g.junhwe -- my crush

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

The practice had been cut short, iKON had a schedule to attend to and in order to have lunch first, they decided to cut their practice short so they could eat slowly and savor the food they wanted to have. They didn’t have much time to share within themselves even if they were always together - it was hard to be relaxed and have nice conversations when they were always so busy.

 

As the boys headed to the cafeteria, they noticed that they weren’t the only ones heading out, the girls were also busy with their schedule, which almost immediately got the boys all over Junhwe. ‘’Why don’t you invite her to have lunch with us?’’ Bobby wrapped his arm around Junhwe’s shoulders; the younger rolled his eyes as he knew the true intentions of the elder when he popped up that question. ‘’So you can’t keep your mouths shut? No thanks.’’ he mumbled, looking away so he wouldn’t risk the girl seeing him looking at her.

 

They kept walking but since Junhwe didn’t make a move, her group had pushed her to meet him. He was surprised to see the female he liked right in front of him. She shared a gentle smile and his group, playing the role of the cool friends, left him with her and headed to the cafeteria. ‘’Don’t have too much fun, kids.’’ Jiwon shouted as they disappeared, earning glares from the girl and from Junhwe who was left in an awkward position.

 

‘’Don’t mind him…’’ he mumbled, rubbing his nape as the girl nodded slowly, laughing at how his group seemed so relaxed about this situation; it almost made her curious about what was going on in his brain, was it something she should know? She wasn’t sure but she wouldn’t mind having a super power just to read off his thoughts in that moment. ‘’Let’s get going?’’ he asked her after a couple minutes in silence - he liked her but he didn’t know how to act around her; he was afraid he’d say something that’d make him look uncool and stop her from wanting to see him - he worried too much.

 

The female nodded and he used his both arms to indicate her to take the lead as they headed to the place his and her band mates were probably having lunch without them. Once they arrived, they were greeted with the sight of both their groups eating, calmly like there was no schedule to attend, like they had no fault over the awkwardness both these two people were left in - they were the ones to blame anyways. Junhwe wanted to sell out that cool facade he seemed to lose in front of her every time and the girl he liked, limited herself to stop looking like she didn’t understand a thing.

 

‘’You’re all in trouble.’’ Junhwe whispered as he sat down by his friends, referring to Bobby, especifically as he was the one who lead the group out without letting him give out his opinion about the bad idea he had. Bobby shrugged his shoulders and reached for the meat, eating some and sighing out just to let him know how nice it was.

 

If only Bobby was the only one who had decided to put up with that silly way of getting Junhwe into trouble and jealous… Donghyuk’s eyes landed on the female’s hands as she reached for some meat; she also had to eat but a sudden line came to Donghyuk’s mind. He gasped and reached for her hand as if they were longtime friends - in fact, it was easier to talk to Donghyuk than it ever was to Junhwe; she couldn’t get herself to talk to Junhwe so easily like she did to Donghyuk as the second was way kinder than the first was, she felt comfortable around him.

 

The female stopped what she was doing and blinked, looking at Donghyuk as she wondered what her hand had so new about - was it something bad? The male noticed she was frowning and quickly covered up, starting by chuckling ‘’I didn’t know you got a new ring.’’ he commented, hearing the female sigh quietly, out of relief. ‘’My oppa offered it to me.’’ she answered, smiling and earning Junhwe’s attention - did she have a boyfriend already? Was that why she was so quiet when she was by his side? Because she understood he had a thing for her?

 

‘’Really? I think it fits you.’’ Donghyuk concluded, still holding onto her hand as the female nodded slowly, smiling nicely to the male. Junhwe rolled his eyes at how low Donghyuk was striking, especially if she had a boyfriend. ‘’Are you guys going anywhere?’’ he continued, making Junhwe envy him for how easy it was for him to come up with a random conversation with the female. She nodded firmly but it was her groupmates who answered now; she pulled her hand away and started eating again.

 
 
 

‘’Did you really have to take her hand the way you did?’’ Junhwe scoffed to Donghyuk as they walked towards the van. ‘’She’s taken.’’ he continued, rolling his eyes - little did he know they weren’t alone. ‘’By whom?’’ the male blinked as he asked the younger who shrugged his shoulders, not knowing how to answer to that as he had no idea who the boyfriend of his crush actually was.

 

The girls that followed them were shocked to hear it; was Junhwe claiming her for himself? Donghyuk stopped and gave him a look. Junhwe sighed quietly ‘’You should make a move.’’ Bobby suddenly joined in, wrapping his arm around Junhwe’s shoulders again. The younger scoffed. ‘’Yeah, she’s...not ta-’’ Donghyuk suddenly noticed that the girls had been following them, to the outside since they also had to get to the vans. ‘’Bobby, I’m not feeling well-’’ the male commented, pulling Bobby along with him to the outside. Junhwe rolled his eyes and shook his head as they obviously ran away from him.

 

Just then, he felt someone hit his back; he turned around and noticed that it was his crush who stood behind him; she tripped and her face hit his back. ‘’Are you alright?’’ he asked her, worried as her group ran away; he didn’t quite understand the reason why but he forgot about that and focused on the female in his arms. She nodded slowly even if she didn’t hear what he said properly. She was focusing on the conversation the male had with Bobby and Donghyuk a few moments ago.

 

‘’Are you sure you’re okay?’’ he sighed as the female looked down; how could she say she was okay when her crush was standing so close to her and basically claimed her as his in front of his friends? She nodded frantically. ‘’I’ll take you to the van.’’ he offered and she didn’t turn it down. He lead her to the van, helping her in before rushing to his own and during all the ride he was teased by s who were way too entertained with the fact he was a blushing mess over everything they said. He didn’t find it funny, the slightest.

 

His phone beeped as the car was driven to the place their schedule had took them to. His eyes widened as he wondered how the female had his number; his lips curved into a soft smile before realization hit him ‘’I’m single, by the way.’’ he whispered; she did hear what he said - his face burnt as he noticed the female heard everything he said and probably, now she already knew he liked her.

 

Biting his lip, he decided to try his luck - she wouldn’t come clear to him like that if he didn’t mean a thing to her, would she? He took a deep breath and typed in ‘’How about we change that.’’ Junhwe wasn’t like that usually; thankfully he wasn’t looking at her in the eye in that moment, the phone his nervousness to break down to her.

 

s had peeked over his phone and some were already laughing, some were clapping; the group was divided. And before they could come up with phrases to with, the answer arrived. ‘’I’m free this Sunday.’’

 

‘’Did Junhwe really get a date before Bobby?’’ Chanwoo laughed out loud as he pointed at Bobby who gasped.