k.donghyuk -- the key is under the mat

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

‘’What do you mean?’’ Soojin gasped as she heard her boyfriend cough over the phone. He was sick? He didn’t care care himf well like he promised he would. She frowned when she saw the photos of him, comparing to last year, he seemed to be having problems. Maybe it was just a phase he was going through. Either way, she was worried about him. ‘’I’ll be right there, just wait a bit. I’ll get you some medicine on the way. Go to bed… you better be resting when I get there, Kim Donghyuk!’’ she whined over the phone, picking up her purse as she was over one of her friend’s house. They were planning some kind of end of year party like they usually did. She had to cut the meeting short for her at least as she said her boyfriend was sick.

 

Everyone thankfully seemed to understand; she smiled and thanked them for being so comprehensive; truth was, Soojin didn’t spend a lot of time with him anyways therefore, they were comprehensive enough to let her go.

 

Soojin rushed, getting to the pharmacy quicker than she thought she could get. Soon, she was buying whatever she was allowed to in order to help Donghyuk get better as quick as possible. Right after she was done buying the medicine, she rushed to the male’s house. However, she stopped as soon as she noticed she didn’t have the key to get in and he was probably in bed.

 

‘’Baby, I’m outside, can you come open the door?’’ she sent him that text, biting her lip as she wondered if it was bad to get him off the bed when he seemed so sick. She felt guilty but her phone beeped soon, ‘’The key is under the mat.’’ the female smiled, relieved that she didn’t have to make her boyfriend stand up from the bed to open the door. She was quick to take the key from under the mat and unlocking the door took only a few seconds. She placed the key on the same place before walking in and closing the door.

 

‘’Donghyuk, I’m h-’’ she didn’t get to finish her sentence as she noticed she house looked way too nice. Soojin raised an eyebrow, tilting her head slightly to the side just to notice there were sticky note glued to the wall. Now, she understood he had something planned and she fell right onto his trap. She shook her head and set the bag she was holding down, knowing there was no need for those medicines she brought anyways.

 

Her feet made her walk towards the sticky note; her eyes read it carefully, helping her notice it was indeed Donghyuk’s calligraphy that stood on that pink sticky note. She carefully pulled it away from the wall, reading it once again, now having it in his hands. ‘’Thank you.’’ she scrunched her nose at such simple words.

 

As she lift her head, she noticed that there was another one, close by. That one had a drawing, indicating her to walk ahead. She collected that one as well, just in case. It didn’t take long for her to find a polaroid photo of her; was stuffed with what looked like popcorn; she blushed at such embarrassing moment; he made sure to capture it and she somehow was glad because of it. Again, she collected it. A sticky note stood under it. ‘’Even when you’re just so forgetful and clumsy, I still love you.’’ she laughed out loud, shaking her head slowly. at those words.

 

Keeping those as memories would be just what she could use. The few next sticky notes had two numbers, each. She was quite confused until she read the next one. ‘’Happy first anniversary.’’ she gasped. She forgot it. She totally forgot about it.

 

He didn’t.

 

While biting her lip, she took a few more steps, stopping by the living room. If she thought Donghyuk was sweet, now she was sure of it. The table was nicely set for two people. Not just the table but the couch by the table gave away the fact that the night wouldn’t stop there. Her eyes scanned the room carefully so she could take in every single detail to remember it some day, perhaps when they had kids and she felt like telling them about this.

 

Everything seemed so nicely set that it almost broke her heart for being so forgetful. He knew she was going to forget it but he still did his best to prepare something nice and she couldn’t feel more thankful for that.

 

She was extremely happy for all of this. ‘’Do you like it?’’ a soft voice called out those simple words, wanting to know if his efforts weren’t in vain. Soojin could recognize that voice from a huge crowd of similar voices. The female turned around to meet her boyfriend, pouting at him who laughed, understanding exactly what was going on.

 

‘’It’s okay, we still have next year. You can remember it next year.’’ he joked to her who frowned at how she seemed like a bad girlfriend for forgetting such a special day. His arms hugged her close to him, wanting to comfort her ‘’It’s really fine, you being here is the only gift I could wish for.’’ he told her, pecking her head happily. In fact, just managing to spend their special day together was something he couldn’t be happier for.

 

‘’But...I didn’t even get you a gift…’’ she sighed, still not thinking her presence was something he could consider as a gift; in the end he’d only remember their first year together with her being forgetful while he prepared everything. She didn’t like it. ‘’Alright then, if that matters so much for you, I think you could get me something.’’ her face light up.

 

They looked at each other for a while until Donghyuk laughed. ‘’What are you waiting for?’’ he asked her. She nodded quickly and moved, almost managing to move away from him to go get him something. ‘’Where are you going?’’ he laughed again, holding her in place. Soojin looked at him confused. ‘’I’m going to get you a present…’’

 

‘’I don’t want you to go out though…’’ ‘’Then how am I going to give you a gift?’’ she glared at him, poking his chest with her index finger. The male pretended to think about it for a while, humming while he let her waiting.

 

When he finally looked down at her, she looked determined enough to get him what he wanted. ‘’If you kiss me now, I will count it as a gift.’’ the female looked at him in disbelief but he seemed quite serious about it. ‘’What are you waiting for?’’ he pursed out his lips, making the female laugh at how silly he looked but she ended up giving in.

 

Soojin was about to pull away when he didn’t let her. She didn’t seem bothered by it anyways. Her arms wrapped around his neck while his were still around her waist, holding onto her carefully.

 

Once they pulled away, the male grinned at her ‘’You know, I think you could make up for next year as well...you know, just in case you forget…’’ but the female rolled her eyes and smacked his chest. ‘’Thinking of it, I shouldn’t even be making up for this one, you lied to me!’’