k.hanbin -- I still have you

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

Genres: angst, fluff
Pairing: hanbin x jinah (reader)
Request: no
Via: -
Small resume of the request: Jinah has always been there for Hanbin but as they say, people will only value things when they lose them.
Inspired by: -
Lenght: 1886 words

• ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° •

The male calmly forced some air off his lungs, letting it exit by his nose. Whenever he blew out some warm breathe, it would immediately climb up the cold air. His eyes watched how the people past by, like he had no other thing to do to his life. Lately, thinking about the things he went through made his thoughts look messed. He didn't mind the fact he had to take care of s and do whatever else was on the list that belonged to a leader's responsibilities. Out of a blue, a hand cupped his own, not minding the fact his hands were colder than an ice cube. His hand gladly intertwined with the owners' hand. It has always been like this. The male didn't need to look to the person next to him in order to recognize those soft hands nor the perfume that gladly took the space oxygen should be filling.

That one person didn't mind the quiet self Hanbin had became either. Truth was, none of them needed to speak. Just the fact they were standing by each other was enough for him and for her. Hanbin's head turned slightly to meet the female as he noticed how awfully quiet she actually was. Something was up to her. That thought was confirmed as soon as her arms wrapped around his torso and her head rest over his well built chest. His arms didn't move. He wanted to know the reason behind this weird behavior of the female. By now, her mind was divided. "Would you ever want to know anything about my life?" she asked rather quietly. The male thought for a while before shaking his head slightly. They didn't talk much, nor did they know about each other. They clicked right away, after meeting each other but their feelings weren't clear. Sure she was someone he enjoyed having close and sure he was someone she could never replace but, apart from that, they never got to share their thoughts. The female would always meet Hanbin whenever he needed someone other than his own best friends. Hanbin wouldn't do the same though. He was busy. And she understood that; it didn't bother her one bit.

A slight smile crossed the female's lips. She slowly pulled away, even if Hanbin saw her crying, he wouldn't bother to do anything but even so, the female lowered her head and looked the other way.

It has been a week since they last met. She didn't tick her presence on Hanbin's thinking place, the place he always waited for her. The place she always supported him through his decisions or calmed his soul, by holding his hand tightly the way she did and the way only she knew how to do. His eyes landed on his hand as he suddenly thought about what she had said a week ago. The way she acted. What if I answered differently? He thought to himself, finding himself crying the way she did that day. It hurt. His back leaned against the wall for support before he slid down the tree, holding onto his hair. Her features came to his mind; the time she beautifully stood next to him, not bothering him with reasons nor questions about explanations. He could lean on her whenever yet she never asked him for anything back. Never had she broke down in front of him with her problems. Never had she bothered the male with her opinion, no matter how small or stupid his problem was. She never judged him. Instead, she held onto him and comforted him through his worst. He was simply facing his worst lost up until now. His feelings were still not clear but the fact she was not there, he felt panicked. There was no use to ask her to come back to him as she wasn't going to pull herself through hardships for him. He wished he could turn back time and fix his mistakes, he should have said he cared about her life. He should say he wanted to help her like she helped him.

"Kim Hanbin?!" a rather calm voice called, making the male look up and tilt his head. He wasn't letting his brain translate those sounds clearly enough to match that voice with its owner. His eyes were curious, dying to see who would find him there. Yunhyeong. His head turned back to the previous position, facing the floor. There was no use in looking at a male he didn't want to see. The only person he wanted to see wasn't going to come anyways. Yunhyeong leaned against the tree and sighed "She asked me to check up on you. Did you even say goodbye to her? She looked hurt" those words didn't feel right. They didn't make sense in Hanbin's head. She left?

Hanbin smiled through his tears, understanding why she asked that question. "Where is she?" he managed to ask quietly. There was no answer. Hanbin turned his head to find his friend looking somewhere else "She didn't bother to say. You were the only one she wanted to be with." the male sighed, watching the blue sky. "I always thought you two would realize your feelings sooner." "She did, that's why she left. She didn't want to... " he laughed, shaking his head. Was she that stupid. "She didn't want you hurt nor distracted from work. My sister spoke to her before she left and she seemed pretty shocked. I'm guessing she was anticipating your reaction. But seriously, I never got to understand what was going on between you two." "Career over life, hmm?" was the only thing Hanbin said. He knew he wouldn't be able to explain his relation with the female to Yunhyeong as he was confused about it himself.

The next couple of weeks were some short of good thing. His life inspired his lyrics. The male even felt less heavy over the fact he had something to write about. His lips were pressed together into a straight line. His eyes were on the monitor right in front of him. The sudden thought of the female made him check his phone. For some reason he decided to open his social media apps. Searching for her face but soon he regrets his decision. The female was standing right next to what he could swear was one of his band members and his sister. She suddenly didn't mind Hanbin anymore. Did she forget about him that easily? His eyes scanned the phone two hundred times before he decided to set his phone down. He decided to take a break to relax. Maybe be was seeing things. Maybe this two weeks of hard work could be killing him psychologically. Probably that was the answer anyways. He wasn't the one to feel bothered over the female's life and relations but as the question she asked him replayed on his head, he found himself want to dig through her past and get to know about her more than everyone ever did.

"Song Yunhyeong!" Hanbin's voice called out. The other had triumphant smile laid over his lips. Yunhyeong turned around to face Hanbin but he was surprised to see a rather calm Hanbin. He tilted his head slightly as if asking what the male wanted. Hanbin simply rolled his eyes and walked up to his friend "You... Do you happen to know about Jinah?" the younger asked, wondering if he was seeing things through his mind. Yunhyeong shook his head "Absolute no idea" lies. He knew perfectly well where the female was but until Hanbin figured his feelings out, it would be no use to tell him that small detail. The male bit down his lips, feeling his heart race. Probably the amount of time he spent on the studio was driving him crazy. Without any other word, he turned around and headed to the studio. As soon as he had his phone with him, he walked out, to his thinking place. His head was messed to the point all he thought about was the female he had been trying to forget. He refused to accept the fact he missed her. He was a mess.

His eyes caught a glimpse of what he thought could be the female his mind was thinking about. His heartbeat increased and surprisingly, he felt relieved. Little did he know he was being watched. Yunhyeong had followed him behind. He needed to make sure Hanbin would follow the right path. And he did. He grinned widely upon seeing how Hanbin froze as the girl stood there beautifully. He had realised it was indeed Jinah. Her face didn't change but her hair grew bigger. "Eunjin-ah, why are we here again?" Jinah's sweet voice sounded like a melody to Hanbin's ears. The female simply shrugged her shoulders. She was perfectly aware of Yunhyeong's plan, she simply couldn't give it away.

A hand rest over Hanbin's shoulder "Hear her out for once. Hanbin, I think you figured out enough by yourself. Now face it. Liking someone isn't a sin." that comment made the male relax. His friend was indeed right. "I have you so close to me yet, we're so far away... " his voice sounded louder than it should. It was like time had stopped. Eunjin stepped away from the scene and so did Yunhyeong. There was just Jinah and Hanbin left, staring at each other. Jinah felt guilty for leaving the male when he needed the most. She walked up to him and took his hand, not daring to look into his eyes. Her feelings would get in the way if she did. Surprisingly, the male was looking at her, not saying a word as his hand was taken away. The female was about to step away, understanding he probably didn't want to see her but he pulled her close, taking her into his arms. She was surprised at first but after wishing for this for so long, her arms wrapped around his torso as tears rolled down her cheeks. Just like last time.

"You didn't let me finish last time." he whispered calmly to her. The female pulled away and looked at the male, waiting for him to go on. His right hand cupped her left cheek, caressing it with his thumb "I don't want to know about your life because I want to be part of it and it will only matter after we get together. From there on, that's our story. That's what I want you to remember." he honestly spoke to her after thinking for so long. Her tears were flowing more than before. He was able to touch her heart with his words and she never expected him to speak like that to her. She had no idea why he had turned so quiet but the fact he had opened up to her like this, made her hardships worth it. She buried her face in his neck, maybe a kiss was asking for too much in that moment. But the embrace was enough for now. It was okay, as long as she had him by her side.

 

 

{A. N. } : Hello there. I hope you guys enjoyed this small B.I. one-shot. Anyways. You may always leave your feedback. It's appreciated. Thank you (ノ*>∀<)ノ♡