#52/60 - Taehyung x You

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

52/60 - “But… you promised/Tell me the truth. Please.”


Taehyung x You


Word count: 572


Avoiding your boyfriend wasn't something that you normally did. In fact, it wasn't something you ever did.


Until now.


It was proving a lot more difficult than you had anticipating. Glancing down at your phone you saw the 3 missed calls and 5 unread text messages from a certain somebody. Kim Taehyung. You weren't mad at him. That was actually quite the opposite but he made it so hard for you to keep a secret. Somehow the man always seemed to find out what you were hiding and almost always spoiled all of the gifts you got him. Surprises just weren't allowed with Kim Taehyung around.


It was Christmas Eve and you had already placed your gift to him under his small little tree in his apartment. There was strict instructions for him not to open it until Christmas day. The jerk had bad habits of accidentally ripping the paper and seeing what was inside.


Your phone rang again and you contemplating ignoring it. You knew he just wanted to bug you about his gift but this year you were out of town and wouldn't be able to see him on Christmas. Despite all of his whining you really wanted to hear his voice. Swiping your finger over your phone, you answered his call.


“Yes, Taehyung?”


You faked annoyance at all of the messages he had left you.


“Baby, why haven't you answered me? Are you ignoring me?” the whine was evident in his voice and you sighed.


“Kim Taehyung, what did I tell you when I left?”


“That you love me and I can open the present as soon as we talk on the phone.” He quipped excitedly and much too cutely for your liking. Laughing at the boy you shook your head as if he could see you.


“Oppa, how are you so bad at waiting?”


Pulling out all the stops Taehyung continued to try and win you over.


“But you promised...Tell me the truth. Please. It's a spaceship since you say I'm so much like that six guy from that game you’re always playing even though you have a loving boyfriend right here.”


This made you giggle, oh goodness your boyfriend was such a dork sometimes. You couldn't believe he was actually still jealous over the otome game you were playing because it's ridiculous addicting.


“His name is Seven or Saeyoung, Tae. And no I didn't get you a spaceship model. The box isn't even big enough for that, silly. Just wait a little longer. I have to open gifts with my family and then we can Skype and open them together.”


Hearing a huff on the other end, you could just picture his pouting face. If you could you would squish it, he can be so adorable sometimes.


“Alright, alright jagi but don't ignore me anymore. I just really miss you.” A soft smile spread across your lips. Taehyung could be truly sweet and loving. He always managed to make you feel so warm and safe. You didn't want to leave his embrace for anything and right now you wanted to just go right back home to him. Unfortunately you couldn't do that right this moment. Soon though.


“I miss you too, Taehyung-ah. Soon. I'll see you soon okay?”


“Not soon enough… I love you.” The last words he said we're soft and shy but so genuine you would be smiling for the rest of the day.