k.donghyuk -- not this time

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

Winter had the particularity of being cold. Cold outside, the cold that made people want to stay in and cuddle in their beds until the sun decided to turn the heat on, for Spring. That kind of cold most people weren’t fond of and cursed over and over again until their wishes were finally heard and the sun decided to bring in a few warm days just to make them feel less stressed over their lives. Well, that cold had nothing to do with the cold Donghyuk felt everyday. It was even hard for him to describe how the cold he felt around him affected him.

 

The closest he could get to explain how it felt would probably be his breathe being caught in his lungs while his chest carried ice on it. The ice he was unable to break no matter how hard he actually tried to. He’d be hitting his heart and it could break if he tried to push himself further than he already did. He had tried melting it with the fire the female he loved provided every time he was with her but it only made the ice grow. It was like her fire was intentionally cold for him.

 

‘’Where are you going?’’ he asked, watching his girlfriend pack a small bag. She hadn’t been together with him for over a month as she found excuses to keep herself away from him - in times like these, he felt she provided him more cold. Instead of the sun, he stood in the shadow that was blinding over how dark it was. Donghyuk closed his eyes, sighing quietly as he tried to get his thoughts together before she answered him with such confidence in her voice that there was no way he could pull the slightest undone edge to watch her crumble down before him. ‘’I’m visiting my mother.’’ those words left her lips just so easily that he wondered if she was indeed visiting her mother like she said she was or if he was just that easy to fool and leave behind. ‘’Alright, have a good time.’’ he turned her back on her, heading to the room they used to share.

 

He let her leave, not feeling surprise at the lack of words exiting before she left - it has been like that for quite a while. Hearing the door clicking only made the male sigh quietly. Donghyuk, however, simply decided to get himself over the fact he knew his girlfriend was lying to him. His hand reached for his phone just to hit the monitor frustrated with his thumbs, typing in a number. While waiting for the person to pick up, he rested the phone on his ear, hearing the annoying beeping sound whilst wishing it to just stop. ‘’Yun, you up for drinks?’’ he asked quietly as soon as the person on the other line picked up.

 

‘’I’m not bringing you home if you get drunk, again.’’ the guy on the other line sighed heavily. The younger chuckled quietly at the thought of how drunk him felt so relieved. ‘’Dump me somewhere, I just don’t want to be here right now.’’ he confessed, staring at the bed quietly, warning the guy on the other side of the line that it was serious this time. He was growing tired of the chasing game he played with his girlfriend - he knew that the visit to her mother was just an excuse for her to get away from him, he wasn’t however, sure of what she was doing. Many things came to his mind but being the blind person he was, he didn’t want to believe she was cheating on him. She couldn’t, could she?

 

‘’Fine, you’re staying over to-’’ ‘’Don’t need to, I don’t want to interrupt you and Wei. I’m being honest, you can just drop me off wherever if I get too an-’’ ‘’Kim Donghyuk, you’re staying over. That’s final. Plus, Wei is busy working tonight.’’ the elder confessed, chuckling quietly at the thought of his wife. It almost bothered him the fact she reminded him of his fellow friend, Kim Hanbin. Donghyuk also chuckled, like he understood what his friend was actually thinking. ‘’I’ll be there in half an hour, is that okay?’’ Donghyuk asked as the sudden thought of his girlfriend invaded his head. Yunhyeong nodded once, humming out a soft okay to say he didn’t mind those thirty minutes as he also had to go get ready, even if he knew Donghyuk would just want to take a walk, get some drinks and sit down by a bench where he could see the ocean. Then, he’d quietly sip the unhealthy liquid down his throat and eventually start crying over it. Yunhyeong wasn’t sure of how many times he had seen this happening the past months but it was not like he could decide his friend’s life for him. He could only advise him and even so, it was up to Donghyuk.

 

With this, Donghyuk hung up and threw his phone on the bed. After standing there for just a couple minutes, he finally decided to move. If his girlfriend was allowed to escape him, he too, was allowed to escape her. With that in mind, he moved to the wardrobe, picking up a nice outfit as his inner fashionista told him this was no occasion to look less eye catching. It was a phase of his life he had to get over. He picked a simple outfit and even surprised himself with the accessory he decided to wear; his smile that he caught on the reflection of the mirror.





 

The knocks on the door announced Donghyuk’s arrival. Yunhyeong was quick to get to the door and open it, smiling a bit at his fellow friend who, surprisingly, showed a smile back at him. He didn’t expect that. ‘’Let’s have fun tonight.’’ Donghyuk his lips as they were dry over his own words, like he feared his girlfriend would pull the leash he allowed her to wrap around his neck. Yunhyeong chuckled quietly, nodding slowly ‘’Sounds good, a guys night.’’ he hummed, reaching for the keys to push the younger male out - there was no time to waste if they were actually having a night out and forget about whatever problems their lives brought to them.



 

The males soon arrived the supermarket. Donghyuk had no patience to hang around in the club as his head hurt a bit, maybe over at how heavy his thoughts actually were. They were all over the place, confusing him but at the same time drawing a straight pattern that made it less hard to understand. ‘’Sitting by the beach?’’ Yunhyeong answered as they had picked their drinks. Donghyuk snorted, shaking his head slowly ‘’We’re actually going to have fun, tonight.’’ his answer surprised the elder but he didn’t say a thing against it. Instead, he just headed to the cashier to pay the drinks.

 

Soon, both were out. Donghyuk held his hand out, asking for one of the cans that Yunhyeong gladly rest over his hand. He opened it, slurping down the liquid calmly as he looked around, trying to find out what was fun to do. ‘’So, what are your plans?’’ Yunhyeong asked, raising an eyebrow at the male who shrugged his shoulders. ‘’How’s dinner, for you?’’ he asked, eyeing the near restaurant that just looked quite appealing for him. The elder noticed the way the younger looked over at the restaurant and laughed. ‘’Let’s get some dinner’’ he agreed.

 

They walked in without any kind of problem, resting the bag that contained the drinks right on one of the two free chairs as they sat on a table designed to take four people. And it didn’t take long until a waitress stopped by them with the menus, smiling gently at both males who were focused on the menu, trying to choose what to get. After ordering, the female went away. ‘’She was eyeing you’’ Yunhyeong chuckled quietly to the male who shrugged his shoulders slowly. ‘’I’m not interested in women in this moment’’ he calmly informed, looking around the restaurant, finding it quite a welcoming place and at some point, even feeling glad he did decide to come there and have dinner. Food was something he could rely on to keep his stomach from growling like it was having a concert.

 

As they were eating, Donghyuk’s gaze fell on a couple. He scrunched his nose at how the female resembled someone. Once he understood who it actually was, he choked on his food. He thought he was wrong at first but upon seeing the gorgeous smile he fell for, so easily being shown to another male, when he wasn’t able to pull it off her lips. Yunhyeong noticed how his friend’s gaze seemed to be consuming in flames, ready to kill whoever he was looking at. Before Yunhyeong could figure out who he was looking at, Donghyuk got up from his seat and walked towards the table where the couple stood.

 

His eyes watched the way the male stole a gentle peck from his girlfriend’s lips, making him want to throw up the food he ate just a second ago. He waited until he was acknowledged. ‘’I’m surprised to see just how young your mother looks.’’ his quiet voice commented. The female blinked at the familiar voice, gasping as soon as she saw Donghyuk standing there. He smirked softly, looking over at the male who seemed to be avoiding his gaze.

 

‘’Look at me, you ing bastard.’’ he shouted at the male who was probably older than he was - he didn’t care. The male gulped down his saliva - he was quite afraid of the younger male for some reason - before looking up at the male who stood taller than him since he was sitting. Seeing Donghyuk’s eyes glare at him only made him stiffen. ‘’I’ll remember your face.’’ he whispered, sticking out his index finger as if warning him; he didn’t care if everyone was looking at him in that moment, he had things to get done and if he let her play her sly game, he would be the one hurting in the end.

 

Donghyuk then turned his face to look at the female, quietly (and secretly) appreciating the features of the female he loved so much just to have her betraying him like this. He felt like crying but he held it in, glaring at her just so she knew how much he was hurting in that moment - he didn’t want her to think she could rule him but he wanted her to feel guilty over the situation. ‘’Your acting skills are on another level’’ he started, to her, smirking quietly as he thought over his next words. ‘’I hope that kiss is poisoned and I hope you’re swallowing the venom in this right moment, so you can feel at least twice as bad as I felt for the relationship you just ruined.’’ he calmly told her, scoffing.

 

Yunhyeong tried to pull him back but the male looked over at the male sitting. ‘’You should remember my face too, because, someday, I’ll step over you the way you stepped over me. And I always spit down so watch your ing shoes.’’ he commented, shaking his head as he recognized the man to be one of the people he trusted the most. Donghyuk then walked back, wanting to get away from the restaurant and go home or anywhere he could just forget about what just happened. However, he turned back, walking back to the couple.

 

‘’I’ll not let you take the pleasure of breaking me down, not this time.’’ he told her, seriously looking at her before wearing a smirk over his lips and tilting his head slightly to the right as he leaned close to her ‘’We’re over. The leash you wrapped around my neck will be the thing that’ll end you.’’ he whispered to her, straightening himself as he pretended to wipe dust off his coat like she brought some kind of dust on him - in fact, she was a huge weight, for him - ‘’And I won’t be done one pulling it… you will.’’



 

‘’Karma’s a .’’ Donghyuk snorted as he walked back to the table he was previously eating in. He sat down and stared at the couple he just ruined the night of. He didn’t feel guilty. Yunhyeong was, however, lost for words. He was happy that Donghyuk finally opened his eyes and did the right thing but he thought that maybe he had gone a bit too far. Donghyuk calmly ate whatever was resting over the dish the waitress kindly brought for him. He wasn’t hungry but he was pleased with the fact the people he had once (and maybe still) loved so much were now fearing him like he feared them. ‘’Not this time.’’ he whispered under his breathe, simply looking at Yunhyeong who sat down. By now, Donghyuk had calmed down and focused on the male in front of him, rather than the couple a few tables away from him.

 

‘’Dinner’s so tasty tonight.’’