#20 - YoonSeok

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

 

 

#20 - “Just shut-shut up for one minute!”

YoonSeok

Word Count: 1500

 

The problem with being soulmates, yes there was a problem, is that you could be going about your daily routine and then wham, be slammed into with harsh emotions that aren’t your own and you truly don’t welcome. At least not at that moment. Hoseok had been feeling random surges of emotions for awhile now. He knew what the cause was. He knew why he was crying at three in the morning being woken from his sleep to do so, he knew why he was in the middle of a dance contest and felt an overwhelming surge of warmth spread throughout this core to the tips of his fingers and toes and sadly it wasn’t because of his dancing euphoria. He knew why he was grinning fondly in front of his friend he was sharing a meal with when they had literally just been stuffing their faces with burgers and fries and not talking.

 

For the most part Hoseok didn’t mind his soulmate. In fact, he truly adored his soulmate and had always been ecstatic the day he found those two words blossomed across his inner right wrist, “Min Yoongi”. Unfortunately, as of late, he was being attacked with his soulmate’s pain. In the morning and afternoon it was dull but in the evening and late at night Hoseok ached all over. A tightness settled around his heart and the smiling face he liked to show was rather hard to produce.

 

Which was why it was no surprise to Yoongi to hear a loud incessant pounding on his apartment door at 2:41am. Just as much as Yoongi knew that he was not the only one baring his pain, it only hurt him more to know that he was causing his best friend, partner to be so down. Sometimes he truly wished that they could close their connection and just keep some things to themselves. That however was a luxury they were not given.

 

“Hoseok-ah… I’m sorry.”

 

That was the beginning as Yoongi pulled the door open and in stepped as emotionally complicated Jung Hoseok. His hair was every which way, most definitely had been sleeping prior to another burst of emotions waking him up. He didn’t even realize he was rubbing the name on his wrist. Whenever a soulmate was feeling intense emotions you would especially feel a throbbing in that same spot you were branded.

 

Hoseok didn’t even get a word in as he stared at Yoongi, wide eyed and visibly upset that his other half, well his other half looked a wreck. Red eyes with heavy bags underneath, hair greasy and was that stubble? Oh yes, that was indeed stubble on the older man’s chin. That was a sight to see and one that you didn’t see unless Yoongi had locked himself in his studio for days on end.

 

“I’m so sorry. I never wanted you to feel anything and I-I tried, I’m still trying so damn hard to just not feel but I can’t Hobi-yah. I can’t and it hurts and I’m hurting you and I’m sorry.”

 

This long winded apology wasn’t much like the man that Hoseok knew at all. His eyes immediately softened and he went to open his mouth but as soon as Yoongi’s eyes flickered back up to Hoseok’s he started again, silencing the dancer from saying anything. Taking a few more steps forward, Hoseok pulled his hyung into his arms and rubbed his upper back in slow comforting circles. The opposite of how his words sounded.

 

“Just shut-shut up for one minute!”

 

The sentence was practically growled and that was due to annoyance on many levels but the message he was trying to push through their connection was understanding, warmth, comfort, just letting him know that he was there. Yoongi was too distraught at first to let anything through but after a few moments of silence, Hoseok rubbing his back just letting the other sink into him let his walls down and finally lean on someone it was received. The tightness in Yoongi’s body eased little by little until he let out a sigh that let Hoseok know they could stop standing in the entranceway. He took Yoongi’s hand in his and guided him through the elder’s apartment, to his couch and sat down, pulling the elder with him.

 

Yoongi sat down close to Hoseok but he wasn’t wrapped in an embrace anymore, he did however seek out the younger's hand and held it lightly. He had forgotten how just being in the mere presence of his soulmate could relax him so.

 

“What’s wrong hyung? T-this normally doesn’t last so long.” He spoke softly, gently, coaxing Yoongi to talk with him.

 

Looking down at their hands, Yoongi rubbed the pad of his thumb over Hoseok’s smooth skin as he nibbled on his bottom lip thinking on what to say.

 

“He’s gone, Hoseok-ah.” The words were barely a whisper. A moment later Yoongi looked up at his soulmate, tears threatening to spill for what probably wasn’t the first time tonight. Turning his head towards the mantle across his faux fireplace, Yoongi’s eyes rested on the picture of a doe eyed, fluffy brown haired, cherry lipped young man smiling brightly amidst the sun beaming on his face.

 

“He’s gone and...and I don’t know how I-I...I just don’t know how. What if he doesn’t-” The elder is very much lost in his own memories but Hoseok knows what he’s about to say and cuts him off to say what he himself truly believes.

 

“He’ll come back.”

 

“But what if he-”

 

“He will.”

 

The strict firmness resonating in Hoseok’s voice broke Yoongi from his spell as he looked up at the man sitting next to him. They just sat their quietly communicating silently. Yoongi wanted to argue so much. He hadn’t been there for the argument the other two had had, Hoseok hadn’t seen the way the man looked at him as he walked out the door or lack thereof. He didn’t know how none of his messages had been replied to. Hoseok didn’t know.

 

“Jungkook will come back, hyung.”

 

Letting out a sigh, the elder ran his hand over his face and then through his hair. He knew better than to say anything against Hoseok when he was using that tone. It was his tone that said he knew exactly what he was talking about there wasn’t even half an inch for error. Something about it comforted Yoongi like no other could.

 

“...H-Hobi but..not all soulmates are like us. Most aren’t. He went to his soulmate, Hobi… I just love him so much.” Yoongi’s dark coal eyes didn’t leave Hoseok’s, they didn’t waver, everything he said he meant without a single ounce of a doubt but Hoseok didn’t need to hear it. He felt it. He felt it every single day.

 

“And just like he went to his soulmate, I came to you.” Hoseok squeezed Yoongi’s hand.

 

“I’ll always come to you.”

 

A shaky breath released and Yoongi nodded. He knew that was true. He couldn’t have asked for a better person to spend eternity with this connection. Hoseok brought both his hands up to cup Yoongi’s face and made sure he was hearing every single word he was about to say.

 

“Jungkook loves you. I know he does. I may not be able to feel his emotions like I can with you but it’s there Yoongi-yah. He’ll be back and I’ll stay with you until he does.”

 

Nodding his head slowly, Yoongi did as well and took another breath, beating back his tears that he hated even happened. He never liked to be weak because of anyone or around anyone. The fact that he let Hoseok in truly had to do with the fact that they were soulmates and he trusted him like no other.

 

“Thank you. I may not be in love with you but I do love you like no one else. You’re my soul partner always and forever.”

 

This made Hoseok break out in a grin.

 

“I love you too, hyung. Soul partner always in forever.” The two smiled at each other in a manner that Yoongi would normally have called Hoseok a dork for.

 

“...Hoseok-ah, this may be true but just who gave you permission to call me so informally? Yoongi-yah? What?!”

 

Hoseok burst into laughter as Yoongi tried to feign annoyance with the younger for earlier and even crossed his arms. Leaning forward, Hoseok pinched both of Yoongi’s cheeks and tugged his face in both directions while grinning as wide as possible.


“Yoongi-yah you love me the mostest!”

 

“Yah!”
 

Yanking away, Hoseok’s hands, the younger jumped up and darted away only to have his hyung chasing him around the living room and yelling at him that he was going to teach him a lesson in respect.

 

This was how things were supposed to be. This was how things were and this was how Hoseok would always like to keep it.

 

Soul Partners always and forever.