k.jiwon -- freedom

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

Genres: fluff, angst
Pairing: jiwon x denley (reader)
Request: yes [scenario]
Via: tumblr
Small resume of the request: Jiwon showed Denley a part of life she never really thought she'd face.
Inspired by: Hozier - work song
Lenght: 3591 words
• ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • 

''Concider yourself fired'' those words made Jiwon feel his stomach tightening at the thought of being jobless. He had gone through a lot the past few months, life simply wasn't collaborating with him; was tossing him here and there to see if he was able to take it. All he wanted was to belong somewhere, to have a second oportunity to somehow get up and live again but mostly nobody seemed to care enough to help him up. It was already something normal, not only for him but for those who faced their downs.
''Kim Jiwon, what happened?'' his mother whispered as he arrived the house. He had been drinking, it was almost like he threw himself into a huge pool that only contained alcoholic drinks, which he sipped and ended up stealing the liquid form the huge pool that never really existed. Poor his inside; he'd be paying this later, for sure but for now, his body seemed to take it - his mind however, was out there somewhere since he didn't even seem to be conscious anymore. His mother asked how he managed to come home by himself since it didn't seem like anyone brought him; did guardian angels really exist?
A day passed, after another that was pushed foward because of the week that rushed to pass by, ending up tripping by a month out of the twelve available on every year. Jiwon didn't even try anymore. His days were spent on the couch, staring at the tv that wasn't even playing anything interesting, if anything at all. The male was just not in the mood to think of getting up; it was bothersome as he actually had to pull himself out to the mean world he just tried to run away from. 
''Mom, I'm going out'' he announced after thinking about how boring his life had turned after losing his job. The elder female was very surprised but quickly nodded her head, ecouraging him to go, to do something about his situation like he was supposed to. The male headed out without any other word, not even thinking of the snacks anymore, perhaps fresh air was what he was looking for.
While walking around, not really sure of where to go, he heard noises, noises that probably were not only bothering him but everyone else on the road - the difference between him and them was the fact he did care enough about whoever was trying to probably run away from the uncomfortable situation. He could see a female trying to escape a group of guys who seemed to be picking on her. Once her eyes landed on him, the female frowned, thinking he was just another one of them that seemed to have a large group that liked picking up on her who didn't have anyone to stand up for her.
Watching this, Jiwon rolled his eyes - people did pick on him too and it wasn't nice; he could stand up by himself because he couldn't care the slightest about what people thought about him. This girl seemed to have just way too many problems with herself to do the same. Sighing, he pushed two of the guys away, one to each direction as his arms extended out, letting him take a good look at the female who still kept the same thoughts, thinking he was their leader. But he wasn't. He turned his back on her and glared at the four guys, raising an eyebrow before his lips spoke ''Why don't you guys go play with someone who's the same height as you?'' he growled, watching they roll their eyes at him, telling him to mind his business.
Not far from the situation, two pairs of eyes were watching the situation inside a car, in their comfortable seats, smiling, satisfied with what their eyes saw. A guy standing up for a girl he didn't know - a girl that didn't go out quite as often as people expected her to over her beautiful looks. Her eyes landed on her hands as she quietly waited for the guys to come back, with the supposed special guy they've been looking for.
Once Jiwon was thrown inside the car, he was scanned by two other curious pair of eyes; a pair belonged to a quite old male and the other to a nicely dressed female. She seemed shy, perhaps because she was looking at a guy this close. He sighed heavily, sitting up slowly as he looked at those two people sitting in front of him ''What do you need from me?'' was the first thing he said, making the elder male laugh, lean in and pat Jiwon's knee gently ''I wonder if you're interested in working.''
Jiwon's eyes widened; did a job just fall from the sky, like this? He wanted to know further details, letting the other male know he was listening. ''Well, I've seen you fight out there, and it surprised me because I honestly didn't think you'd save that girl you didn't know from anywhere.'' he started, making Jiwon wonder if he was watching the poor girl the all time - like a creep - but he quickly shook off those thoughts, focusing back on the conversation, still not really minding the female whose eyes were on him. ''And honestly, I think you have profile for what I'm searching for. I want someone to watch over my daughter, Denley.'' Jiwon raised an eyebrow, peeking over at the female ''Like...a babysitter?'' he asked, a bit confused just to hear the elder male laugh as he shook his head.
''I'm looking for a bodyguard.'' that made Jiwon blink a few times. Only now he noticed he was inside a limousine, with four people. Two of them were on the fron seats, dressing fancy suits that made them almost look like penguins. The two other people in the car, that were sitting right in front of him were dressed up as well, making him realize he was talking with people with a lot of money. ''So?'' that simple word woke the male up from his thoughts. He blinked and rubbed his nape, taking some more time to take this decision however, after noticing he wasn't going to get any other job like this - that would probably pay him quite well - he found out he should agree to it. With this, he nodded his head firmly, not showing any emotion on his sharp features.
''I'm glad you decided to join us. We're going to ask you to move in by tomrrow and start right now with the work. Denley has to attend to her job today and I don't want her alone, I have a meeting to attend to, I will be running late in ten therefore I'm dropping you off in my house. There's a car for you to use however you please as long as Denley agrees to it. I hope you do have a licence?'' Jiwon was surprised with all of this but he nodded his head slowly to everything, slipping his wallet off his back pocket to show the elder male he did indeed have a driver's licence. ''Perfect.'' then, he turned to his daughter and smiled softly at her ''Honey, make sure to let..'' but he stopped, not knowing the male's name. 
''Jiwon, Kim Jiwon, sir'' he coughed out as he noticed that was the reason why the male stopped; he didn't want to disrespect his boss therefore, he didn't act rude but simply tried saying it with respect. His boss thanked him with a small nod before turning back to his daughter.
''Let Jiwon know about your whereabouts and if you need anything, it's him who you're asking it from. Now, you two can work it out.'' then, turned to Jiwon, ready to warn him ''If anything happens do my daughter, I will haunt you'' the way the male said this made Jiwon feel a shiver run down his spine and almost immedately nod without saying any further words.

It has been a week since he started working on this; Denley wasn't the one to get herself into trouble, which made Jiwon wonder why she needed a bodyguard but whenever he wanted to ask that question, the words got stuck in his throat just in case the female felt uncomfortable to talk about it - there was a lot about him she still didn't know, even if they spent a lot of time together. Even if his room was right beside hers and even though he rarely slept there since Denley always asked him to stay with her on the living room whenever her father wasn't nearby. It was not that she was afraid but not having her father around her fer feel somehow lonely.
''My father said he'll only be back next month.'' Denley told the male as they sat in front of one another, eating breakfast quietly; Jiwon had been warned about this before, making him nod his head firmly just to tell her he knew about it. ''Do you want to sneak out?'' she asked Jiwon who raised an eyebrow at her suggestion - up until now, all he has seen was this side of hers in which she seemed way too sensitive; this surprised him at some point.
''Where do you want to go?'' Jiwon suddenly asked, knowing he was beeing crazy for signing up for something like this as he could get in trouble. After asking that question, he noticed how the female's eyes light up, as if there was something she had wanted to do for a while but she wasn't allowed to.
''Let's go camping!'' she told him, smiling at him, nodding her head firmly in hope he'd agree with her. Jiwon kept quiet as he thought of spending some time away from the city seemed a good idea for him as well; after everything, it would somehow feel like vacation from the horror he had been living in.
''Sure, why not?'' he told the female, eating some more of the food that was laid over his dish. Denley smiled widely, ready to thank him about it but he got up from the chair, not letting her even finish. He calmly stood up, taking his dish to the sink and washing it right away so he could be the one waiting for her; she was the one he was working for anywyas. 
Denley didn't take that long as she noticed he was leaning against the counter, waiting for her. She stuffed with food and quickly handed him her plate, pointing upstairs, signaling him she'd be packing her stuff. Jiwon found her actions pretty funny and he almost let a soft chuckle escape but to hide it, he nodded his head firmly and turned around to wash the dish she used.

Half an hour later, Denley had a backpack hanging on her shoulders, she was nicely dressed and even smelling nice. Jiwon stared at her quietly, wondering if she was aware that camping had nothing to do with fancy clothes but he didn't say a thing, heading towards his room to get ready as well. He packed a few clothes, just in case something happened. 
As he came down, he looked at the female ''We have to stop by the market to buy a few things, like a tent and food'' he told her,  nodding his head firmly to the female who thought about it, wondering why she forgot something so important when she was the one who suggested go camping. ''Of course'' she answered him, smiling softly as she walked towards the door ''Let's get going.'' she told him, quickly making her way out, being followed by Jiwon who closed the door.
''Can I drive?'' the female asked Jiwon, making him stare at her quietly as if thinking if it was a good idea after all ''My father doesn't let me drive because we have a driver but I have a licence, I can show you if you want, it's on my wallet'' she continued speaking, watching Jiwon shrug his shoulders as if he didn't actually care about everything she was saying. A glorious smile was placed over her lips as she understood he didn't mind if she was driving. The female quickly dropped her backpack on the back seats of the car and asked for the key so she could drive. Jiwon rolled his eyes and got into the passager's seat, handing her the key as she got into the driver's seat.
The female looked excited, and she was actually pretty happy about this since she didn't get to drive ever since her father got them a driver; in her opinion it was a bit too much and it was a waste of money (and probably liberty since she couldn't be the one who picked up her friends, much less stay on a car with them) but now that she had Jiwon, he was like a passport to her freedom - kind of.
Denley seemed frozen in time, making Jiwon feel a bit worried about her since she wasn't even moving her eyes. ''You okay?'' he asked quietly, watching Denley finally move, nodding her head without giving out any other explanation. The male somehow did regret letting the female drive since they arrived the market quicker than he expected them to. She drove faster than he thought she would - his idea of Denley was all messed up because of her father who seemed to have scisors, ready to cut off the female's wings.
''Okay so, a tent will be enough, right? We can buy a large one for both.'' the female suggested since she mostly fell asleep on his shoulder like they were long date friends; the male didn't seem to mind either therefore, the female rushed to get the tent she had in mind.

After all the shopping, both felt a bit tired but Jiwon somehow knew the female wasn't exactly going to want to go back to her house - she had been stuck with those four white simple walls for too long, in both people's opinions since Jiwon also knew what it felt like; it was the worst.
''I know a place nearby where we can camp.'' the female pointed to the GPS. Jiwon raised an eyebrow as he wonder if she was going to surprise him even more than she already did - he was sure there was something else she still had to show, he wasn't sure what but he knew that it didn't matter what, she'd always surprise him; she was not exactly what he expected her to be anyways.

It was now night time, both were inside the tent, on the location the female had suggested but Jiwon's hands rest over his stomach - he couldn't sleep. Through the thin texture of the fabric of the tent, he could see the night sky, full of stars (this felt nice, like the freedom he always wanted). ''Jiwon.'' Denley's quiet voice whispered, earning his attention. He turned his head slowly, picturing the female laying down on the other side of the tent, in the same position as him like they were some kind of awkward couple that slept together for the first time - their hands couldn't find the right place to land in.
''Doesn't this feel a bit scary?'' she whispered a sharp question, having Jiwon thinking over her question - he understood she knew something about him too, maybe by the way he acted but she never really seemed to care about their difference; she did get along with him quite well, even if she didn't know him at all, even if he mostly didn't speak and only kept her company, even if they didn't go out often and he didn't have a lot to do because there was nobody to protect her from. 
The male shrugged his shoulders slightly, looking back at the part of the fabric he managed to find, where the stars peeked through. ''I'm not sure if it is scary or simply a taste of something I wan't so bad that I can't even distinguish if it feels good or not'' his honest answer made the female nod her head; she could feel the same way as him.
He heard some noises by his side; once his head turned, he noticed the female had rolled to his side. Her head was over his shoulder like she got used to place it during the week that has passed by so quickly. Her eyes were closed, maybe because she was feeling way too shy to open them as this was a different situation than that simple falling asleep on the living room while watching movies she didn't even pay attention to - she always reached for that human heat, heart warming experience her father didn't let her live. And now she had it, it was addicting and she couldn't get over it.
''I like your silence'' she confessed, moving a bit closer to him. Her right hand landed on one of his; he was surprised to notice her hands were cold as ice. ''It's so comfortable, I could live with it.'' she continued, not being aware that by her side, the male's head was getting messy at every word she pronounced. ''You're so comfortable to be around of. And you're always warm even if you don't show it using words - most people probably picture you as a cold person. But I know you aren't'' she released a soft chuckle, hiding her head on his neck. 
The next time she spoke, his heart almost stopped. How messed could she make him feel? He was asking himself that question but he didn't want to show her how confused she made him since it would be an advantage for her who probably knew what was going on while he was still lost on all his thoughts. ''This feels nice.'' she spoke lowly, concidering she was so close to him that even if she only moved her lips, he'd be able to hear faint breathes leave her lips.
''It has only been a week'' Denley pulled away from him, pushing the floor with her hands as she pulled them away from his; she wanted to see him, look him in the eyes as she spoke ''It's such a long period of time but I'm really thankful for you.'' the female nodded her head, showing off a bright smile that made Jiwon want to keep it. Before she could go on with whatever she was going to say, he stopped her - she was getting him on his nerve for making him want her that much.
His warm hand let his fingers slip through her hair, easily pulling her head close to his; their noses touched ''You're driving me crazy with all of this. You don't know me, the slightest yet you have all this power over me.'' he mumbled, looking into her eyes that held hers captive. She smiled in victory, tilting her head slightly to finish what he started. Her lips rest over his as she moved her arms, comfortably letting her upper body rest over his while her hands slid over his shoulders. 
The kiss didn't last long as she pulled back to look into his eyes ''I don't care where you come from, what you were before or what we will be in the future. Just the fact you're standing with me in this right moment is enough for me. You made the impossible turn possible in less than a week. I don't care whatever happens after this.'' she confessed to him, refearing to the way he changed her life so easily by just crashing into it by accident; she was able to come outside by herself, she was able to face the world without the thick jacket of fear her father brought her. She was able to hit the breaks until there was nothing else so she could speed through all those rushed feelings she was having the taste of.
Jiwon was the best part of it. He was right there, by her side without judging her, letting her learn by her own mistakes even if he had to take care of her - he did it the best way possible. Without any other word, their lips were back together, tasting every inch of freedom they were able to, from each other's mouths. They tasted different realities and maybe that was the reason why it felt so good, they were able to experience each other like this, almost taste each other's problems and it did feel special.
His hands rest over her hips, gently pushing her up a bit, letting her know he wanted to pull away. His lips wanted to speak, other than the words he managed to let her read off his lips with her own; he needed to make sure of something first. ''You'll regret this later'' he managed to whisper over the soft panting both suffered from.
The female chuckled, cupping his cheeks to make sure his eyes were on hers ''I won't regret anything as long as you're there to heal me'' she could read the smile Bobby tried to hide away from his lips. She leaned down and pecked his lips ''Don't worry'' she whispered quietly, laughing. The male pulled the female down on him, hugging her to his chest, smiling a bit at how warm his chest felt. It was nice.

 

A.N.: It has been so long since this request was made, I'm so sorry that it took so long to answer you. I hope you enjoyed it anyways, thank you so much for requesting and feel free to request whenever you'd like.