g.junhwe -- i promise

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

Junhwe raised an eyebrow at the drama that was playing in the tv, shaking his head at how the female and the male lead were acting. His girlfriend had her head resting over his shoulder as their hands were intertwined like they belonged together; in all honesty, it was the cold that brought them together, closer to each other like this. It felt great to have her in his arms on the few days he managed to get off from his work and they spent that time like this, if they could.

 

‘’Would you ever cheat on me?’’ the female suddenly asked, lifting her head from his shoulder just to look up at the male who looked back at her. He was in love with her, to the point he could swear he would never hurt her because he was so blinded by the ideal of love he had that he couldn’t understand that his slightest actions could affect her later on. Smiling, he leaned in and pressed his forehead against hers, feeling the heat raise from her cheeks, making him release a soft chuckle at how cute this scene seemed in his eyes ‘’I would never cheat on you.’’ he whispered to her, forcing their noses to meet. The female chuckled softly at her boyfriend’s silly actions

 

The couple fell asleep after sharing a few kisses and some few more chuckles - Junhwe was even surprised to be smiling this much but then again, she was the reason for it anyways and that itself would explain it all to him. With all the reasons he managed to pull off, loving her would probably the excuse that’d stand up for itself.



 

Without their approval, the morning had arrived, forcing them off the couch so they could do what they were supposed to - take a shower, eat and get to work on time. Schedules were just too much sometimes, getting people crazy and Junhwe could almost swear he hated his schedule now that he had to let go of his girlfriend but at the same time, he thanked it for allowing him to eat the food she cooked for him. Junhwe seemed different in his own eyes but he didn’t mind the changes anyways; he was happy with all of this.

 

‘’I’ll be back later, hopefully’’ the male said, sighing quietly as his schedule made his head feel dizzy - just how many things did he actually have to do? There were too many and time did never seem enough. Probably he’d just end up staying there, sleeping over at the dorm or whatever because he was too tired to get home and even if he did, he’d fall straight asleep so there was no point. In the middle of those promises he knew he’d break, he released a gentle smile so the female knew he was at least going to try. She, however, knew he sat on top of a throne made out of broken promises - she never really pointed a finger accusingly at him, fearing he’d just explode over it. She was only human in the end.

 

Junhwe leaned down, to match the female’s height, kissing her lips just slightly as he couldn’t afford staying back for long and if they kissed for longer than this, he knew perfectly well he’d just think another minute with her wouldn’t affect his day the slightest when that was not even near the truth. ‘’Alright, be safe.’’ she answered him once they pulled away.

 

With a slight nod of head, he exited the house he shared with his girlfriend. She had no other option but to let him leave. In all honesty, she wasn’t feeling that great that day and that was the main cause for her to stay home.

 

The bell ringing surprised her. It hasn’t even been an hour since her boyfriend left; did he forget something? She made her way to the door, opening it quite lazily just to notice it wasn’t her boyfriend. Instead, a tall female stood before her. She didn’t look too happy, maybe rather insecure. ‘’How can I help you?’’ she asked, holding onto the door still but the taller female didn’t look too interested.

 

‘’Is Junhwe home?’’ of course not, and she knew it. His girlfriend shook her head slowly, falling right onto the trap that girl wanted her to. ‘’But can I help you?’’ she politely asked. Little did she know those words were just a trampoline for a situation she’d rather be blind and deaf to. ‘’Can you get him these, then?’’ pure evil could be read off her eyes as she knew his current girlfriend would just peck at it and wish she didn’t.

 

She took what she handed her in her hands and gasped at it - she didn’t mean to know what information the envelope she was handed contained but she could read it off right on the envelope and by the size of it, it gave away exactly what it was.

 

Shocked, she looked up at the taller female who tilted her head, like she was asking what was wrong. ‘’What..does this mean?’’ Junhwe’s girlfriend asked, biting her bottom lip as she held the envelope in one of her hands, gently shaking it as it had no fault over what was going on, it was Junhwe’s business that did also affect her. ‘’Why did you come here to give him this?’’ quite a few questions ran through her head as she wondered just what was actually going on.

 

‘’I think it is obvious, honey. It’s his.’’ she informed, clicking her tongue, maybe even enjoying the problem Junhwe’s current girlfriend was facing. It was amusing at least, for her, seeing a female so mad and at the same time confused. Her thoughts were a mess. ‘’Please deliver it to him as soon as possible.’’ but before she left, she was stopped, landing what she handed her right on her hands as it belonged to her.

 

‘’You should give him that, not me.’’ she sighed ‘’He’s at work.’’ she informed, stepping back just to close the door and think to herself. This didn’t sound right, but he seemed quite weird the past week - he had been acting weird. She sighed, ruffling her hair while she dropped her body on the couch. She should probably let him explain himself but then again...what was there to explain? He was going to be having a kid soon, with someone else. That was what had no possible explanation. Since he was going to have a kid, he’d have to take care of it which meant, there was no place for her.



 

Strangely, that day, Junhwe did go home. He found the envelope by the main box, widening his eyes just to quickly rush inside the house ‘’What’s this?’’ he asked, waving the paper envelope. His girlfriend looked over at him for a second but soon looked away ‘’That’s your son or daughter, can’t you see?’’ she answered him but her voice wasn’t excited, at all.

 

‘’Why are you like this? Aren’t you happy? You wanted a baby, right?’’ he frowned, hearing his girlfriend chuckle - angrily. She shook her head slowly. She wanted to answer him but there was no words coming out as she had no idea of how she should actually face him - was he playing dumb or something?

 

Glaring, her eyes landed on him - he was just confused over the situation. ‘’I thought you’d be happy? I mean, you set the surprise and all...Are you not happy?’’ he continued, bothering her as he tried to get to the bottom of the question. The female, on the other hand, scoffed and turned to face him, still glaring.

 

‘’That’s not my kid.’’ she shouted at him, frowning right after as she didn’t even know if she should be crying. Truth was, the tears were close by. Hearing those words got the male shocked. ‘’Are you pranking me...or something?’’ he asked her, even more confused than he was at the beginning. However, she didn’t seem to be joking.

 

She turned around, holding onto the clothes she was folding as she didn’t want to look at him in that moment. ‘’I knew you were acting strange for the past three months but I never really expected this, you know?’’ she started, putting down the clothes she just folded as she asked herself what she should do about the situation. At some point, she was glad she decided to stay home since she caught him but she never really thought he’d do something like this.

 

While she was thinking what to say, Junhwe tried to pull all the pieces together, gasping when he understood part of what was going on ‘’Are you accusing me of cheating on you?’’ his brain couldn’t exactly process what was going on but he was almost sure that was the point she was trying to make. The second she didn’t confirm or denying what he just said. With this, he scoffed, throwing the letter on the floor ‘’I can’t believe this. After all we’ve been through, you accuse me of cheating?’’ his tone started getting louder and threatening, almost scary enough for her to cover her ears.

 

‘’It’s not my fault you got your ing ex pregnant behind my back.’’ she turned to face him, glaring at him. She was mad at him and he was mad at her. He was hurt over her accusation but his brain would never allow him to calm down in such situation, or even lower his tone and think over it.

 

‘’You know what? you.’’ he shouted, angrily at his girlfriend who didn’t seem pleased with his behaviour. She gasped - so far, over their arguments, he’d just avoid the situation and bang the door if things got too harsh. ‘’Go that little friend of yours you like so much, I don’t want to see you!’’ she shouted back at him - she wasn’t thinking at all. Instead, she started crying, quietly while Junhwe only glared at her.

 

‘’Is that what you want? Is that really what you want?’’ he wasn’t shouting anymore, instead, his tone had turned harsh and quiet. He was hurt with her words and before she could say anything or ever think about it, he had picked up his stuff. The front door was banging and he was nowhere to be seen. She frowned at what just happened but what could she do over it? She didn’t want to doubt him but the letter that girl brought looked like it came from the hospital or whatever which decreased the chances of her lying.



 

It was hard for her to get to work the next day but she couldn’t afford just missing another day. When she got home, she found it in the same state as when she left which meant Junhwe didn’t come home. She was still mad at him yet, she was also feeling guilty. But then again, she didn’t want to say anything else that’d make the situation worse therefore, she just decided to ignore it.

 

After taking a shower, she just laid on her bed, trying her best to fall asleep. She was having problems falling asleep to the point the blankets were over the floor and she was staring at the ceiling from all the turning she had been doing. Maybe she shouldn’t have blamed him the way she did but what if he was indeed cheating on her? Her mind was just too confused and she couldn’t fall asleep therefore, she decided just to quickly look over at the tasks she had to perform the next day. It wouldn’t take that long.

 

She ended up falling asleep by her laptop, groaning when her alarm clock woke her up. She was quick to get dressed and ready for work. Again, she went to work for another day with quite a headache. There was nothing she could do about it anyways.



 

Later, on that day, she found herself at home. Alone again. She sighed quietly. If Junhwe was away for work, things wouldn’t be as messed but he wasn’t away for work. He was away because they fought and over everything that happened, she doubted he was even coming home or back to her. She wasn’t expecting him to forgive her that easily at least.

 

At some point, she was just happy it was near the weekend and decided to call off sick by Friday. Sighing, she just threw herself in the bed and let herself fall asleep, carried away by her thoughts that were scarier than the reality she had to put up with but then again, anything was better than what she was going through in that moment therefore, she just didn’t mind.



 

The next day, by the lunch hour - which was by the time the female woke up - she heard some noise downstairs. She frowned and decided not to go down as she was almost sure it was Junhwe, crossing him was just not something she wanted to do as he didn’t try to reach out for her and she was supposed to be at work, he’d probably be there to pick up his stuff. She sighed and covered her head.

 

‘’You’re going to tell her every ing thing when she gets home, understand?’’ his voice sounded angry and by the way his phrase started, she knew he wasn’t alone there. He brought someone with him and it was indeed Junhwe.

 

The night arrived before she wished it did and at this point, Junhwe noticed it wasn’t usual for her to be so late so he decided to call her. She wasn’t expecting him to call her but he did. She gasped, reaching for her phone to turn it off but she wasn’t fast enough as he heard it ringing, the ringing coming from their room. He walked upstairs to see if she was there or if she forgot her phone at home.

 

He stopped by the door, looking at the female who was laying in bed ‘’Come with me.’’ he told her, not saying anything else. She sighed at his coldness and sat up slowly, deciding to do as he asked her. She didn’t bother getting her hair less messy or anything. Instead, she just walked downstairs.

 

Once she reached the living room, she stopped. The girl from the other day was right there. Judging from Junhwe’s face and the words he spat out by the lunch hour, something was off. The taller girl rolled her eyes, her arms were crossed over her chest as if she had anything she was forced to say, her plans didn’t go according to what she wanted them to.

 

‘’It’s not his, the baby.’’ she coldly said, looking away as Junhwe’s girlfriend frowned to her words. Why would she do such thing? Why would she just lie to them? ‘’Go on, I didn’t hear an apology yet.’’ he barked at her, glaring. She sighed ‘’Well, I’m sorry for lying to you and for all of this.’’ she wasn’t even honest but Junhwe didn’t really care. ‘’Now get off my sight.’’ he pointed to the door, watching her leave. He sighed right after.

 

Now, he was left with his girlfriend who seemed troubled. He looked over at her, rubbing his nape. ‘’I’m sorry.’’ he wasn’t expecting to hear an apology from his girlfriend but those words came from and she was quick to walk towards him.

 

She hugged him tightly, crying on his chest as she felt more guilty now that she knew he didn’t have fault over what happened. She sighed quietly after calming down under his touch; he rubbed her back gently. Of course he wanted to talk to her after but he wanted her to calm down first. That’d be easier.