k.hanbin -- I think you're beautiful

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

The night had fallen over Seoul. And normally that meant that people were getting ready to either have dinner or directly fall onto their comfortable beds to rest. This was not the case.

The female slowly got up from her bed, feeling tired of resting. Her muscles hurt from being in bed all day. Her head was dizzy from doing nothing and adding to that list of discomfort, she found herself gaining more and more weight over this. She couldn't control it.

The bell ringing caught her by surprise. She held onto the counter tightly and took a deep breathe, recovering from the small jump she gave because of the bell. It scared her.

These last few weeks, she has been avoiding her boyfriend because she knew she had a lot to explain and she didn't feel like it. Hanbin wouldn't understand the situation. The second she looked down at herself, she broke down crying ; how can she show up in front of him like this? He would be shocked and probably yell at her.

She was right. The second she opened the door, her boyfriend started to shout at her. Not because of her appearance but for avoiding him those past few weeks. He wasn't the one to raise his voice but she wasn't making it easier on him.

"I was so ing worried about you I could barely eat. Did I do something wrong? I thought we were going just fine?" his sentence was gradually forcing him to lower his tone. It started off as aggressive but ended up real sweet. The female still kept quiet and just smiled slightly at him, giving out no explanation for what was going on. She was afraid he would do something about the current situation.

Hanbin came in and closed the door behind him just to have his girlfriend break down crying right in front of him with no explanations given out.

He dropped his knees to the floor and blinked a few times before actually coming up with the idea of hugging her. He pulled her into his firm arms as his lips pressed some kisses on her head to calm her down. But that was only the reason for her to cry even more. She was trembling. Her hands held tightly onto his shirt and her bead was hang low. He found this really strange for her.

Without having any second intentions of making her feel worst than this, he whispered to her "Baby, what's wrong? You can tell me." his lips hesitantly kissed her cheek while his hands cupped her cheeks to look at her. She refused to look at him in that moment. She held onto him tightly and buried her face in his chest.

He decided to wait until she calmed down. Today, he had time to spend with her. Enough time.

On her brain, she didn't want to blame her boyfriend for what happened but she couldn't help it. If they didn't argue and if she didn't storm off that day, everything would be fine.

By now, she sobbed quietly as there were no more tears to cry. "I'm sorry." she whispered quietly, speaking for the first the that night. Hanbin was taken aback with her words. Why would she apologize? Did she do something she shouldn't in his back? He was confused. "I'm really sorry Hanbin. I... It wasn't my fault, don't leave me." she begged, feeling bad with herself for speaking like this. At first, she found it easy to blame him but in that second, she could only blame herself for storming out like that.

Hanbin pulled away from the female in order to see her eyes. He wanted to ask her what was exactly going on. Out of all the possibilities he had lectured in his brain, little did he know none would match to the current situation. "Don't look at me right now.... I look ugly." the male sighed heavily at her comment. He wanted to make her smile again and being cheesy sounded pretty good but just when he was about to speak, she pushed him away and got up. She hugged her own body while making her way to the kitchen.

Hanbin got up and followed the female. His eyes landed on the trash bin, which was full. Letters, letters and more letters. His brain figured out what was going on. "You knew the second you started dating me this would happen if they found out. What do you want me to do?" her eyes followed his gaze to the trash bin but she simply smiled at him. That was not the reason why she was so down

The female looked down and frowned a bit. Firstly, because her boyfriend was mad at her for letters she didn't even care for and secondly because she knew that if she told him about the real situation, she would be screwed and he probably wouldn't even want to look at her out of discuss or maybe guilt.

She kept quiet still and shook her head. Suddenly his eyes caught a glimpse of what he wished he didn't see. "Is that a pregnancy test?" he pointed out. She panicked, quickly sliding it away from his reach. "You mean...you're pregnant? That's the reason for you to hide from me? " he looked at her confused. She bit her lip harshly and that was when it hit him. "Wait. How the hell can you be pregnant when we didn't even... Are you cheating on me?" he scoffed, glaring at the female. He was staring at her; he would burst at any second. But soon, the bell rang.

Hanbin opened the door just to be greeted by a male whose face turned into a disgusted expression as soon as he saw him. Hanbin blinked at his girlfriend's brother behaviour. He walked past him and headed to the kitchen "How are you feeling? You should rest... " but the female stood still. Her eyes were still on the male that stood behind her brother.

Hanbin watched her brother take the female to her room. Once he came back, he stood in front of Hanbin, mad. "Give me one ing reason not to mess your ugly face even more." Hanbin raised an eyebrow at his behavior. They were the same height but Hanbin was stronger. He was sure of that.

"Do you know what happened that night when you argued with her? That one night where she kept calling you and you didn't answer? Your ing girlfriend almost got for god's sake, where were you? Uh? Where were you when she called you? The second I arrived... It was ing disgusting." Hanbin lost his words and his throat went dry. "You mean... She's p... " "She took the pregnancy test to make sure she wasn't. She isn't. She's just shocked. She barely eats now but she has gained a lot of weight, I'm not sure how." Hanbin sighed heavily and understood why she didn't want to see him. He understood why she didn't want him to touch her. But he was hurt. Just as hurt as she was. Maybe less.

The scene of then arguing played on his mind and he wondered how he could have let such thing happen. He couldn't blame anybody but himself.

Her brother left the house a few hours later, leaving Hanbin alone with her. He headed to her room and watched her sleeping by the door, knowing he needed to hold her in his arms but knowing she probably didn't want anybody to touch her after what happened.

The following weeks were used as a somehow rehabilitation in order to have her trust him again. He was much more aware of anything that concerned her and he wouldn't let her go home by herself.

She didn't forget completely about what happened but little by little she was able to get through it with Hanbin's sweet nothings.

Everyday he would wake up early to make her breakfast and leave a note beside her dish. She read the note and smiled to herself, giving him enough time to show up and snap a picture of her.

Today was different. There was a paper but there was nothing written on it. She pouted just to have Hanbin come up behind her and whisper in her ear. "I think you're beautiful and nothing will ever change that. We will get through everything that comes out way but let's do it together." she teared up and nodded, caressing his hands that were holding onto her.

Sometimes people just have to be threaten with the possibility of losing something to make up their mind about what they really need. And Hanbin was forced to choose between what he wanted and what he needed.