j.chanwoo -- christmas present

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

A long breath left the male’s lips; he was nervous, very nervous. His hands held onto a box he had been dying to open and reveal to his girlfriend. He wasn’t sure how many times he had pictured the situation differently and changed his thoughts, ending up concluding it was better just to go with the flow.

 

‘’Just relax, everything will go well…’’ one of his girlfriend’s best friend told the male who smiled gently at her, thanking her with this simple and small gesture as she was the one who helped him pull off everything. ‘’So, don’t forget to excuse yourself when we start opening the presents and leave it to us, right after!’’ the female squealed, going near to the taller male who chuckled at how excited the female was, she was happier than probably his girlfriend and him would be right after his present.

 

Chanwoo sighed out quietly, exhaling any other form of nervousness that still waved through his body. His girlfriend’s best friend fixed his collar, chuckling at how messy it looked - he must have been way to nervous to even notice something like this, even if his girlfriend was the one who always made time to fix his clothes whenever they were together and he wouldn’t exactly wear a buttoned white shirt everyday. ‘’It’ll go just fine, don’t worry.’’ the female told him, pulling back after she was done with her task.

 
 

The night had came before the male could wish for it. He bit his lip, holding back a smile as he noticed his girlfriend was sitting by the couch, she offered herself to get Chanwoo’s parents for the family dinner and her own as they had decided to get together that year. His girlfriend was having a nice conversation with his parents, chuckling as if they were friends for years when they knew each other for less than half a decade.

 

He was the happiest to notice that his family got along with the person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with, it made him feel more secure of his present for her. He slowly walked up to her, sitting by her side just to wrap his arm around her waist; she was quick to rest her head over her shoulder as she could recognize his touch just this easily.

 

‘’Having fun?’’ he asked, peeking over at his girlfriend, then, at his parents and smiling gently at them. His parents nodded their heads and replied to his smile with their genuine ones. His girlfriend nodded too, chuckling quietly at her boyfriend. She lift her head from his shoulder and landed a soft peck over his gentle lips, smiling at the sight of his smile - he wasn’t even embarrassed to show his affection towards his girlfriend in front of their parents anymore.

 

‘’This is our first Christmas together!’’ she excitedly commented, talking about her and his parents as they had managed to spend the previous Christmas alone because he had stuff to do, which meant he had to leave and they’d want to have some time for themselves. She got to meet her family after as he dropped her off and left for his schedules, even if it seemed way too unfair for everyone. He had to work anyways.

 

Her excitement got the male smiling even more, like there was nobody else around, just like his plans were, to his present. Her friends came inside the living room, appreciating the tree they had decorated previously; it looked gorgeous with all the sparkles hugging the cold away from the green branches or the lights that seemed so happy, announcing out how warm Christmas was despite the cold outside wanted to make evident.

 

People sat around the tree like they usually did when they were kids while the eldest laughed at the scene. Chanwoo’s girlfriend chuckled at the way her best friends had actually mixed into the kids that were present in the room, fighting for who’d be the first to open a present since the presents were laid right down the tree; the branches poorly covered the bright paper colors that reminded people of Christmas so much. They didn’t seem to be able to hold until it was time to open the presents.

 

Chanwoo on the other hand, was focused on the way his girlfriend smiled widely at her friend’s behaviour, compared to the children in the room. He leaned back on the couch, watching as his girlfriend get up and run towards her best friend’s, sitting on one of the girl’s laps just to push herself down and land on her other best friend’s lap, acting like a kid before the kids decided to join in and throw themselves on her. Loud giggles were heard on the room.

 

The female’s father also smiled at the sight, until he noticed Chanwoo was smiling like a fool, watching his girlfriend with so much admiration that he was no longer doubting how much he loved his daughter. He shared this with his wife, hearing her chuckle at the way the male looked at their daughter.

 
 

Chanwoo’s phone suddenly rang; he blinked, reading the message - it was time. ‘’Excuse me.’’ he asked, smiling to the people on the living room. ‘’Where are you going, is everything okay?’’ his girlfriend asked, seeing him heading out of the room. He froze for a second, laughing nervously before telling her a small, minor lie ‘’I’m going to use the bathroom.’’ he pointed to the way the bathroom was; his girlfriend nodded firmly. ‘’Please don’t take long! We’re going to open the presents soon.’’ she , threatening to open them without him. Little did she know she was going to be surprised just in a few minutes.

 
 

‘’Chanwoo didn’t come back yet?’’ she frowned, sighing as she looked around the room, wanting to confirm her thoughts. Her best friends chuckled and handed her a letter. She raised an eyebrow at how suspicious their actions actually were. She reached for the letter and opened it, unfolding the small white paper that was inside, to read the words off it.

 

She slowly got up, frowning at how the paper had indications for her to follow. She headed to her jacket that was hanging by the door, handing her friends the letter, asking them to keep it with them as she recognized her boyfriend’s handwriting.

 

She took her jacket, putting it on like the letter said. She zipped it and stuffed her hands on her pockets, blinking at the sensation of something inside her pocket. She took it out, smiling as she noticed it was another letter - she was excited for this and now, she knew her boyfriend was up to something, she wasn’t sure what it was but she was liking it so far. Her hands treated the letter the same way she treated the other, carefully reading the words off, almost memorizing them as if they were pure poetry even if they only asked her to put on her boots and head outside, in a caring way with a few sweet nothings in between - Chanwoo had written them, for sure.

 

‘’Where are you going?’’ her father asked. The female shrugged her shoulders and held out the letter for her best friends who chuckled as they took it. ‘’Chanwoo’s surprise, I guess…’’ she said, opening the door and leaving. The room ran to the window as her best friends didn’t allow them to go out, to give the couple some privacy.

 

Slowly, the female took a few steps, looking around just to notice a trail of Chanwoo’s footprints, probably, laying on the floor. She followed them, trying to understand where all of it was getting but she kept her curiosity in, grinning as she saw her boyfriend standing outside, on the cold, waiting for her.

 

‘’Why are you outside here, in the cold, hmm?’’ she asked, approaching him as she chuckled, noticing his jacket was just messy. She quickly fixed it, like she usually did, smiling at how he didn’t change. The male smiled. ‘’Thought we could use little privacy.’’ he commented, blinking at how red the female’s nose looked. ‘’Are you cold, baby?’’ he asked her, worried but she shook her head slowly. ‘’Do you want to go in?’’ she asked, tilting her head slowly.

 

Chanwoo shook his head slowly. She looked at him, confused; why would he want to say on the cold like that? It made no sense but she was in for it. She asked him no questions and simply leaned on him, hugging his torso happily even if she struggled to hug him because their jackets were way too thick.

 

‘’I actually have something to ask you…’’ the male whispered to her, forcing the warm air off his lungs to the outside where the smoke gave away the fact he was speaking, to the people that were inside - they knew where stuff was ing towards but they couldn’t help on watching everything; they were glued to the windows, feeling quite irritated that they couldn’t listen to what was being said.

 

The female pulled away, raising an eyebrow as she looked up at her boyfriend. He was acting strange. ‘’What is it? Is it...bad?’’ she asked him, waiting for his answer but he only chuckled at the face she made. She looked way too worried for something that he should be nervous for. He shook his head slowly ‘’But it’s something important.’’ he spoiled.

 

Before the female could ask for more tips, the male made up his mind and dropped his height down to one knee. The female looked at him worriedly ‘’Get up, are you okay?’’ she wondered if he fell down but as soon as she noticed he was holding onto a rectangular shaped box, things started making sense, especially when a ring gave it away. She looked at her boyfriend.

 

He smiled at her, knowing she knew what followed next. ‘’I was wondering if you’d allow me to have you for the rest of my life.’’ he started, chuckling at how cheesy his starters sounded. The female smiled, looking down, embarrassed - he didn’t pop the question but she could already expect a lot from it. Her heart was beating like crazy when she thought it wouldn’t be that much of a deal when and if this got to happen but now that was she living in that moment, she could swear she didn’t know how to act.

‘’Will you marry me?’’ the question woke her up from her small daydream; she peeked at her boyfriend, blushing (her face felt hot even if the cold was hiting her face). She nodded her head slowly to him, not finding her words for some reason. His worries were replaced with a huge smile and since they were outside, wearing gloves, he didn’t make her wear the ring. He got up and pulled her into a tight hug, spinning around with her in his arms - inside the house, everyone cheered at what just happened since the male gave away the female’s answer right in that second he picked her up.

 

The crowd went towards the living room, knowing that the couple could use a little privacy for a few seconds. A soon as the male pulled the female down, he looked into her eyes, grinning like an idiot. The female chuckled quietly ‘’They’ve been watching us the whole time, you could have done it inside.’’ she whispered to him but he didn’t mind. He shrugged, joining their foreheads. ‘’I don’t mind it if they watch it, they helped me after all.’’ he answered, laughing just to press his lips to hers.

 
 

Once the couple went inside, the living room had their eyes on them. Chanwoo held the female’s hand, finally pulling the ring on the female’s finger. She smiled at him, intertwining their fingers. He pulled her towards the living room as everyone still kept their eyes on them. To break the ice, the female looked up at her boyfriend, asking him to announce what just happened - even if everyone knew about it.

 

‘’We’re engaged.’’ and the room went wild; the kids looked quite lost in the middle of it they joined the party while Chanwoo and his, now, soon to be wife, stood there, laughing at how they reacted to the news. Family was just unpredictable.