#92 - NamJin + OT7

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#92 - “You haven’t been answering my calls

NamJin (OT7 are present)

Word Count: 1492

 

Walking into a room full of six pairs of eyes staring at you, to say it was unnerving was an understatement. So, when Seokjin just the door behind him, he awkwardly waved and stumbled over his words,

 

“H-hey guys…”

 

No one said anything for a few moments so he busied himself with taking off his shoes and slipping into the only slippers at his door. Making his way further into the room, Namjoon who had been the furthest away, walked over towards him, chocolate eyes dark, hard, unwavering. He subconsciously gulped and glanced at the others, Jungkook was sitting on Yoongi’s lap, the elder's hand resting at the youngers hip, while his other arm rest on the arm of the couch, palm cupping his cheek as he gazed lazily and very clearly annoyed at Seokjin. Taehyung and Jimin were pressed into the cushions of his couch, taking up a good majority of the space, with Hoseok half on the other armrest, half on the couch, it was an awkward position but from the looks of it, they had all been there for awhile.

 

He didn’t have the biggest apartment in the world so it was sit there or on the floor. Namjoon he assumed had been pacing, he did that when he was troubled or anxious and considering the gaze he was receiving now Seokjin didn’t need to be there to know that had occurred.

 

“You haven’t been answering my calls.”

 

The words were so flat, calm, monotonous that it only worried the elder all the more. Namjoon didn’t get mad often but when he does it didn’t happen in a fit of rage like Jimin did. He didn’t just explode, he was quiet, calm, collected and his words could be so venomous that he never wanted to be on the receiving end especially because when you were there was nothing you could say. Somehow, the younger always seemed to be right.

 

Pulling out his phone from his pocket, he highlighted the screen and saw that he had missed 28 phone calls. 13 of them had been from Namjoon alone. Seokjin shrank into himself,

 

“Oh… My phone was on silent, I didn’t notice. I’m sorry.”

 

His ears picked up more than one sigh coming from the quartet on the couch. It was Yoongi who spoke first but not to Seokjin to the male who was sitting on his lap. Leaning into his ear, Yoongi patted the side of his thigh,

 

“Come on Jungkook-ah, let me up.” The younger looked over his shoulder, eyes questioning but a second later they cleared in understanding. The silent communication between them flowing as it had for months on end now. Standing up, Jungkook moved out of the way and Yoongi followed suit, the end of his shirt was ever so slightly being pulled on as the younger grabbed ahold with his fingertips and followed directly behind Yoongi. They made their way towards the door, stopping next to Namjoon and Seokjin. Yoongi squeezed his dongsaeng’s shoulder before turning towards his only hyung in the room.

 

“Seokjin hyung, I know you probably had your reasons but don’t worry Joon-ah like that.”

 

“Yeah, hyung. We were worried.” Jungkook added in as he glanced worriedly between Namjoon and Seokjin. He reached for Yoongi’s hand, automatically it was enveloped by the elders large hand.

 

“See ya later. Joon text me.” He nodded to Namjoon, met eyes with Jungkook who nodded slightly, that he was ready and they made their exit from their hyung’s apartment.

 

It wasn’t long after that Hoseok, Taehyung and finally Jimin stood up. Seokjin was still confused why they were all so worried, to the point that they were in his apartment, Namjoon had the spare key waiting for him. Sure it was about 2;30 in the morning but it was also a Saturday night. He could go out if he wanted to.

 

They each squeezed Namjoon’s shoulder or arm on their way past, Hoseok and Taehyung gave Seokjin sad but relieved looks. Each telling him that they were glad he was safe. Jimin however, he was seething with anger. It was ready to bubble over. He had never been good at hiding his feelings so when Taehyung looked back he moved right next to his best friend and took his hand in his, entwining their fingers, hoping to comfort and calm him.

 

“You should think about how you word things, hyung.”

 

His words were terse but resonated with Seokjin in a way that made him feel extreme guilt but he was still confused. Hoseok reached for Taehyung to hurry them out of the apartment. With the sound of the door clicking behind them, it left just Namjoon and Seokjin standing in the same spots staring at each other.

 

“I’m sorry Joonie. I really didn’t mean to worry you.” He bowed his head in regret.

 

“Do you even know why you’re saying sorry?”

 

The words caught him by surprise and Seokjin jerked his head up, mouth open at the ready to reply but he found he didn’t have words. He wasn’t fully sure. There was a second reason he needed to apologize but he had no idea.

 

Namjoon let out a sigh and walked away from him. This time his voice did raise, not too much, but enough.

“Seokjin look at your phone. Jesus, Seokjin. I can’t believe you could even say that and then just go out for hours on end, not letting anyone know what you’re up to. I mean… … I was so worried.” Namjoon was pacing back and forth, hands flying every which way while he got it all out.

 

Pulling open his messages, he reads the last text message he sent to the group chat.

 

Me 7:58pm: “I’m so tired with this ing day

 

This world

 

Everything”

 

For anyone else it might have seemed pretty innocent but they had experienced loss. Namjoon specifically. His closest friend before the seven of them had met, had left one day. Not only did he just leave without obvious warning signs but he stepped in front of a train. It wasn’t something he had even contemplated but as soon as he read the messages he understood why his boyfriend was so upset, why Jimin was so mad at him. Jimin had just gotten to know Namjoon not too long before this occurred and watched him fall to pieces and picked him back up.

 

“I-I… I’m sorry Namjoon-ah. I-I really didn’t mean it. I didn’t even think, my phone was on silent because of work and I never changed it. …” He stumbled forward towards the younger not sure how to approach him.

 

“You didn’t think?” Keeping his back towards his boyfriend, Namjoon tried to make the tears stop falling but they wouldn’t. He had been so close to just following suit, he couldn’t handle it if this happened a second time to him. Why did people just bottle things up inside and show a fake smile when they’re hurting. He would have done anything to help Chulsoo but he never even had the chance. It had all come back to him and he felt like he had been reliving it with Seokjin. He had ran himself ragged chasing him all over the city, only Yoongi was able to drag him back to Seokjin’s apartment and make him wait, promising him that it would be okay, that Seokjin would walk right back through that door.

 

Spinning around, grabbed Seokjin’s wrist and yanked him into a bone crushing hug. His hand reaching up to cradle his boyfriends head, he was still crying but he knew it would eventually stop.

 

“Jinnie, I-I can’t do it again. Don’t make me. Please don’t say something like that ever again. I love you too much. I love you. Don’t leave me.”

 

Wrapping his arms warmly around the younger, Seokjin tried his best to comfort him, running his hand up and down his back.

“I’m so sorry. I’ll never do that again. I promise Namjoon-ah. I promise.” Pulling back he cupped his cheeks in his hands and gazed directly into his eyes,

 

“Namjoon-ah, look at me. Listen. I love you, Kim Namjoon. Only you. I will never leave you unless you tell me to. Okay?” He waited patiently for the words to digest and the other to reply. He received a nod but Seokjin made him say it aloud,

 

“Okay?”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Good.” Seokjin said softly, his own eyes were watery with unshed tears but he ignored them, leaning in he pressed his lips softly against Namjoon’s again and again.

 

“I love you. I love you.”

 

He couldn’t seem to stop repeating it and Namjoon let him. They spent the rest of the night in each others warm embrace, reaffirming that Seokjin wouldn’t leave and Namjoon would never ask him to until finally the only thing that could be heard were their gentle breaths mingling as they drifted off into a peaceful slumber.