김 hanbin • 31 ¦ requested

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

Genres: angst
Pairing: hanbin x somin (reader)
Request: yes [scenario]
Via: tumblr
Small resume of the request: Hanbin gets closer to his girlfriend's best friend and ends up ignoring her during dinner since her best friend was there.
Inspired by: Day6 - congradulations
Lenght: 2654 words  

• ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° •    

''The most important thing for me is having my boyfriend and my best friend getting along!'' Somin told Hyeri, her best friend who smiled softly at her and eventually noded her head at how she found her ideals to be something too strong to go against - truth was, Hyeri already knew her boyfriend and they didn't quite start off in the right terms. Hyeri always found Hanbin to be an annoying guy who got everythng he wanted, including her best friend that  seemed blinded by love. ''I guess I should talk to him one of these days then.'' Somin nodded her head, grinning happily as she got up from the chair she was sitting in - she came up with an idea and little did she know that that simple idea was about to change drastically her life. 

''Alright, I'll get Hanbin to have dinner with us today so we can have some time together, what do you think?'' Hyeri's brain hated the idea but it was not like she could scream out what she was thinking therefore, the female smiled slightly and nodded her head, like she was agreeing to her best friend's idea - this was going to go so bad... But Hyeri would make an effort to control herself and to give her best friend's boyfriend a chance. ''Alright, what are you going to wear?'' Somin asked, getting up and pulling the female to her room rather quickly to see if there was anything Hyeri would like to use from her clothes. 

The girls soon found two nice dresses that did go well with each other - clothes were already decided; they just needed to get her boyfriend home and announce the news. Both females decided to go to the living room, to wait for the male who arrived just a few minutes later. Somin was the first to stand up and run to the door, smiling rather widely as her best friend stood still, holding onto all the hate she had devoloped for Hanbin. Somin threw her arms around her boyfriend's neck and grinned widely, giving Hanbin enough leads to understand something was up. She pecked his lips and pulled back to look at him ''Let's have dinner today.'' she commented, nodding her head just to see her boyfriend hating the idea, even rolling his eyes as if refusing what she just proposed to him.

''Are you too tired? We can go some other day...'' Somin nodded and let go of him ''I'll just change back to normal clothes.'' the female laughed but anyone could understand she wasn't happy by his refusal, much less because her best friend was there and she was going to hear from her who still didn't understand why Somin was still dating Hanbin. Somin walked towards the room to change clothes and Hyeri took the chance to talk to Hanbin.

''Shouldn't you think a bit about Somin?'' the female asked, feeling more than pissed at the way he suddenly started acting - she was her best friend and she was going to stand up for her if Somin wasn't going to stand up for herself. The male only rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms over his chest - there was no reason for the female to act like this towards him or at least that was what he thought. ''Firstly you're going to stop rolling your eyes because you should respect me and right after, you're going to say sorry to your girlfriend. She deserves some attention.'' the female continued, making the male scoff. Somin came out after a few more minutes, having a slight smile over her lips as she was no longer using the dress that matched her best firend's. Hanbin sighed and looked over at his girlfriend, deciding he should actually spend some time with her. ''Alright, let's have dinner together.''

Somin blinked ''Are you sure? We can have it any other day, I don't mind.'' she commented, nodding her head but she was unable to hide a wide smile that let Hanbin know just how happy she was for his decision. He nodded his head firmly and told her to go chance - they still had to get to the restaurant and she still had to get dressed...again.

The female grinned, jumping into her boyfriend's arms just to hug him tightly to let him know just how happy she actually was. She realeased soft giggles as she ran inside the room, to change again. Once she was nowhere near the living room, the male turned to her best friend and glared; he parted his lips to speak but the female was quicker than he was. ''I'm letting you know, hurt my best friend and I'll kick the out of you. You better don't screw up tonight.'' she warned, pointing her index finger at him, making him raise his eyebrow as if telling her 'okay'.

''So, how long do you actually know my girlfriend?'' he asked, leaning on the wall as he tried his best to get rid of his tiredness by staring at the female curiously. The female shrugged her shoulders ''Pretty much since she was a little stubborn human being.'' she answered, causing Hanbin to laugh at the way she answered him. He nodded once. ''I see.'' ''Hanbin...'' Hyeri called, gaining the male's full attention ''Let's try getting along...for Somin.'' she proposed. Hanbin thought for a while. He held out his hand, nodding his head; he agreed with her - for his girlfriend's sake, he'd get along with her best friend. ''For Somin.'' he claimed. ''For Somin.'' she repeated, taking his hand and quickly shaking it.

The second Somin came out, Hanbin and Hyeri were talking, as if they actually were friends. There was no heavy environment, there was no shouting nor what so ever. They were getting along. ''Let's go?'' the female asked, happily as she walked up to her boyfriend and her best friend. Both took a look at the female, nodding her heads as a soft smile spread through their lips.

All the way to the restaurant, her best friend and her boyfriend kept talking, back and forth about things that she didn't quite catch as she found some out of her area of interests but she didn't bother to say a thing; a soft smile crawled up to her lips as she noticed they were making an effort to get along and that was alright for her - she was happy. Her head rest over Hanbin's shoulder all throughout their slow walk towards the restaurant as the night was nice enough to pull up a beatiful moon and brilliant stars that begged to be watched by the crowd.

Her boyfriend even held her gently but his attention wasn't on her - her best friend took the spotlight; however, Somin didn't really care about it. Hyeri was her best friend after all. ''You look nice tonight, wasn't that the dress I gave Somin though?'' Hyeri laughed, looking down at her clothes and nodded her head ''We wear the same size, actually. Our dresses are matching.'' the male nodded his head firmly, not bothering to take a look at the female he was dating since her best friend said their dresses matched - he didn't really need to check it.

And just like that, the night went on. That served as a warning Somin didn't take since she didn't find it necessary to pay attention to such small detail. But she should have because the next thing she knew was that she was the third wheel. Hanbin was too busy talking to Hyeri to even notice Somin was poking her food with the fork. When she asked to have her boyfriend and best friend getting along, she never really meant to have them talking to each other and ignoring her - that was just not what she meant.

The female forced herself to watch the scene right before her eyes, she felt ignored and perhaps a bit too left out since her boyfriend suddenly was no longer even noticing her presence. ''You have something on your lips.'' Hanbin commented, laughing as he held out a napkin for the female who quickly wiped it away and laughed it off. Somin stared at them, rolling her eyes as she felt bad with herself for feeding false hopes onto her brain - it was obvious he wasn't going to even talk to her that night as he was too busy with someone else, as always.

''Hanbin, I-'' he didn't give her the chance to finish her phrase; the male glared at his girlfriend's way and started ''What do you want now?'' Somin stared at him, surprised at his sudden outburst ''I just wanted...a bit of attention I guess?'' the female tried to joke it out but her boyfriend rolled his eyes ''I'm trying to do this for you but you're being so annoying. You wanted me to get along with your best friend but all you've done since the start of the night is bothering me, for god's sake. You'll make the alphabet run out of letters if you keep calling my name!'' both females were taken aback by the sudden outburst of the male who seemed pissed at his girlfriend's request. She frowned and nodded her head slightly ''Alright then. Just so you know, you could have said no to the dinner, it would be easier.'' she said calmly, getting up from the chair she was sitting in. ''Enjoy your dinner.'' the female said harshly towards the male; she couldn't actually balme her best friend but at the same time, she wished she could put the blame of everything on her and her boyfriend because it was the best option she had in her brain.

''For me? For me my .'' Somin shouted as soon as she arrived her house; she threw the bag she took with her on the couch and headed to the room, taking a second to look at the mirror. She scoffed; did all the effort she put in her apparence help the slightest with her boyfriend? Not really and if he couldn't appreciate it, too bad for him. Somin let her hair free from the prision she put it in, smiling widely at how it had become curly, it looked so nice - way too nice to waste it.

Somin opened the door to exit the building, blining at the sight of Hanbin. He didn't exactly look fine but she  couldn't care the slightest. ''Where are you going?'' he asked her, just to be ignored as the female walked past him. The male groaned and shook his head, following his girlfriend as he shouted her name but she didn't turn back, much less did she stop. She didn't seem to care... was this how she felt when he didn't have time to spend with her or when he left her behind, or even when he shouted at her on the restaurant, embarrassing her in front of people she didn't really know? Because it felt really bad and he didn't like the tasste of this.

The male had decided to stay at home, if he did go after her like this, he'd end up regretting it since he'd probably say something he shouldn't. However, by every second that passed, he was getting more desperate; Somin wasn't home yet and he was getting worried  not because he was old fashioned, much less did he think his girlfriend wasn't capable of taking care of herself - but they had argued and he didn't like the fact he didn't quite know what was going on with her in that moment. He had tried calling her phone but she left it at home, almost leading him to think she was doing this on propose.

Hanbin shook his head; another hour had passed and she wasn't at home - he didn't like this the slightest. Without wasting another second thinking, the male got up and picked up the keys; he was going to look for his girlfriend and that was final. 

Just when he was about to open the door, he felt it hit his forehead harshly - and his nose. Somin was home. In between groans, the male tried to understand if the female was alright and so far, she did look alright, which was a relief to him. ''Where have you been?'' he asked her, rubbing his nose still but the female ignored his question and got herself to take care of her boyfriend who started bleeding. ''Don't fall asleep.'' she asked, leading him to the couch as she knew his head had hit the door pretty strongly. He rolled his eyes ''How can I possibly fall asleep? Where the hell were you?'' ''Out.'' Hanbin scoffed at her answer.

''No sherlock. Really? Were you out? I couldn't understand that!'' Somin stopped and stared at him, not bothering to share a single word with him. ''Sorry baby...I was just so worried about you...'' he ended up giving in as he sighed, not liking how the situation had turned out.

''I didn't want to argue with you...So I decided to go for a walk.'' she honestly answered him, looking down at her hands ''And I understand if you have a lot of work and you can't put up with me anymore, that's fine too, I guess.'' but this didn't sound alright to the male's ears. It was like a penalty, it hurt him he was tired, for sure but was it enough reason to talk to her the way he did? No, it wasn't and he was aware of that.''Let's break up.'' however, the female was faster than the male; she expelled the words he didn't want to hear before he got the chance to even open his lips. He was shocked. ''Are you serious right now?'' he asked her, frowning at the way things had rolled out. She nodded her head ''I don't want to pressure you more than you are right now so it's best if you do your thing and I do my thing. You'll have no more distractions and no more problems, at least from my side and that's comforting enough.'' were the female's last words before she got up and walked towards the room.

Hanbin only looked at the way the female walked, regretting not being someone else. He got up from the place he was sitting and made his way to the room, quietly as if wanting to take in all the pain she felt. Hanbin sighed after a few seconds. He walked up to her, hugging her tightly in his embrace. He didn't want her to leave, much less to let him face alone all the problems he had as he knew that in the end of the day, all he was seeking was for her comfort that was the best he could get, the only thing that brought him the daily amout of necessary energy. 

''I don't want to paint the picture alone. I know this isn't just one of my illusions. Please reconcider.'' his arms tightened around her waist a bit more as he spoke, leading the female to give in just a bit more. ''There's so much more to tell than this, please.'' if she left, it would be like ripping the pages of an old and used nootebook. Somin sighed quietly at how the voice of the male sounded; before she could stop herself and tell her brain to forget the idea, she was facing her boyfriend, hugging him tightly as his neck served as the perfect hidding spot. ''W-'' ''Shut up, don't ruin the moment.'' her quiet voice finally told him, earning a soft smile from the male who nodded his head and hugged Somin thightly.

 

A.N.: Thank you so much for requesting and feel free to request again anytime. I hope this is what you wanted and don't worry, your english is fine!