g.junhwe -- can i have this dance?

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

His eyes never really left the female who danced along with one of his bandmates. He didn’t like the closeness they shared but he couldn’t do a thing about it. He too, had a girl in his arms but he wasn’t paying attention to what she was asking him - they should be building some kind of fictional relationship in order to have the performance coming off better as the chemistry was important but the fact the female in his arms wasn’t the one he wanted (it was not that bothered him but the fact she had another guy holding onto her) was getting him bothered, jealous if he could even feel that way.

 

‘’Junhwe, you’re staying back today. You’re not getting the moves.’’ Hanbin called out, sighing as he shook his head slowly, wondering what happened to him when he was usually one of the first to get the moves the right power and the sharpness it used to have when he put everything into his dance. Junhwe rolled his eyes; his hands let go of the female he was holding onto as he nodded his head once.

 

‘’You should stay back too’’ he asked the female who was dancing with Junhwe but the female came up with the most stupid excuse, saying she couldn’t; she knew Junhwe was pissed off because someone else had their hands over his crush - she could see it through his eyes; he wasn’t happy, the slightest as this was nothing he ever pictured happening, not even falling in love. Hanbin frowned as the family excuse she gave out couldn’t make him ask her to stay. He sighed ‘’Can any of the other stay back with him?’’ he asked, looking around but Junhwe coughed out he didn’t need anyone to stay back. Little did he know his crush was going to offer herself.

 

Hanbin sighed quietly ‘’Alright then, the others can go.’’ he commented, picking up his stuff as he made his way to the recording studio; he wanted to compose some more songs as he had quite a few ideas in mind.

 

People left the room one by one and soon, Junhwe was left alone, staring at the mirror, trying to get the steps right when he didn’t pay attention to what Hanbin was teaching; he cursed his brain for being so into that girl who didn’t seem to have the slightest drop of interest on him - she seemed far too well in Hanbin’s arms while they danced and that made him remember that trainee days when he got to dance with her once or twice.

 

Sighing, he sat on the floor - he was frustrated as he didn’t even know where to start from as he didn’t know the steps, at all.

 

The door opening made the male turn around. He raised an eyebrow as he saw his crush walking inside the room. He was confused to see her there but the first thing he thought was that she forgot something inside the room - yep, probably she just got back to get what she forgot. With this in mind, he got up so she wouldn’t know just how much her and Hanbin dancing affected his mind, not that she knew about his crush or anything.

 

But the female didn’t leave the room. Instead of picking up something she left behind, she put down her bag. His hear started racing as his eyes landed on the mirror, seeing her walking close to him. He could hear her steps behind him, getting louder and louder which indicated she was closer to him.

 

‘’You can’t remember the dance, can you?’’ she chuckled lowly, standing by his side. He didn’t answer her; he looked away and sighed quietly - he didn’t want to throw a scene in there but how could he keep himself from feeling that jealousy feeling he got inside him? How could he stop thinking of her? How could he fake a relationship for a dance when his own was getting crashed right in front of his eyes?

 

The female frowned a bit; she knew he was probably in a bad mood as she had known him for a while now. Without losing any other second, she took his hand and pulled him near the mirror. He was surprised to see her helping him like that. He thought she was just going to like she usually did.

 

His hands nervously landed on her waist since she pulled them there while she was facing him. His eyes looked into hers and in that second, he couldn’t hear what she was saying. He couldn’t look away, he couldn’t even breathe properly. He was lost.

 

‘’Junhwe?’’ the female frowned, taking her hands away from his that rest on her waist just to poke his cheeks gently, to get his attention. He was risking everything in that right moment as that poke was just not enough to make him up from his thoughts. He was trying hard to control himself as half of his sane mind was trying to pull him back to reality; he had work to get done but it was easier to give in to his feelings that were sinking in the sea of emotions she was providing him. Her skin against his got his heart beating harshly against his chest, her soft voice calling out his name sounded like music to his ears and her worried eyes looking into his got him lost a thousand times; he didn’t seem to care the slightest.

 

‘’I don’t like the way he touches you.’’ his voice whispered to her; the female frowned at his words. It took her a couple of seconds to notice what he was talking about. Once she understood what he meant, the female blushed; his grip tightened around her waist and in that moment, she wondered if her heart was beating faster because of this sudden closeness or because he hinted her on his feelings for her.

 

She was about to ask him what he was talking about, to make sure she wasn’t creating fantasies in her mind, when he glared into her eyes and pulled her closer to him ‘’Do you enjoy his touch that much?’’ he sighed out, leaning closer to her ‘’It drives me crazy the way you look so happy when he touches you.’’ he continued; they had switched the roles even if Junhwe wasn’t totally aware that he was preparing to confess to her. ‘’I don’t like the way you two look so happy when I can’t even focus.’’

 

‘’It’s just work.’’ she managed to tell him, biting her lip as she truthfully, had nothing going on with Hanbin. Yes, his touch made her feel nervous but it was only because she wanted their fans to like their performance, because she was never really in love to know how it felt when the two main characters got to be together, even if she was experiencing it in that moment, she could tell it felt far different from when Hanbin held her. Hanbin and her were two characters playing their roles on a performance but Junhwe and her, in that moment, were truthfully playing their roles on life, which was something much serious than the fictional love her character felt for Hanbin.

 

Junhwe’s eyes kept looking into hers. Her words ringed in his ears - he knew she was telling the truth by the way she looked so nervous at him; if she was lying, she’d be sniffing quietly to cover up how her voice missed it’s tone during the sentence. ‘’Why are you so nervous, then?’’ he glared at her; she knew the answer to that question but she was afraid it was too sudden and too early to let him know how her heart felt alive when he was with her, how his touch drove her crazy and how she wouldn’t be able to focus if her eyes landed on him through the mirror when they were dancing - that could also be the main reason why she kept looking at Hanbin during the practice.

 

‘’Why aren’t you answering me?’’ he sighed out but the female ripped her eyes away from his, looking to his lips and breaking her fears in half; she used her hands to cup his cheeks and glared into his eyes ‘’Shut up.’’ she mumbled, tiptoeing to make their noses bump. The male suddenly smirked at how openly she let him know she had feelings for him with that. ‘’Alright’’ he whispered, pressing his lips to hers. If they were the main characters in the story, then probably this would be the of it, where both would simply let out his feelings.

 

His lips caressed hers, allowing both to dance to a melody that probably was the rhythm their hearts sang to. As they pulled away, they shared shy smiles with each over even if both looked into different ways; it was just maybe too overwhelming for both to hold onto each other after so long, after knowing each other for that many years. Who’d say this would happen?

 

They didn’t let go of each other; to hide her embarrassment, the female pulled her head to his chest and wrapped his arms around his neck while he kept his around her waist. His cheek rest over her head as they heard nothing but their breathing in the silence.

 

Junhwe’s phone suddenly went off, a soft melody coming from it, making them pull away. His eyes read the name of one of his bandmates but he only rolled his eyes. ‘’Aren’t...you picking up?’’ she asked him as he pulled the phone away but he simply asked her another question ‘’Can I have this dance?’’ the female laughed, taking his hand as he held it out for her - they were dancing to his ringtone, glued to each other before they actually decided to get work done.