김 jinhwan • 6 ¦ requested

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

 Member: Kim Jinhwan
Characters name: Nam Seohyun
Genre: Romantic
Small plot: Seohyun is poor and just got her last amount of food money stolen. Jinhwan is on his way to eat dinner with iKON and he sees her, asks for her name and why she's crying so on so forth. He takes her to dinner with him and iKON instantly become her friends. She gets a new apartment thanks to Jinhwan and they are in love. She could never thank him enough
Notes: Ugh this is so cliché but I lowkey love it and I know everyone else loves it  

- - - - - 

Kim Jinhwan stood in front of a mirror, sighing quietly as he laced his tie, feeling that perhaps this was just a bit too much. Yes, it was definatelly more than a bit  too much. He rolled his eyes and got rid of the unconfortable pieces of clothing he forced himself to wear. He was just meeting up with his friend's girlfriends and hear them rubbing the fact he was single on his face. He didn't like that but they had agreed to meet up before like this, even before his girlfriend broke up with him to be with someone else. It has been a while since they broke up but he still wasn't over her. He wasn't over her soft lips that always kissed him as she hushed a low good morning, that kissed him goodnight and hushed just a bit louder good night before every sleep. He wasn't over the way her arms wrapped around him when he slept, much less when she rolled on top of him even if it was out of playfulness just to mess with him who seemed to enjoy every single moment that involved her.

That was yesterday, yesterday but not just a yesterday. A yesterday that had past over a while. A yesterday he still wanted to count as the day before the day he was living, to remind himself just how much he was actually loved by the female and how good it felt to love. He shook his head slightly, wanting to push away those thoughts from his brain - she was the one who always laughed at him for dressing up so formally when meeting his friends. If she was still there with him, she would probably help him getting in comfortable clothes that suit the meeting he was about to attend to. But she wasn't there. She decided to walk away from his life without asking permission to leave behind the heavy memories they had carried together for so long.

Jinhwan shrugged his shoulders, finally deciding to get a pair of ripped jeans and a white shirt. It did look great on him and honestly, that was the most comfortable way to walk in. He picked up a jacket and glared at himself in the mirror, as if telling his twin brother to take care of the house while he was away. He picked up his wrist watch and put it on, knowing there was still a few minutes until he was officially late. Probably his friends wouldn't be there on time either so why should he be the first to arrive when this didn't even make any sense in his head? He shouldn't. Period.

The male came up with a brilliant idea. To stop himself from overthinking and staring at the blue wall he decided to paint just last week in one of those sudden needs to change of him, he decided to go for a walk. His feet took him outside until he was hit with a sudden breeze. A breeze that symbolized a warm almost summer like weather. He sighed softly, knowing that he brought the right clothing for both occasions. He walked for a while, stuffing his hands in his pockets just to notice he forgot his phone at home. Great. At least he wouldn't hear his phone ringing as his friends asked him where he was and scolded him at how late he would be if he wasn't almost arriving. Not the kind of 'just arriving' some of them spoke because that 'just arriving' would mean they're about to get out of their comfortable houses with their dates. Jinhwan was mostly on time but he had to make an exception this time. Did he think about how long the people on the restaurant would look at him for not having company? Yes, he did. Did it have impact on him? Yes, it did. Would he care? No, he wouldn't. The slightest.

As he was walking, something caught his attention. A female. A female? Yes, a female. His brain kept asking the male questions he was unable to answer, such as; why was she crying? How could Jinhwan answer that? The male was about to walk away when he noticed that, if he left, he would probably be using the same actions - that didn't quite fit him - that his ex used on him, not really bothering to answer him any unasked question that she could read through his eyes. Jinhwan sighed heavily and walked up to the female, even if he wanted to deny it, he was still a sweetheart that mostly got hurt over the time for being like this. But he didn't seem to care about it this once. He had forgotten about all the mistakes he made, wanting to learn once again with one of his mistakes that perhaps this time, wouldn't be considered mistake.

''Are you alright?'' his voice asked, getting the female's attention. Seohyun heard the voice and lift her head, getting up from the cold floor as she shook her head slowly ''I don't have any more money with me.'' she quickly told the male, digging into her pockets just to pull out the fabric that kept the things she had in her pockets from falling. He looked at her, confused with her actions. The female saw something fall down and noticed a small gold flower she had with her. She always took it with her wherever she went because it was a present from her mother. A present she never really threw away out of lonelyness. Out of the worst events of her tragic life, the second her mother walked out on her was the worst to accept. She knew Jinhwan saw the small gold flower and without hesitation, she held it to her, kissed it and gave it away, to him ''Take it but don't hurt me, please.'' she sniffed, looking at the male quietly as her state was just hard to describe, both, physically and psychologically.

His hand reached for her as he shook his head slowly. ''Keep it.'' he ordered her, watching how the painful tears almost left a scar on her cheeks at how heavy they were. He sighed quietly and wiped away her tears, knowing that probably she felt worst than he did, even if their situations weren't even alike - or maybe they were. The female was taken aback by this situation. After being pushed away for so long, a goodlooking man aproached her. He didn't seem to want something from her like most of the people that past by her usually wanted - some simply wanted to pick up on her, some stole her the small amount of things she had and some even spat on her shoes. ''You seem hungry.'' he commented, waking her up from her thoughts. She frowned and shook her head, just to hear her stomach growl. Jinhwan's face went from serious to confused before he released a soft laugh. ''You sure aren't.'' he mumbled, pulling his hands away from her face just to take a better look at her ''You can come with me, I was about to have dinner with some friends. And I don't feel like going, actually.'' he exposed the situation to the female.

Seohyun stared at him quietly for a while, wondering why he was inviting her to join him if they didn't even know each other. ''It's really alright, you can go.'' she insisted, smiling slightly just to hear her stomach growl. ''Let's do it like this, you give me two hours so you can eat first, we exchange stories and if you don't want to see me anymore, then you won't.'' he offered, not wanting to leave the female who seemed to be struggling alone. Seohyun frowned and nodded her head, agreeing with the deal ''Why though.'' ''Because we're both struggling.'' he confessed, rubbing his nape as he lead the way to the restaurant he was going to meet up with his friends in. Seohyun followed him, from behind as she lowered her head - the traits she was showing weren't her traits at all but she wasn't expecting him to lead her anyway, in reality, she didn't even know why she followed him. Perhaps his proposal of leaving her alone was quite inviting.

Once both arrived the restaurant, Seohyun met not one, not two, not three but six couples in a huge table. She looked over at Jinhwan and frowned, not wanting to be there but just like he mentioned before, he didn't want to be there either. It felt wrong for him, especially because his girlfriend, or better, ex, wasn't there with him. Instead, he took there a female he didn't know the least. Did he even ask her name? Not really.

''Oh, Jinhwan, you came!'' one of his friends said, grinning. Seohyun by now, finally knew the name of the male whose voice spoke inside her head. ''And you came... with someone.'' another one of his friends said, gasping quietly at the sight of the female who didn't feel comfortable in that environment. ''There's only a chair left tho.'' one of their girlfriends said and Seohyun felt a wave of regret running down her spine. She smiled slightly and shook her head, stepping back as she knew that it was cruel, even for herself to watch food in front of her without being able to eat. ''I'm sorry, I entered the wrong room.'' she whispered quietly and bowed her head, not giving Jinhwan enough time to react. Seohyun sighed quietly, feeling her head dizzy from all the hunger she felt. Of course she shouldn't have followed a stranger, much less when he was having dinner with his friends. Did that even make any kind of sense? No, it didn't.

She took a minute to sit down, hoping it would help her dizzy head to settle down and cooperate with her. ''Hey!'' she suddenly heard a voice she knew pretty well since she heard it quite a few times on that day. Her eyes lift to see the male she had followed her but before he could even ask her if anything was wrong with her, she looked away not wanting to face him. He sighed quietly and sat beside her, trying to check up on her but she kept looking the opposite way ''Wha's wrong?'' the touch of his hand over hers was a bit too much for her to take. It felt warm and addicting, something she couldn't have, just like food. ''Are you feeling alright?'' he asked, unaware of how dizzy she was feeling. ''Hey, talk to me...'' he asked, nicelly just to catch a tear with the back of his hand. The male didn't like the sight, even if they weren't friends - yet - this didn't feel right. She couldn't cry without giving him the opportunity to be the shoulder she could lean on. At least that was what he thought.

''It's nothing, go back inside, please.'' she asked him, frowning as she didn't feel like being part of something that involved so many unknown people. Jinhwan sighed quietly and shook his head ''You didn't give me the opportunity to know you, I'm going away until we talk for a while.'' he added, nodding his head firmly as he knew he was right. The female, on the other hand, looked down at her hands; what chance did she have apart from that one? None.

''Alright. I'm Seohyun and some kids stole the money I was supposed to pay my food with.'' she gave out the most obvious details, not really wanting him to get to know that much about her. Jinhwan sighed quietly and decided to allow her to know about him as well ''I'm Jinhwan. And I came to this stupid dinner my friends decided to come up with. My girlfriend broke up with me a few months ago because she wanted to be with someone else.'' he told her, not minding the fact he was the one left behind. Seohyun frowned at the sudden way he decided to reveal not only why he looked so down but also why he brought her along with him ''Does your image matter a lot to you?'' she asked him, looking down at herself as she thought how different they looked and actually were - there was nothing to compare. He was... well dressed and she was wearing just simple clothes that were actually hers but were starting to get tighter. She didn't really like this difference, especially when he seemed to care about it.

''Just let me help you, okay?'' he asked her, taking her hand in his. ''If you don't want to be with my friends, we'll go somewhere else. We will eat somewhere but don't leave me alone. It feels bad.'' he confessed to her, hoping this would be enough reason for her to stay with him. Seohyun nodded slowly, trusting yet again on this stranger she just got to know a few minutes ago. Something about him felt right and she couldn't deny that - she didn't feel so lonely thanks to him. Jinhwan got up and helped the female up just to notice she still felt a bit dizzy. ''Would you rather eat here? I can go in and order something...'' he offered but she shook her head. She didn't want to drag any kind of unwanted attentions ''Let's go somewhere less... fancy.'' she asked him, watching him nod his head as he agreed with her. Carefully, he pulled her up and helped her walking but as they took another step, she felt worst. 

''Ride my back.'' he asked her once they were nearby a bench. Seohyun blinked at his request and shook her head slowly ''I'll get your clothes dirty. It's okay, I can walk.'' she mumbled softly as she looked down, not getting to know the male rolled his eyes at her behaviour. ''Either you ride my back right now or I will carry you around in my arms.'' the female glared at him and sighed quietly, getting on the bench just to climb on his back. She rest her cheek on his head as he held onto her legs and started walking ''I'm sorry.'' she asked him as he did all the work. He laughed quietly and shook his head slowly in order not to hurt her since she had rest her cheek on his head ''If it wasn't for you, I would probably be inside that restaurant with twelve annoying people hearing them say to each other how much they love one another and how they couldn't live without them and telling boring stories about how they met and what changed since last year.'' he commented, stopping once they got to another restaurant that, as the female requested, didn't look as fancy.

She climbed down his back and walked with him inside the restaurant, ordering simple dishes. The female didn't want to abuse of his generous side. The male, on the other hand, didn't really seem to mind about this. During the all night, they talked and even ended up laughing at the way Jinhwan described his friends. Once the female was done eating, she almost cried out of happiness for being able to eat real food after so long. ''I'll take you home.'' the male offered, making the female freeze - was the place she slept in a place comfortable enough for her to call home? ''It's okay, you don't need to do that, I will find my way back.'' she said to him, smiling softly, shaking her hands in front of her face. Jinhwan understood something was wrong but he didn't insist any longer. ''Well, alright then.'' he told her.

His eyes followed the path she walked and without noticing, he was following her. Once she ran in between two buildings, he understood where she lived but it didn't bother him the slightest. The male went home that day but he wasn't able to sleep. He could consider her as his friend, right? Probably since he knew her name and part of her life just like she knew his name and part of his life as well. As Jinhwan sat on his bed, he thought about the female and without even realizing, he wanted to help her. There was a floor just above his own that wasn't being used. Since he knew the owner of the building, he knew there would be no problem in buying it either. 

That same night, he had decided to talk to the owner of the floor above his own and calmly made a deal. Money was just not a problem for him and after getting to know the female, he wouldn't mind the slightest, taking some time to be with her and actually help her get back into what the society found out to be acceptable. After getting the deal done, the male waited until the hour was acceptable enough for him to visit the female but he was a bit too excited to meet her therefore, he headed out pretty soon. 

''Seohyun.'' he called out at the place she ran into last night, hearing his voice echoing made him think if it was as scary to the female as it was for him. He slowly walked towards the space in between the buildings and out of fear, he the latern on his phone, so he could actually see the surroundings. He found a body under a few paper sheets. His eyes weren't fooling him. That body belonged ecxactly to the female he was looking for. She was sleeping but at least, the pale that covered her face yesterday was replaced by a slight darker color, a soft pink that in his opinion, looked much better on her. Jinhwan hummed rather quietly as he sat by her side, not really caring about who could see him in that moment. He just wanted to be with her in that moment - he knew that she would be the last person (that even if she had the option to, she wouldn't) to judge him and that brought a soft smile to his lips. His hand rest over her cheek, feeling just how cold she was; that didn't make him feel relieved. He sighed quietly, not being sure of how to wake her up much less what time she actually fell asleep. She could be tired. But he was worried.

The male suddenly thought he was going crazy for wanting to help a stranger like this; who would even care about a stranger - that had a name that actually had him going crazy over - this much? Nobody. Now, the male recalled one of those biology classes nobody really paid attention to; it was all about attraction. Something they couldn't actually control. Jinhwan rolled his eyes at his own thoughts, forgetting about the hand he felt over the female's cheek. He was so distracted that he didn't even notice Seohyun woke up. Her eyes widened as she slowly sat up and stared at hm ''Jinhwan? What are you doing here?'' the worst thoughts came to her mind, not giving enough time for the male to explain, she alost immediatelly told him ''If it is because of the money you spent yesterday, I'm sorry.'' she added quietly just to hear him laugh. He shook his head slowly ''I felt very lonely at home and I was kinda curious about your house too.'' he took a look around before looking at the female ''And my friend kind of just gave me another floor on the apartment I live in so I thought you could move in if you'd like? Cause...you know, I can't divide myself and live in two different houses at the same time.'' he continued, surprising the female who felt confused over his words. 

''Come on'' he added, pulling her up just before he lead her towards the house she would be living in. Seohyun, on the other hand, stared at him rather quietly as she let her shocked self be guided towards somewhere unknown - she couldn't thank him enough and whever he took her, couldn't be worst than the place she currently lived in.

Once he opened the door for her, she widened her eyes; her jaw dropped and her body almost fainted at the sight of such comfortable house. How she missed this. The male simply laughed at the way she reacted. ''I'll see you tomorrow?'' he asked, leaving the keys in her hand just to watch her nod her head slowly. She was lost. So lost that she didn't even seem to know what a house like this was anymore. Jinhwan was helping her take a big step in her life and she wasn't sure if the step she was taking was longer than her legs.

The female lived everyday with the thought of not being able to thank him enough for what he had done for her. Looking back, she could maybe call it destiny since he had offered her a house without even asking for anything back. Her nights were filled with loud laughs as Jinhwan always found time to meet her before he went to sleep, on his own house and he even helped her getting a job. During all those moments he shared, the female fell in love with him, especially after knowing him so well. After knowing about his ex and how much he missed her. There were even some times when the male would ask to stay over with her since he felt the house was too huge for him, there were a few others when he came home drunk, ringing her bell out of habit and there was not a single time she turned him down. That was the least she could do for him. The very least.

''Jinhwan-'' the female stopped her tracks when she noticed the male was asleep on the couch. She shook her head slowly at the sight of him, laughing quietly. He always fell asleep on her couch, ever since they decided to have a movie night every Friday. Truth to be told, they didn't meet up as often as they did before because, thanks to him, the female had found a job and her life was actually getting back on track therefore, they had decided they would meet up at least once a week either to fool around, catch up or simply be there for one another. The female picked up a blanket and pulled it over themale as she sat over on the floor, near him. She admired his features, wanting to keep herself from falling deeper for him but she couldn't. ''It feels like we live in the same house.'' she commented, brushing his hair gently ''This idiot always falls asleep on my couch.'' but little did she know that, this time, he wasn't sleeping.

He had talked to his friends about Seohyun and a few of them accused him of being done with his ex. He liked someone else now, he had to accept that because everyone else was able to see it. All he had done for her, especially the last month, was not something anyone would be open to do for a friend. Jinhwan realized that after his friends rubbed it in his face. She was not just another firend  for him. ''I still can't thank you enough for all you've done.'' she kept talking to the sleeping Jinhwan in front of her. ''I really hope I can help you just as much as you helped me but I'm not sure if I can.'' she mumbled, liking the way his hair felt on her hand. ''I really wish you could see me too. I know this is asking for too much since you've already done basically everything for me. But I wish you could forget her and give me a chance. A chance to maybe  payback everything you did for me.'' with this, she stood up slowly and made her way to her room, stopping by the bathroom to brush her teeth.

The male opened his eyes, smiling softly to himself after hearing the female confess. He patiently waited until the female entered her room to get up. He walked towards her room and pushed the door open quietly, getting himself on her bed that smelled so nice, like her. His arms wrapped around her from behind as she jumped a bit, sniffing in hope her tears would run back inside her eyes. ''What are you doing, Jinhwan?'' she asked, quietly so he wouldn't hear her crying. He bumped his nose against her nape before talking ''I'm moving in, with you.'' ''What?'' she whispered, shocked with his words. ''I heard you, from the very beggining. And I agree, I always fall asleep in your couch because it feels better in your house than in mine, because you're here. And about the last part, I think you rudely forced her out of my mind and replaced her.'' he informed, placing a gentle kiss on her head just before she turned around and hugged his body to hers, burying her face in his chest. ''Thank you.'' ''No, Thank you.'' he whispered in her head, hugging her tightly towards him.

 

A.N.: why do I feel like this deserved to be longer than it actually is? Oh boy, you don't know just how I wanted to write this but my damn laptop kept shutting down- anyways, thank you so much for requesting and well..well... request again if you'd like! I hope you enjoyed it too!