#12/40 - TaeJin

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#12/40 - “Is your ego really that big?”/”Don’t you think that’s a little too short?”

TaeJin 

Word Count: 1278

 

With his best friend, Park Jimin, lounging on his bed mindlessly scrolling on his iphone, Taehyung continued to pick at his hair and his clothes fretfully in front of the bathroom mirror. Jimin was supposed to be helping him before they left for the night. It was after all Jimin’s art event that he was being dragged to. The least the man could do is help his loyal friend out. Letting out a sigh, Taehyung pulled off the skinny sky blue jeans he had been wearing and shuffled to his closet once more. He ripped off the crop top he had as well, letting it float to the floor.

 

Jimin looked up from his phone about to whine about the time but seeing his best friend in just a pair of pink had him halt in his complaints.

 

“Tae, you looked great, why are you changing again?”

 

He received a shrug, as the other male flicked through his closet, finally settling on something white, it was all Jimin could see.

 

“Just wasn’t feeling it, ya’know?”

 

Grabbing two more items Taehyung made his way back to his bathroom changing quickly. The man lounging on the bed hummed in understanding, god knew he had days like that. He went back to scrolling through social media, mentally deciding to give the other man a few more minutes before getting on his case. He didn’t have to wait long though. A few minutes later, Taehyung had walked out of his bathroom with a bright yet almost shy smile on his face.

 

“How do I look?”

 

Raising his eyes from his screen, Jimin took in the white lace short sleeved blouse tucked into a pink and red floral skirt that went to about mid thigh with a thin light brown belt. Taehyung’s long legs and his silky chestnut locks, he had been sporting since just last week, in combination with the outfit complimented him very well. Hopping up from the bed, Jimin walked over taking his friend's hand and spinning him around.

 

“A-dorable!”

 

The dusting of pink over the tips of Taehyung’s ear presented itself to Jimin but he knew better than to comment. Even though his best friend had been dressing femininely for a little over a year now, he still became self-conscious from time to time. Caring about what others thought didn’t seem like a trait of Kim Taehyung’s but it was. Not always, but from time to time it could really get to him and it took him a lot to come as far as he’s come. Jimin being the ever supportive best friend that he is truly made a difference.

 

“Where’s your cherry lip gloss? You should wear it and then we gotta go. Like- , it’s almost two o’clock.” Jimin had glanced at his phone, catching the alarming time and nearly dragged Taehyung out of the bedroom before he could finish telling the other that it’s in the bag by the front door.

 

Zooming out of the room, the two cut across the living room right in front of Taehyung’s boyfriend who had just been watching a movie. Ken, his friend was sitting adjacent in the large dark grey plush chair munching on a bag of chips as well. The two raised eyebrows in sync as both Jimin and Taehyung flew by, stopping at the door to put on their shoes and Taehyung to apply some of the lip gloss his friend said he should add to complete his look.

 

A low whistle filled the room making Jimin and Taehyung giggle because they knew that Ken was cat calling at Taehyung’s outfit. It wasn’t anything y by far but he looked cute and Jimin’s words as well in the sincerity of his voice only confirmed that further to Taehyung. It quelled any insecurities he previously had. Slipping on the other white shoe that had a small peep hole up by his ankle, he squatted down to tie the strings in a petite bow.

 

Less than half a second later a formidable presence could be felt looming over the two friends. Jimin was too busy fussing with his sneaker that wasn’t allowing him to just shove his foot inside but remove it, untie then start the process over from the beginning. He didn’t notice Seokjin standing there, staring at his boyfriend with a worrisome expression.

 

“Don’t you think that’s a little too short?”

 

Taehyung was using the mirror that was hung on the wall as he swept the cherry lip gloss applicator along his bottom lip, pausing to reply.

 

“I look adorable.”

 

He rattled off before applying the same motion to his top lip, rubbing both together and then using the tip of his nail to wipe just a little excess gloss off. Those were Jimin’s words but the longer he wore the skirt and blouse the more confident and pretty he was feeling. Staring at himself in the mirror, he acknowledged that,  

 

Yes, Taehyung you do look cute.

 

A huff filled the silence followed by the tapping of Jimin’s foot. He was more than ready to go and this little argument was about to really make them late. He was supposed to arrive at the art exhibit at exactly 2:30pm and they weren’t going to make it with having to take the bus at this rate. Seokjin paid the younger male absolutely no mind.

“Is your ego really that big?”

 

The words were harsh but Taehyung paid it no mine because he knew where it was coming from. It was not only written very plainly on his hyung’s face but also in the tone of his voice.

 

“Just as big as yours when you look in the mirror, love.” He winked at Seokjin before picking up the strap to his bag and placing it over his shoulder.

 

“Come on Jiminie, we’ll be late.”

 

“Thank god,” he muttered, hand already on the door handle and pulling it open. However, they were stopped again by Seokjin grabbing onto his boyfriend’s arm.

 

“Just-Just wear my jacket at least.”

 

The gruffness that he previously had was gone and now all you could hear was the worry and concern for the younger male. Ken could be heard snickering in the background and Jimin was trying to keep his under wraps as well.

 

“Man you’re so ing whipped. They’re just going to an art exhibit. Tae looks adorable but jesus, Jin it’s not like he’s gonna be hit on by everything that can stand on two legs.”

 

At that, Jimin lost it and began laughing wholeheartedly, the elder had said out loud everything that Jimin was thinking. A harsh glare was given to Ken making the other just throw his hands up and shrug.

 

“It’s true man.”

 

Seokjin ignored him, grabbing his soft green jacket with the lapels and buttons down the front. Placing it over Taehyung’s shoulder, the younger male smiled warmly. He leaned over and pecked Seokjin on the lips.

 

“There will be more later.” He spoke lowly so that the other could only hear him but with the tenor of his voice, Jimin was still able.

 

“Ugh, you guys are gross. I’m leaving.”

 

Jimin stomped out the door, cringing at the thoughts that had now unfortunately entered his mind. Ew, ew, ew. Chuckles could be heard behind him and then the slap of shoes against the carpeted floor of the hallway.

 

“Jiminie wait up!”

 

Glancing back, he saw his best friend trying to run down the hallway, hold his skirt in place with the lapels of that damn green jacket oddly completing the look flying in the wind. It was kind of hilarious but damn, Taehyung really did look adorable.