김 jinhwan ¦ nightmare

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

Genres: sad, angst

Pairing: Kim Jinhwan x Seungah


   He had never been close to people. The male's past wasn't easy to deal with either. He made through the breakdowns, at least enough to survive. By taking a look around,  he noticed just how lonely he was. He lived alone, in a huge house that only tormented himself. Truth to be told, he didn't spend that much time was home as he was hired as a bodyguard; he didn't care about who the people were,  as long as he got to spend time away from his house,  he would be completely fine with it. There were just too many memories inside that house that stopped him from leaving but at the same time didn't give him the possibility to live.

His lips were dry at the thought of another lonely night in that huge house. His house was messy. There was no way out his little depressed world or at least, he didn't want to look for any way out as he would be stepping out of his comfort zone. Jinhwan wasn't the one to drag himself out of his comfort zone.

His eyes scanned the walls surrounding him. They looked dirty. His eyes landed on the floor. He would have to make a huge effort to get to the other side of the room without stepping on broken glass. And he didn't feel like it. He shrugged his shoulders at the messy room. It was just another one of his bad memories. He drank to forget but he ended up remembering everything.

As he was about to step on the broken glass, the rain outside caught his attention "Is it today?" he whispered to himself quietly. The calendar was the only think that was left untouched. There were no ripped pages but instead, a huge red circle, signaling the current day. He picked up his phone and noticed it was that particular day of the year he ended up regretting for his life.

He decided to move outside. There wasn't much to see inside anyways. His lips parted, far away from each other as if they hated being together. His eyes were closed and his arms spread out. Whoever saw him like this, would mistake him as a crazy person. He wasn't. He was fully aware of his actions and how they would change the world he lived in.

The rain hit his features lightly, almost like patting them gently in order to prepare him for the heavy rain that was coming. Two soft arms wrapped around the male's torso before a head rest over his firm chest. His lips curved into a soft smile as he finally wrapped his arms around the invisible human body frame. His tears rolled down his cheeks "I'm so happy you're here." he whispered, burying his face in between the female's shoulder and jawline.

The scent the female had was exactly what he remembered before everything happened. He cuddled the female in his arms but he knew, as soon as the sun came up, she would be gone. He wouldn't be able to hold her and be with her any longer. Because life was unfair. At least for him.

Jinhwan smiled slightly; he actually tried to push away the thoughts of having to deal with his life like it was. His lips curved into a soft smile as he pulled away from the female. He could see her perfectly. Her dark brown eyes, her short curly hair that sometimes got her on her nerve. He remembered every single trait, yet, when he was able to see her, she was still the same. Beautiful as always.

Without noticing, the rain had already stopped; there was no way he could deny the fact he was crying. And the female too,  knew about it. She wiped his tears as if he was the most delicate being living on earth. Her hands cupped his cheeks. She was about to speak when suddenly someone spoke for her "Jinhwan, what are you doing out here so late?" yet another female asked, making the female before Jinhwan disappear. His eyes widened and he tried to catch the smoke he could still see. His eyes sadly stared at the sky "Don't go." a frown was poorly placed on his lips. This was too short. He had waited a year to see her and yet, the time they spent together was simply tickling by like people drank water when they were thirsty. There was no time to savor it. There was no time for anything in reality and he hated that.

"Kim Jinhwan" a distant voice called, finally waking the male up from his dream-slash-nightmare. His eyes opened but he couldn't move. When his eyes were able to understand his surroundings, he found no other than an angel beside him. He kept a straight face, knowing the female already knew he had just lived a nightmare he wished he could run away from.

Her soft hand rest on his cheek and caressed his sweaty skin, starting a revolution inside his brain. Soon, his hand rest on hers and it didn't take long until he actually slid his lips skillfully under her hand. He pecked them gently. "Was it the dream again?" she whispered, worried about the male who nodded slightly. He didn't bother to talk.

The female frowned at the male's answer. She moved, facing him fully. "I'm here. I will always be here for you. You don't need to be afraid." she calmly whispered to him but his head was off somewhere "But why do I keep seeing her?" his voice finally spoke up. That was enough to feel no more comfort. Her hand was pulled back, gently.

"Because you still love her." those words were true and harsh just like any other reality but for some reason, the male hated himself after hearing it. He hated the fact she was right. He hated the fact he had turned into a different man. He came back to the reality he should never have fell asleep on "But I'm here with you." he tried to convince the female and himself. But deep down, he knew the female didn't buy it. "Because you have to." her voice was no other than a whisper.

Her back was now facing the male. "But it's okay. We're almost done. This small fairy tale will be over soon. And you won't have to pull up with any of this anymore." her eyes were like two pools. But they were weak as all the water was released. Her blurt vision managed to look  at her hands. She didn't need his pity anymore. "Can you sleep outside today?" the male didn't answer and simply got off the bed. Once she was sure he was out of sight, she released a soft sigh and sat up "He was never mine. And I have no right to take him away from you." her hands reached for her nightstand.

The tickets to their honeymoon were bought. Her parents thought of it but now, it didn't make sense for her. She left them on the bed, along with a small letter; her vows. After taking one last look at those, she closed her eyes and disconnected the wires that kept her alive. She didn't need them anymore.

In the morning, the male woke up on the couch, finding out it would be rude to wake up a lady from her sleep. But he had made his mind up. He bad to apologize to her. He needed to go on with his life. The only thing keeping him from loving her was the unstoppable feelings he had for his sister. But he agreed to marry the female he was living it. Not her sister.

Out of nervousness, the male knocked on the door lightly but since there was no answer, he found out she was probably asleep. The second he stepped inside the room and saw her sleeping figure lifeless, his heart dropped. He walked up to her, just to notice that the wires were disconnected; how he regretted stepping out of the room last night. "Seungah...you said you weren't leaving me... Why did you..?" he stopped half way as he wasn't sure of what words he should use. All he could do in that moment was regret not caring about her as he did for his sister.

All kinds of discourses were heard. Jinhwan didn't prepare a thing. He now, stood in front of a huge crowd and a dead body. He reached for his pocket and pulled out a ring. His eyes landed on the female. Her body was as cold as ice; resembling him of his nightmare. He slip the ring on his own finger before looking up at the sky that for some reason was sunny in that day. "I just lost the best thing that happened to my life." he said out loud before continuing "but even though she can't show us her bright smile anymore, she is still here with us. And she will always be. Because she promised. And even though I broke my promise, I know she will keep hers." his eyes lift to look at her sister who was standing on the crowd. "I have no strength to fight against the ones I love. And even though I love Kim Jinhwan, I do not accept to take him as my husband..." her sister stared at him as he fell down on his knees and cried quietly. "It was my fault." he whispered to himself, looking at his ring. The supposed wedding ring.