#32/62 - TaeJin

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#32/62 - “I’m betting on you.”/”I didn’t do it, but if I had, would you hate me?”

TaeJin

Word Count: 797

 

Breaking out into song and dance wasn’t something that Kim Taehyung was unfamiliar with. He did so himself on various occasions and whenever Hoseok was around you could be that the older boy did so at least once every visit. While this wasn’t anything knew for Taehyung, it especially wasn’t new for his boyfriend Kim Seokjin. Watching Seokjin push the grocery cart through the frozen food aisle, Taehyung continued to hum the end of the song that was playing through the overhead speakers. His pen marking through the item, Seokjin had just told him to scratch off the list.

 

“We got bananas too,”

 

Another word marked through, while the music paused for a change of song. With just the first few beats, Seokjin raised his head a little taller. He knew this song, he was very familiar with it. The song wasn’t one that he had ever thought he’d hear as much as he had in the last three months but here he was, just a few beats and the words floating to the tip of his tongue. Side eyeing his boyfriend he looked for any indications of the man noticing what song was playing. Taehyung had his tongue sticking slightly between his lips as he continued to mark off items on their grocery list that he had failed to mark off earlier.

 

No indication, no fingers tapping, or feet sliding across the floor in a more graceful stride, no head bobbing, phew. Seokjin really didn’t want to experience this again. By again he meant this had occurred in every single store they had visited in the past two weeks and he didn’t want to make it a third. The last time it occurred, a albeit adorable halmeoni started trying to push him over to join in the chaos that Taehyung had been wreaking throughout the clothing store. No, no thank you. He was good.

 

The humming Taehyung had been doing changed and the shoulders that Seokjin had just relaxed tensed immediately. Stopping the cart abruptly, screeching wheels and all, he whipped around,

 

“No. Don’t even think about it.”

 

A smirk, that devilish smirk that often melt Seokjin into a puddle of want in just about any other situation spread across Taehyung’s sun kissed face. A frown spread across the elder.

 

“Betting on you.” The purple pen that Taehyung was using was now extended in Seokjin’s direction, being executed perfectly on the last syllable of his words.

 

“I’m betting on you!” He crooned out so sweetly that Seokjin almost wanted to cave and give in to the others soulful voice.

 

“Please,”

 

A childlike whine left his lovers lips and Taehyung could only slide across the floor in his sneakers and spin before promptly stopping directly next to Seokjin and crooning out the next line.

 

“I can’t just let you go like this.”

 

Long lean fingers gripped Seokjin’s chin and his boyfriend's dark chocolate eyes stole away any words that were at the tip of his tongue. The overwhelming urge to kiss away the sultry form Taehyung’s lips had formed, battered against Seokjin’s resolve. Eyes crinkling up in a blinding humour smile, saved him dissolving the desire to something much more manageable and appropriate for the middle of the grocery store during peak hours.

 

“I didn’t do it, but if i had, would you hate me?” Taehyung giggled,

 

Turning his head away from the younger who was still gripping his chin, Seokjin huffed and pushed their half full cart forward. Letting his heart come back to a trot from the speeding race horse it was just a moment ago.

 

“Yes!” he hissed out.

 

The lie only made Taehyung’s rumbling laugh fill the aisle even louder than it was a moment ago. He moved right behind Seokjin, wrapping his arms around his waist and resting his chin in the crook of his neck. Pressing his lips against soft skin, Seokjin shivered.

 

“Even your lies are sweet…” he continued to croon into Seokjin’s ear, the line that was being sung overhead but also a truth.

 

“I love you. For today, I’ll give you a break.”

 

Taehyung was grinning from ear to ear as he pressed his lips to Seokjin’s lips promptly embarrassing the elder as a mother with her young child were blatantly staring at them. Something his partner was oblivious to but wouldn’t have made a difference even if he had seen them.

 

“Thank god. Go grab those melon bars, you made me pass them with all of- of-” Seokjin waved his arms in indication of what Taehyung had just done but couldn’t seem to find the right words for. Saluting to the elder, Seokjin watched his boyfriend skip, yes skip back down the aisle to pick up the box of melon bars they couldn’t seem to live without.