it's just the way I am.'' he slowly got up from his chair, assuming the offended roll he always played. Sighing, Jinhee got up as well, it had started.

''Then, can you concider that I have my own life to take care of as well? You know, I hate the fact that you can be all free and do whatever you want and expect me to be the one making things right all the time. I want to be free too, don't you understand? You want to work, hell I want to work as well. I don't know if you noticed but I have a job I have to attend to everyday and I'm sorry that I'm not as good as you as composing or even dancing that I have to stay back to work harder in order to pull out something nice. Well, I'm sorry you have just so many people around you that love you so much and that I'm left back taking not only your hate but also the hate of the people who think just like you.'' she stopped, glaring at him. Her brain wasn't even thinking anymore, it was letting the river of hurt flow towards Hanbin. He had to know that she had had enough.

Biting her lip, the female took a second to see if there was any reaction she could get off him but there was nothing but a confused mask over his features. She admited that she was mad at him and maybe her tone wasn't as nice as it could be to explain the situation to him but he wasn't fair so, why should she be fair? ''You're used to have people running after you because you're oh so wanted by everyone, praised by so many more and pulled up to a God level to a few other but what about me? Am I not worth it? Am I just another one of your followers? I don't want to be just another believer of you in that huge sea of people you have labeled to be your crowd. I want to do something for myself but you don't seem to understand it. If that God level you achieved was enough to blind you then this human being here is going to pull you down to Earth for a second.'' she stopped, as if to gain her breathe back. ''That's how hard being me it is. I put up with things I didn't need to pull up for you. I wanted you to feel good and safe but I only fed your ego, I understood it now. You can go back to that paradise you live in where you don't have to make the slightest effort to have anything, I'm going back to my life.'' she finished, turning around as she sighed, feeling quite relieved her words were off her chest. Finally.

''Are you breaking up with me?'' he asked as she reached the bedroom. She wasn't sure if that was what she told him. Honestly, she just wanted him to see her side as well and know that she was something he also had to work for, not something he could have and throw away when he was done. Stopping, the female thought, as if her thoughts were heavy enough to stop her from taking another step. ''As you said before, this makes no sense.'' she turned her head to look at him ''Don't make me carry the weight of the mistake you made, it's your turn to put up with it.'' satisfied with her words, she walked inside the bedroom and picked up her backpack, throwing in some clothes as she knew she didn't want to face him for a while after the fight.

 


That satisfaction feeling she got when she left the house, only lasted for a few minutes. She didn't regret letting him meet her worries the way she did but only now did she understand that the question he made was quite the reality they would be living on. Good thing she had her work to rely on. Good thing she had a concert soon and good thing she had planned staying over the dorm to lose less time. 

''Jinhee, you're here!'' one of her group mates shouted, sighing in relief. Jinhee blinked, confused just to see her friend's phone full of texts and missed calls from the person she called boyfriend for so long. She shrugged her shoulders, dropping the bag she carried on the couch. ''What happened?'' her friend tried to convience her to speak but she only remained quiet - if she even thought of saying a thing about what happened, she knew her eyes would give in and the rivers she let Hanbin get to know as her words, would come back to her as pain that'd roll down her cheeks. It was not fair.

 


''Okay, this is ready. Now I need you all to stand on stage, you go there.'' Jinhee pointed to her friend, leading her to a specific spot in order to see if the positions she asked them to take would look good. Nodding her head, she went to her other group mate and pulled her to her place, finally telling her last member to get to her place and stepping back, imagining herself on the place that was empty. She smiled a bit and nodded her head, liking the way they were disposed.

After this, her friend looked at her worriedly. ''You should rest, for a bit. I'll take care of the rest. It's not a lot of things so please go take some rest.'' she asked, pushing her to the backstage. Jinhee didn't know why she followed her indications so easily. Maybe she was really tired. All she knew was that she froze when she arrived the waiting room. Hanbin was leaning against the wall. He didn't bother to cover up and seeing Jinhee's body freezing made him look at her. Before he could part his lips, she walked past him, pushing the door open. His hand caught her wrist but she pulled it back, walking inside and closing the door right away. ''Let's talk.'' he asked her, loud enough for her to hear from the other side she stood on. ''I'm working. I have no time for this now.'' she called out, going quiet after that.

She frowned at how easily Hanbin gave up on it. After all, the hope that grew inside of her had died right there. He came there for her but he gave up at the smallest obstacle that faced him. She was disappointed. She didn't manage to rest at all, at the thought of this

 

After the concert, when they were done performing, Jinhee walked towards the waiting room, tired. She wanted to sleep and forget that day. Her band mates took and unexpected turn to the right, leaving her walking alone. She frowned, peeking at them just to understand why they did that. Her eyes landed on the male that had stood there before the concert. She thought he left but he didn't. He didn't bother her like she asked him, because she was working. He stood, for once, on the crowd and watched her, doing what she did so many other times without his knowleadge.

''Can we talk now?'' his voice woke her up from the trance she was in. She was unsure if she wanted to hear what he needed to say. What if he came to definitely end their relationship? The one she left hanging? She didn't like the way it sounded. But she nodded anyways, looking down at Hanbin's feet as she didn't want to face him. He walked up to her, taking her hand in his just to pull her with him, away from the many eyes that could be peeking on them - three of those pairs belonged to the other girls she worked with.

Once he found a nice place, he pushed her against the wall, making sure her eyes were looking into his. She didn't question him as she understood that maybe he just wanted some privacy. ''I've been thinking about everything that you said. I didn't undestand that you felt the way you did and I feel bad for being so blind about it.'' he started, looking into her eyes, the left and the right one as he wasn't able to look into both at the same time. His height over powered hers for two or three centimeters but that was not the reason why she was so quiet. She missed having him this close to her. ''I missed you so much. All I said, it came out without me thinking over it and I'm sorry for everything.'' he continued, wondering why his apology was so short.

''A simply sorry won't work.'' she managed to speak, frowning a bit at how frustrated he looked the second she said it. ''I know.'' he sighed those two words out, leaving the female curious about what he was going to do. He didn't move though. He kept looking at her. He didn't speak. He only breathed in and out. She was about to speak when he decided to peck her forehead, like it'd ease her thoughts. ''I know I'm lame when it comes to us. I know I let you down a lot. I know all of that and it took me a while to realize but I don't want that to be the reason I lose you for.'' he pulled away to look at her. She knew he was being honest, especially because this was one of the few moments he decided to open up to her and share his feelings with her.

''Ahh man, you're so frustrating, just kiss her!'' a voice was heard; Jinhee smiled slightly as she noticed that her group mates followed them. The other two scolded the one that spoke louder than she should. Jinhee looked over at them; they weren't even trying to hide; it made her smile a bit at how clumsy they were. Hanbin's eyes followed hers but on a second thought, he looked back at her; he liked the way she smiled because of them, it had been a while since he managed to picture her smile. And it wasn't even thanks to him. ''And you just forgive him, goddammit, the poor guy came all the way here to apologize t-'' ''WE'RE LEAVING, TAKE YOUR TIME!'' the elder shouted, pulling the younger who was speaking too much, with her. Jinhee rolled her eyes at them but laughed it out. She wasn't even mad; they were the ones who put up with her though her bad mood because of Hanbin anyways.

''YOU TWO BETTER MAKE UP BECAUSE I CAN'T TAKE ANOTHER SECOND OF HEE EONNIE TALKING ABOUT YOU'' the younger shouted when they entered the room. They only  heard the door close, signaling they no longer were able to hear them. Jinhee's attention was now back on Hanbin whose eyes didn't leave her. She blushed at how intently he was looking at her. ''Do I have something on my face?'' she asked him, noticing his eyes softened. He shook his head slowly ''I just don't think I can live another minute away from you like this. I know it was my fau-'' Jinhee sighed ''It was my fault too.'' she admited, biting her lip ''But I-'' her hands held onto his shirt as she glared at him; she was tired of their conversation ''Just kiss me already.'' she groaned, watching how his lips smiled. 

He was quite quick to comply to her request. Once they pulled away, the female sighed and rest her head over his chest ''I feel tired...'' she mumbled; his arms wrapped around her waist as he pulled her off the wall. ''You should have slept before the concert.''

''Thank you for stating the obvious...'' she rolled her eyes but the laugh she heard from him made her smile a bit. Maybe this was the indication that a change was coming down the way.