송 yunhyeong • 2 ¦ requested

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)
 Member: Song Yunhyeong
Characters name: Shin Baerin
Genre: Comedy, fluff
Small plot: Yoyo and Baerin are rivals in a cooking show and they have a food fight on live tv. They argue some more backstage before confessing.
Notes: Lol I can tell this ones gonna be good one.  
- - - - - 
''And we are finally going to air the finals, today, at 10PM, don't forget!'' the host of the show said, smiling at the camera as if this was something that made him happy. It wasn't. He had to do it to earn money so he could live his life. On the other hand, two of the contestants, the only two that were left, found this as a stress reliever and actually, something they could be happy about. Cooking for someone brought them great happiness and that was enough, for now. Baerin stood on the right side of the host, right after arguing with Yunhyeong about where they would stay; there were only two sides, the poor man had no other than two sides, the left and the right and Yunhyeong and Baerin still found a way to fight over the simplest things. They called it off as childish but their small wars always warmed up the team that had to put up with them.
''My left side is the worst.'' the male groaned as he came up to the left side of the host, smiling at the camera. Baerin grinned to herself as she got the place she wanted. ''So, Miss Shin, is there anything you'd like to say?'' ''Oh, mom, thank you for supporting me in this!'' she chuckled as she held onto the mic. She didn't even notice Yunhyeong on the other side copying her actions and mumbling the same words quietly but in a funny way. However, when they were done with Baerin, both, the host and Baerin took a look at Yunhyeong, catching him in that weird moment of his. The female rolled her eyes, knowing she couldn't put up with this male, the slightest. She thought it was childish for him to do something like that, especially right before they started recording.
Yunhyeong, on the other hand, cleared his throat and showed off a killer smile that didn't quite erase what just happened since they were recording anyways. There were no cuts as they were asked to film this small announcement in order to get it out as soon as possible.
The people that sat by the tv were already chuckling since the first episode of the cooking show both have joined, especially when they were a team since Baerin would end up either stepping on him or bumping against him so he'd get out of her way. They had no idea what was coming their way.
''So, you guys should rest since you'll have two free hours. The show will be live, too.'' they were informed as they took off their aprons and set them aside. Yunhyeong thought for a while, shaking his head slowly as he had no idea of what to do - he didn't quite feel like resting since he was too excited to even be able to close his eyes for a second. He knew this show meant just as much to the female as it did for him. The male chewed his bottom lip as he took a look at the calm female that was about to leave the building, perhaps to relax. After all the time they spent together on tv, arguing almost every episode, it was only normal for him to notice things had changed a bit. At first, sure it was a platonic relationship but as time ticked by, he found it funny to , even if he didn't intend to - and eventually that lead to some fights that were only dotted when they got off the tv set - but a few days ago, he woke up noticing something. 
His sister had told him that the way he acted towards the female was not just the 'I just want to piss you off' excuse he gave off everytime but 'I want your attention' instead. And there were no plausible plea he could pull up to contest that. He liked her, maybe more than just a friend - even if for him, they haven't even gotten to the friend level due to the competiton they had pulled off right from the beggining, even if the show wasn't intended to be a competition - the thing was, after a few episodes, everyone grew fond of the couple that honestly seemed to bring some life into the program. Many just watched the show in order to see what new adventures Yunhyeong would be able to pull off his bag to piss Baerin off. ''This can't be.'' he frowned, combing his hair with his hand as the door closed; the female was nowhere to be seen when realization hit him hard. 'But that's what it is' his brain answered him, just to piss him off.
The male wasn't even able to relax after he noticed all he had been doing so far was to get her attention when the food seemed more appealing than his own self. His eyes landed on the clock; he wasn't far from the place they'd be recording but he was already late. ''.'' he whispered under his breathe, knowing he was about to hear not only from the host but from Baerin just as soon as his feet touched the building's ground. He had tried to sneak in but he was not lucky. There was a very angry female waiting for him, her arms crossed over her chest - she was almost fuming - just like he had messed up with his wife and came back late after partying. He gulped down the saliva that managed not to dry in sweat. ''Uh hi?'' he showed off a troubled smile just to notice her rolling her eyes at him. He looked down and quickly searched for his apron. 
''You do it on propose, I know it.'' she said harshly, being nice enough to help him. She had never been so nice towards him. She even helped him dress the apron, making him freeze in his spot for a second. Her eyes glared at his before she spoke ''Don't think I'm doing this for you. I'm tired of you.'' ''I'm tired of you too.'' he said back, glaring at her a he took a step back. ''You're too full of yourself-'' he continued just to hear her gasp ''Look who's talking Mr. I know how to cook everything and everyone likes my food-'' ''Tsk-'' he was about to answer her when both were pulled inside the set.
Baerin groaned quietly; both of them knew that at the slightest sound Yunhyeong made, she would explode and probably even entertain everyone not only in the room but everyone that was watching the live transmission. Yunhyeong stood by the counter; his hands landed on the cold metal as he waited calmly to hear the host talk about what they'd be cooking that night. Baerin, on the other hand, imitated him but her brain wasn't even letting her ears translate the message into words. The sound that came in by her left ear, came out right away even faster by the right ear. She could only see his lips moving and some kind of sound bump into her ear but nothing else.
The show started, as usual and both of the cooks were doing just fine until Yunhyeong smirked softly. ''Baerin-ah'' he called, showing just how close they weren't. The female turned around to glare at him, wondering what he wanted that was so imortant since he just interrupted her task. ''Do you happen to have more flour?'' he asked, knowing perfectly well he had flour - it was even on his table - but the female shrugged her shoulders, wondering if he really needed it. Since she wasn't using, she poured some on a plastic cup and handed it to him. ''Than-'' he gasped as he slipped, hitting his nose right on the flour - this was certainly not his plan. He wanted to but it didn't go as planned. The female blinked, feeling his forehead on her wrist and when she looked back, she laughed at the scene. ''Well guess who can't resist me'' she before she decided to go back to cooking, leaving the male staring at her. ''Oh yeah?''  he asked inside his brain. He was almost done with the food anyways, he just set it on the oven therefore, he had thirty minutes to relax. ''Oh yeah, Baerin-ah'' he called her again. As she turned around - almost mad since he had now called her name twice - she felt his hand on her face and suddenly this turned into a real fight.
Her face was covered in flour and she didn't like it the slightest since he could have been nice and only use a bit that covered maybe her nose but no- he had to almost smack his hand covered in flour on her face. ''You little...'' she mumbled, getting the food in the oven first before she turned to him and started pinching his arm ''Stop it.'' she told him, slapping her harm, quite hard just to hear his chuckles. Sure she hurt him but the fact her face was all white made it funny, especially because even her eyelashes were covered with flour. ''I hate you so much.'' she mumbled under her breathe, stepping on it as she exited the room, heading to the bathroom. Yunhyeong blinked, rubbing his nape at the thought of it. Maybe he had gone a bit too far. He excused himself, saying he needed to wash his face since it was covered in flour too.
''Baerin...'' he called out just to watch the female turn left into the bathroom. He rolled his eyes and followed her inside, knowing nobody was there anyways. She washed her face quietly and almost jumped seeing his reflection on the mirror. ''Don't quit.'' he asked her, frowning just to notice she rolled her eyes ''You're too full of yourself, did you know that?'' with this, she exited the bathroom and left him there, washing his face.
Once he came back, she was standing in front of the oven, quietly staring at it as she wated for her food. The cameras caught them both as guilt covered Yunhyeong's face. He sighed quietly and yet again, called her name ''Baerin-yah-'' ''Aish shut up Song Yunhyeong.'' she told him, sitting in front of the oven as she watched the meat cooking. He rolled his eyes ''I bet your food tastes real bad. You poured sugar instead of salt.'' the female's eyes widened at the thought of it. Of course she didn't use sugar. She was almost sure she didn't but she got up and checked the blue container. Baerin glared at the male once she noticed it was indeed salt that was inside the small container. He bit his lip, trying not to laugh at her expression but it was too funny - he started laughing. With this, the female ''Oh this is funny to you, huh?'' she started, walking over to the sink just to wet her hand. He was taken aback with her actions and almost immediatelly stepped back ''No no, come here, you still have flour over your face.'' she told him. He raised an eyebrow and let her aproach him.
She was indeed cleaning his face and he failed to notice her free hand had something on it. ''Baerin!'' he shouted as he felt ice slide down his back. She laughed and stepped back, quickly nodding her head. He was going to pay for smacking flour on her face. The show was always like this, even the host started laughing at the both of them for their childish behaviour as they were used to this but Yunhyeong's next words turned this into a serious matter. ''I'm sorry for your parents'' he told her, a bit pissed and that hit her hard. The female immediately turned serious and dropped her smile, focusing back on the food that still needed some more time in the oven.
On the other hand, the male kept mumbling this and that about the female but she didn't bother to answer back. She wanted to get out of the studio so she could go home - winning didn't matter anymore at this stage - she just wanted to be away from the male who seemed bothered by her presence in every single episode. There was no single episode he didn't bother her. 
The loud sound of the alarm woke the female up from her thoughts. It was time to take the food out. She pulled it out, landing it on the counter and quickly plating it, nextly, she waited for Yunhyeong who took just about the same amout of time to finish. 
Baerin was mad at Yunhyeong for calling out her parents when he knew nothing about her background. If he was a bit more careful, he would have known her father left her mother when she was a little girl - that was the reson why she only thanked her mother. Coming to think of it, her mother kept talking about Yunhyeong and how it was obvious they would end up together but in this moment, Baerin shook her head at her mother's sentence. 
A few minutes later, the show ended, finally setting the female free. ''I bet your food tasted really bad because you scared away the flavor.'' Yunhyeong's voice said as he smirked, rubbing off the fact he was the one who the prize belonged to. She glared over at him, hurt with his words. ''At least I'm mature enough.'' she cursed for pulling out such simple comeback. The male rolled his eyes at her ''Oh please, I wasn't the one who put ice down my rival's shirt!'' ''I wasn't the one throwing flour over my rival's face!'' she shouted back at him, now honestly mad at him for this. He scoffed, ''I really can't stand you, I don't know how I was able to fall for you.'' he commented, without even thinking about the information that just slipped past his lips. ''Shut up'' she told him, knowing this was nowhere near true.
He froze for a second, watching her leave him behind but he knew all he had done was against what his voice wanted to shout. He had came to a point where his brain wanted to throw out the obvious fact all he did was to get her attention and keeping that information to himself was not an option. He bit his lip, knowing his next words would be enough to stop her - at least for a few seconds. ''I love you, you stupid.'' he shouted to her, watching how her feet suddenly were glued to the ground, stopping her from leaving.
He too, was unable to move not because he just confessed his most honest feelings for her but because he shouted them out of a blue, because he was angry. And the fact he was afraid of her reaction played a huge role as well. The air didn't seem to have enough oxygen for him even if there was nobody else on the backstage, it still seemed small enough for these two people. His eyes watched her small frame, still frozen as if someone hit the stop button on a remote control. ''Come here.'' her voice asked him in a quit tone, making him feel afraid of what was going to happen next. He wasn't expecting it the least. He was expecting her to shout at him, step on his feet, curse the world out to him or even hit him but that's not what happened. As soon as his feet stopped right behind her, she turned around and instead of glaring at him as she held her fist up - like she usually did - she faced his chest, buring her face in it as her arms wrapped around his waist tightly.
Baerin was embarrassed and beyond speechless - she didn't want to admit that in the middle of those senseless fights she fell for the huge dork that kept bothering her - since her mother was right and all those times he bothered her were just an excuse so he could get her to talk to him. She had ignored everyone who told her the obvious and so did he. He kept ignoring everyone who labeled them as a couple when he knew they were closer to the reality than he was.
Sighing, the male wrapped his arms around her, flowning as he suddenly felt his chest wet and her shoulders raising up and down calmly. He didn't like the sight of her crying - all the teasing he had done only resulted in getting her angry - but she never cried in front of him. He pulled her head away from his chest, cupping her cheeks just to watch silent tears roll down her cheeks. He rolled his eyes ''You look ugly when you cry.'' he commented, watching the female frown and bite her lip, trying to stop herself from crying. He laughed, shaking his head slowly before releasing a soft sigh ''Idiot.'' he mumbled, allowing his thumbs to caress her cheeks gently, watching her with such appreciation that even she was surprised with the look in his eyes.
The female sniffed quietly after he wiped away some tears that still remained in her skin. She calmed down and just when she was about to speak, he stopped her by placing his lips on hers. She didn't fight back. Instead, she kissed his soft lips as he kissed her own. This threw sparkles everywhere inside her and she could swear he could hear her heartbeat and probably even feel the sparkles hitting him. The second he pulled away, he bit his lip and softly said ''Whatever drove you to tears, I'm sorry. I know it was me who caused them but let's talk about it later.'' the female laughed and hit his chest gently ''You're so full of yourself.''
 
A.N.: Yay for a Yunhyeong oneshot! We all need more Yunhyeong in our lives, honestly. My main ship is Yunhyeongxlipbalm cause, come on, who doesn't ship it? haha jk. Anyways, thank you so much for requesting and I'm sorry for the long wait- I hope it was worth your wait!