k.jiwon -- the end

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

Genres: drama 
Pairing: jiwon x sera (reader)
Request: yes [scenario]
Via: asianfanfics
Small resume of the request: Sera is diagnosed with AML and ikon were her childhood friends that drifted away from her during the senior year.
Inspired by: the end - groove coverage
Lenght: 2426 words

• ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° •  

''And I'm afraid our fears are confirmed. You do indeed suffer from acute myeloid leukemia. The thing is, this is very rare and usually is found in adults.'' the doctor started explaining the female who stood there, speechless right in front of him. A broken smile could be read off her lips as she nodded her head; she could blame everyone if she wanted to but she knew nobody was there to take the blame since nobody had fault over this. The thought of being able to fight against it was just not something she wanted to take an option on in that moment. She needed to think to herself for a while. She needed some time to understand if she was ready to go through all of it.

As the female exited the hospital, she made her way to her favorite restaurant, reminding herself of how this was going to change her life - and if people got to know, that would be ever worst. Quietly, she ordered food even if she wasn't hungry. All she wanted was to get rid of that stupid disease. But all that was going inside her brain should not make it to the outside. She knew she was strong and she didn't want anyone to pity her. That anyone she thought about were the friends she once had. They were always together, up until recently since when things went bad, it would get worst.

Sera stared at the sky as she walked. The sky seemed to understand what was going on with her and with that, the rain started pouring down on her as if telling her it was by her side. The sun hid and the sky cried the tears she wanted to keep in. However, she wasn't able to. She found herself sobbing quietly as she walked, now looking foward in order to see where she was going. Not that it actually mattered for her. It didn't take long until she stopped walking. She was tired and home didn't seem like home anymore. Actually, nowhere seemed a good place for her to be and she ended up in front of Hanbin's house. Sora took a step back and bumped into a wall, noticing his room had the lights on. By the place she stood, she could see Hanbin, together with Jiwon and the others, sitting on Hanbin's bed, laughing at something. She looked down and smiled slightly at the thought. ''Of course they don't need you, idiot.'' she whispered to herself just to walk away.

Next day, Sera arrived the school earlier than usual. She went to the library, wanting to write down a letter for her friends just to notice she didn't have them anymore. For some odd reason, they had walked away from her. She rest her head over the desk, knowing hse had to control her emotions when she was at school. After all of this, she decided not to take the treatment. She wouldn't want to drag this any longer, especially to be living like this. She'd rather die. Sera got up from her seat and walked out quietly, finding the library a bit too noisy. There was so many people around. As she walked, she heard a soft hello called out. She wondered if it was for her, lifting her head just to see one of the guys she had once been close to displaying a huge smile to her but she had no courage to reply back. She lowered her head once again and kept walking, leaving the male wondering what was going on since she'd usually reply with at least a slight smile. This time she didn't even bother to look at him for more than five seconds.

''Hey guys, I just passed by Sera.'' Jiwon said as he entered the music room, sitting down. ''And?'' Hanbin asked, leaning on the wall as he raised an eyebrow ''She seemed down.'' he commented, humming quietly as he sat down by Donghyuk that was looking at the piano, wondering if he should play it or not. Yunhyeong looked over at Jiwon and rubbed his nape ''I saw her yesterday too...when we were on Hanbin's house. She was outside, when it was raining really hard.'' he commented, having Jiwon's attention. ''Do you guys think something is going on with her?'' Jiwon asked, suddenly feeling worried about her. Junhwe shrugged his shoulders ''Girls problems probably.'' and that was how the conversation died. Jiwon, however, knew something was wrong by the way he acted and even though they weren't close anymore, he couldn't help but feel worried about her.

''Okay class, we're going to play basketball today.'' the teacher called out earning a loud cheering from the guys and even some girls who did enjoy playing basket as some others sighed - they had to put up with it. Sera sat on the bench - she told the teacher she wasn't feel well and she wouldn't be able to join the class. Her eyes landed on Jiwon's group. Who knows, this could be the last time she would ever see them playing basket. The doctor had asked her to go to the hospital once again, so they could talk and take some more exams. She was going and she was going to communicate her decision of not doing the treatment as well. At that point, it didn't exactly matter.

Just when she was focusing on her own thoughts, she heard her name being called loudly by someone and she looked around just to find a basketball coming her way. Jiwon ran to get the ball but he wasn't fast enough. It hit her. Hard. And the next thing she knew was darkness. That seemed strangely comfortable. ''Sera.'' Jiwon shouted, shaking her body but she didn't answer him. ''Yah, Park Sera.'' he kept shaking her but there was no answer. Panicking, he picked her up. Everyone else simply stared at him who ran out of the gym without asking for permission.

''You better wake up.'' he mumbled, knowing there was no use to take her to the school enfermary. Either way, he took her there and laid her down on the bed, calling 911. Jiwon sat by her side, staring at her quietly as she seemed to sleep peacefully. His hand gently caressed her forehead, pushing away some hair off it. He didn't know why he had grown so distant of her. Probably because he got busy with his group that started having different interests than Sera did. 

The sirens were heard, making the male wake up to reality. When they took her away, he asked to join her and they let him, much to his relief. He held her hand all the way to the hospital but when they arrived, he was pushed into the waiting room. Half our later, the doctor came out, looking around before clearing his throat ''Anyone here for Park Sora?'' he asked, having Jiwon standing up quickly. The doctor came to meet him ''Are you related to her?'' ''I'm her boyfriend.'' he quickly excused since he wanted to know what was going on. ''Very well then. Miss Park is alright, there's no need to worry.'' Jiwon sighed in relief. ''However'' and that word made Jiwon look at the doctor worried. He wanted him to go on. ''She cannot leave the hospital.'' he calmly continued, making Jiwon frown. ''She is diagnosed with aml.'' the younger male froze for a second. He had no idea of what it was but by the way the doctor said it, it looked bad. ''If she doesn't start the treatment right away, she has less than two months.'' and those last words crashed Jiwon's world right before him.

He has been a bad friend for not even looking out for her, letting her be alone and live with this. He has done wrong since the beggining and now, he found out she had a disease. He rubbed his nape as his brain kept thinking of everything that was going on. It was too much for him to take in. He looked at the doctor ''What are the probabilities of her making it...after the treatment?'' ''Very low, sir. This cancer is very rare.'' Jiwon nodded his head slowly ''Thank you.'' he mumbled quietly. ''You can visit her when she's awake. I'll ask the nurse to call you when she wakes up.'' again, Jiwon thanked the doctor and went to sit down. He stared blankly at the floor as the thought of not having Sera around destroyed all the goals he had been setting for himself. He felt bad for her.

Once Sera was awake, Jiwon was called and the second he entered the room, Sera frowned. She looked away and bit her tongue to stop herself from talking. She didn't want to see anyone in that moment, much less him. He sighed and walked up to her, reaching his shaking hand for her. He took her hand in his and gripped it tightly ''I know you'll make through it.'' he whispered to her, finally allowing the tears he had been holding onto to roll down his cheeks. Sera kept her eyes somewhere else. Anywhere but where he was. ''I don't know what you're talking about.'' she mumbled softly. He understood her. He knew she didn't want to look weak in front of him but wanted to have a serious conversation with her. 

''I will be by your side.'' he tried again just to have her removing her hand from his. By now, she was aware he knew about her problem and that made her mad. She slowly sat up and finally faced him ''I don't need you by my side.'' ''I will still be there, through the treatment.'' he insisted  but Sera looked down at her hands. ''I'm not getting the treatment.'' she told him, shaking her head slowly. He widened his eyes at her decision. ''Why not?'' 

Sera wanted to answer him but at the same time, she didn't. ''I don't belong here Jiwon. This is a sign and I do believe that if you didn't know about this, you wouldn't even be looking for me. Accept it. There's nothing you can do.'' she told him, shrugging her shoulders slowly as she got off the bed, taking off all the things she had in her arms. ''Hey hey, you can't do that!'' he tried to stop her, getting up and even grabbing her arm but she only pushed him away. 

''The doctor said you only have two months to live.'' he informed her, hoping this would be enough to get her to rethink about the treatment. Sera stopped her tracks and smiled at the news. ''I'll be counting down.'' she told him, sniffing quietly before she escaped the hospital, leaving Jiwon looking at the door quietly. He walked out, to his house as he didn't feel like meeting his friends.

A week has passed since the things that happened on the hospital. Sera didn't come to school and this was getting Jiwon more and more worried. He couldn't stop thinking about her and it was certainly not because he pitied her. He knew he was worried for her. He had feelings for her, feelings he ignored to chase his dreams. However, his dreams didn't look as important now. He did regret taking that decision. But at least, Jiwon finally made his mind up. ''Jiwon, where are you going?'' Hanbin asked to recieve no answer. He walked out of the school building, making his way to the female's house. He wouldn't leave her alone through this. 

He rang the bell until she came open the door, finding out she has been on the couch by the bags under her eyes. She didn't sleep. She wasn't able to. When she was about to close the door on his face, the male pushed it open and glared at her ''You're going to hear me.'' he told her, watching how she sighed heavily. ''You're going to take the treatment. You'll be alright and I will be with you.'' he continued, watching how she started crying, angrily. 

''What if I don't want to?'' she whispered to him as she looked up at him who bit his bottom lip, shaking his head firmly. ''You have to. I realized that...I... if you go, I'll go too.'' he reached for her hands, making the female look down at them. Sera laughed quietly through her tears ''No you won't.'' she whispered, taking her hands away from him. ''I won't let you do that.'' the female said, gently pushing him aside so she could open the door but he didn't move an inch. He took her hand again, gripping it gently this time. The female sighed heavily, shaking her head at his actions. ''It's no use, I have less than a month. It's not like you won't forget me.'' she decided to speak but each and every single word she pronnounced made him hurt. 

''Do your parents know about this?'' he asked suddenly as he knew this wsa going to take a while. But the answer was obvious, if they did, she'd be taking the treatment. ''Jiwon, accept this. Just go back to your group like nothing happened. I will be watching over you guys.'' and this was the most sincere thing she had said ever since they started talking. How could she stop caring for them? She grew with them anyways. ''No. This doesn't have to be like this.'' he cupped her cheeks, making her look into his eyes. ''Let me help you. Let me be there for you. Let me...make up for my stupid actions.'' 

Sera sniffed quietly as she looked at him. Her hands held his tightly as she shook her head, closing her eyes in hope that would stop the tears ''Please leave. I will have to go someday.'' ''But we still have time to cure you.'' he told her ''If I don't die from this, I'll die from something else, Jiwon.'' she continued just to open her eyes and see his red eyes from crying. She bit her lip harshly, hating the sight as she somehow saw herself in him. ''I'm not letting you go like this, not again.'' he mumbled, pulling her in into a kiss that she was unable to pull away from. Her hands let go of his, holding onto his shirt tightly; they pulled away in between sobs. ''I can't let you go, Sera. I can't sleep knowing I may lose you like this. Please reconcider.''

 

A.N.: I'm sorry for this...sad oneshot but I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you so much for requesting and feel free to request again anytime!