#49 - JungHope

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#49 - “Fine. I surrender. You win.”

JungHope

Word Count: 1075

 
 

It had been six days of Hoseok’s persistence. Jungkook was to the point that he was hiding. Yes, he was hiding in the exact place all of his friends would know that he was. The best place to hide was in the most obvious of locations. Or more like, he was hiding in the one place that no one bothered him in because he was working. They knew how seriously he took his music and respected that. However, Jungkook had been in his makeshift studio for about two hours and he couldn’t stop looking at the door, expecting for someone to walk through the door. More specifically for a tuft of black hair that strains to be parted in the middle, sticking through the door frame. It was never there.

 

Sighing and running his hand through his sandy colored hair, he turned back towards his computer and prayed that he could actually focus on this beat he was trying to make. It wasn’t working out. In the last two hours he had gotten down half the lyics translated but nothing memorized because he just kept glancing at his damn door. All of the anxiety of how the older male could bother him today with his over the top and fake declarations had him distracted.

 

Slipping down in his chair, he threw his head back and closed his eyes. This was bull. How the hell Jung Hoseok was bothering him so much that he couldn’t even focus on the passion in his life was utterly ridiculous. Feeling his pocket buzz, Jungkook opened one eye and stared at his jeans. He wasn’t sure if he wanted to open the message. He knew it was a message and he was almost positive who it was but maybe, just maybe if he opened it he could finally focus on his work. Slipping the iphone out of his pocket he opened the message and saw the name Hoseok hyung resting on the top of the screen.

 

Hoseok hyung: Jungkook-ah? Are you busy?

 

Hoseok hyung: I need to talk to you.

 

Shaking his head, Jungkook slipped the phone back in his pocket. As if the kid was going to be any more serious than he had been earlier in the week. Professing his love, through silly songs about pager codes that like 143 and sticky notes on his mirror and a freaking omurice with ketchup like they were in a freaking anime. He was really starting to wonder what kind of bet Hoseok and Jimin had going. Or Taehyung, maybe all three. Something was going on but he couldn’t figure out what. Regardless, he hadn’t given in to any of it. A soft rap on his door alerted him to a presence that he could already guess was the same person who just text him. Poking his head through the door that Jungkook hadn’t said he could enter. Not bothering to pretend he was deep into his music that truly had gone nowhere, Jungkook spun his chair around to face the elder. "What now, hyung?" A nervous smile graced his lips as he slipped through the door and shut it behind him. Moving further into the room, he took a seat on the couch as close to Jungkook as possible. Leaning his arms on his knees, Hoseok rubbed the palms of his hands together eyes dancing from Jungkook down to the floor and back again.

 

"Are you going to say anything, or?"

 

Jungkook leaned back in his chair with his arms across his chest. Hoseok bit his lip and honestly, it was really weird. The whole atmosphere felt heavier than he had ever felt it before. Raising an eyebrow, Jungkook continued to gaze at Hoseok waiting for him to speak so he could get back to his day. Or what was left of his day.

 

"Jungkookie, I uh...I've been trying to tell you something for days but..." Hoseok ran his tongue over his lips taking a moment to collect himself again. The younger sighed for the second time, "Oh, not this again. Alright, what's the bet? Tell me the bet and maybe I'll help you out."

 

His eyes squinted in confusion, "Bet? What bet?" letting out his own deep sigh, Hoseok rubbed his hand gruffly over his mouth and chin. Raising his gaze back to Jungkook's, "Do you seriously think that I've been messing with you this entire time?" The air shifted and Jungkook suddenly felt very uncomfortable in his own skin. Shifting in his chair he gazed to the side of his hyung and didn't know how to respond without very obviously upsetting the man. He was serious? That wasn't something that Jungkook had ever thought was possible. Hoseok was so bright, happy, easily excitable, full of energy and Jungkook just, well he just wasn't. He was a lot of things but he didn't match Hoseok in the slightest. Sometimes Hoseok could bring those sides out in him and did much more than anyone else could but he hadn't thought it was anything more than that. Just a good friendship they had.

 

Not saying saying was more than enough for Hoseok. Reaching forward he took Jungkook's twitching hand in his own and the soft pad of his thumb brushed over the top of Jungkook's hand. "I was being serious each and every day this week. Do I need to confess for the seventh time Jungkook-ah or are you finally going to give me a response?" His eyes flickered to meet Hoseok's for barely a second, just enough for him to have it confirmed once more that his hyung was sincere. This wasn't something he had ever fathomed would happen but here Jungkook was finding his fingers moving on their own, entwining with Hoseok's and slowly raising his gaze once more to his best friend, confidant and maybe more.

 

Maybe he really had always been just a little more than everyone else.

 

“Fine. I surrender. You win.”

 

The smile that Hoseok gave him was warmer than the sun, he wanted to bathe in it forever. Without any words, Hoseok stood up making sure not to let go of the other's hand and leaned over him he immediately brushed his lips against the others. He barely pulled back, lips still brushing against Jungkook's as he said, "I've wanted to do that for so long." Jungkook's lips twitched up in a smile, "Me too." he whispered before kissing the other once more.