k.hanbin -- ultimatium

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

It was no news to anybody the fact that Hanbin lived obsessed with his work. Life for him had a clear meaning - work, work and more work. It was what made him happy in the end of the day. However, for other people, it could be hard to understand as people tend to call other people who work a lot workaholics or say they overwork. Hanbin called it doing something he loved. There was nothing wrong to point out over this. There were worst addictions and people only really knew to indicate other people’s flaws, laying them flat on the table so everyone could point out their fingers and accuse them of random things since it was easier to admit their mistakes through others.

 

‘’Hanbin, please come home today. I miss you a lot…’’ the voice on the other line sighed quietly as she knew she was lucky that he even picked up the phone. At a day like this, he wouldn’t even be near the phone but maybe because he had been away for a while, he also missed her. ‘’You know I can’t do that, baby. I just got here from a tour and I have so much to do. YG gave us green light for a comeback and there’s so much to do. There’s a choreography to prepare, ly-...Baby?’’ he stopped when the beeping sound invaded his ears. She wasn’t listening to him anymore.

 

Nobody could blame her. Maybe she had enough of all those work related talks. Maybe having him asking if she was okay or even saying he was going home to spend, even just a hour with her would be enough but he didn’t even say those. He was just too busy with work, like usual. Work, work and more work. Like work was the best thing that ever happened to him. Like he couldn’t take a single second off his life to look at his girlfriend and have some time with her. She needed him and he needed her but he didn’t seem to understand that.

 

‘’Be sure to marry work if it is just so important to you. Don’t bother texting back, I know you’re busy.’’ he sighed as soon as he finished reading the text in hands. Why was she being just so unfair when it came to this? He had told her, his work is the dream of his life. He had worked hard to archive his dreams and now that they came true, he couldn’t simply throw them away, could he? No. The answer was no as it now, involved more people than just him. It involved his family, his friends, his bandmates, his fans and even his girlfriend. He didn’t want to let them down. He was representing YG and proving the world he was capable of things people were afraid to fight for; making (his) dreams come true.

 

A small part of him thought of the consequences that text might have caused in his life and by far, he could already picture a huge wave of feelings he didn’t want to fish. Sighing, he stood up and paused his head for a bit. He needed to talk to her while he was still able to make things right or he’d regret it later. Later she could just be too angry at him by the fact he let her go so easily and maybe that later would only get him more frustrated. Thus, he just picked up the coat he brought with him that day and exited the room.

 

‘’Hanb-’’ he knew what Donghyuk was going to ask him but since he was in a rush, he couldn’t answer him straight so he just ignored what the younger said - he couldn’t afford losing time trying to explain other people his life would be a mess if he didn’t get to talk to his girlfriend in that moment.

 

The male was quick to exit the building, even to get a cab but the speech in his mind didn’t seem to be collaborating with his actions. He wanted her happy, genuinely but nothing seemed to be coming out - did he really have to tell her she was right? No, he couldn’t because he cared for her. Work wasn’t the only thing he loved, she was on that list too but sometimes, work seemed to drag him down. He had to make the most out of it when he got inspiration. He couldn’t just leave and wait for his brain to remember everything later. That’s not how it worked. He wished he could be capable of doing something like that. That way, the lyrics would come out as what he originally thought and maybe there wouldn’t be as many arrangements.

 

After paying for the ride, Hanbin thanked the driver and left the taxi. His brain was thinking about the situation, feeling his body all the thrill he could get from the thought of losing her over something like this. He could already hear himself blabbing on his mind about every and anything - perhaps this could collide into a song. But that was not something he could afford thinking in that moment. He was busy trying to get his words together so she would at least let him speak and justify himself and his actions (that in his brain, were already justified with all the talks they had had over work.)

 

‘’Baby, come open the door….please.’’ he asked her, knocking on the door as the bell didn’t seem appealing enough for him. In fact, he knew how much she hated the sound of the bell ringing and she wouldn’t forgive him if he dared to ring it. Instead, he created a pattern to knock on her door - he couldn’t help it, music was everywhere, it was his world and she happened to stumble across it. He was glad she did because at some point, she brought some color into the blank sheets he wrote his lyrics in.

 

‘’Alright, don’t open the door then.’’ he sighed, dropping his hand to his side. He wasn’t planning on walking away ‘’but at least come here and let me talk to you. You don’t need to open the door, just hear me out.’’ he asked, resting his forehead on the door as he closed his eyes, trying to get his thoughts together so he wouldn’t say something that would come off as those cliché movie scenes everybody loved watching and secretly wanted to hear from their loved ones. ‘’I know you think it is too much for me to ask when I say I can’t come home. I know waiting isn’t easy sometimes because I do have problems keeping myself together.’’

 

His girlfriend was right at the other side of the door, wondering if she should or shouldn’t open the door. Even if she wanted to, she still wanted him to go on and perhaps opening the door in that moment would make him lose his words. She didn’t want that, she wanted to hear him out as he only seemed totally honest when there was the possibility of things coming to an end between them. She sighed. There was a long pause in his speech - he wasn’t sure of how to go on but soon, his voice came back to life. ‘’But you should know there’s no way to give in to anything and in this moment, I’m sacrificing my time to make things right to you. Don’t think I don’t want to be with you, that’s not it.’’ he couldn’t use the word work in between his phrases. He felt that, if he did mention it, she would blow up. It was almost like he was cheating on her with work, literally with sheets of paper.

 

‘’Baby, I love you so much that I can’t let you go. I don’t want you to go. I don’t even want to think about living my life without you. You turned out to be more important than I ever thought you’d be.’’ he announced, chuckling quietly as he pulled his forehead away from her door, resting his hands there instead, almost pleading her to open the door with his silence.

 

She was right in not opening the door at first since he’d fall down to her feet if she did. Hearing his words made her want to hug him - maybe she was a bit too childish but she had the right to be as she was missing him, too much for her own good.

 

As soon as Hanbin felt the door move forward, a smile grew in his lips; she was opening the door. He lost no time in taking her in his arms, it was almost like he had read her mind and quickly made up for mistake he almost made. She was quick to relax in his arms - she did understand him and in all honesty, she just wanted him to be with her for a while.

 

‘’I just wanted to be with you…’’ she whispered to him when he managed to close the door. His laugh invaded her ears, breaking the silence that had settled in after she quietly whispered those words to him. ‘’I know, baby. And at some point, I’m glad for your ultimatum’’ he pulled her to her room, sitting by her bed as his arms wrapped around her waist.

 

‘’Just don’t go away for too long anymore.’’ she asked him, sighing as she fell onto his lap, hugging him tightly before stealing a peck from his lips once or twice, making him smile.

 

Her words made him think for a second, maybe there was a way he could adjust his schedule and still be with her. ‘’I promise you, I’ll try harder from now on to be with you.’’ and those were the most honest words he could come up with for a promise - she didn’t ask for any other words anyways, those were enough.

 

‘’I just love you.’’ it did feel good to spend some of his time with her and now that he had her in his arms, he wasn’t leaving the house any time soon. His work could wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow was a fine day for him to work, he needed his brain to rest and some more relaxment for himself ‘’You’re just the best thing that every happened to me.’’