#15 - TaeGi

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#15 - "Stay by my side...please"

Taegi

Word Count: 887

 

It wasn’t often that Taehyung was down. He almost always had that boxy grin special to him on his face with those twinkling eyes. Twinkling eyes full of happiness that Min Yoongi secretly admired but would never admit out loud to. That didn’t matter though, Taehyung pretended he didn’t know and Yoongi pretended he didn’t care. It was a cycle that worked for the two. Taehyung was always one to bug him the most. Playful touches, pokes, prodding, his face swooping in front of Yoongi’s when he was trying to focus on the lyrics he was reading on his phone. Taehyung always got pushed away but not before he saw the twitch at the corners of Yoongi’s lips and that was enough. He’d run off to go pounce on Hoseok, pinch Jungkook’s cheeks and swing hands with Jimin. Another cycle the two had. It worked.

 

However, on the days that Taehyung was down. He didn’t try and hide it. How could he? That kid wore his heart on his damn sleeve all the time. Yoongi worried. It was evident in the little wrinkle between his brows that would appear as he subtly looked over at the boy from his phone. Most didn’t catch it, but Taehyung knew. He always knew. For one who was all over the place all the time, he was actually one of the most observant. Perhaps because he was all over the place, he could see so much more of what was going on. When the boxy grin was gone, it lasted for much too long but that was just the way he coped. Days of bright smiles and laughter with a day or two of dark storm clouds. Most of the guys in the group left him alone but would make sure to check up on him from time to time. Yoongi was the only one who didn’t go over to him. It might appear mean but Taehyung knew better. This was yet another one of their cycles. The others prodded and Yoongi just sat worried at the sidelines waiting for the younger to be ready to share his problems. Sometimes Taehyung was ready and other times he never was. It was those times that he’d find a special treat, from a snack he loved or a drink next to his bed the next morning. No note was there but it was unnecessary. The shared gaze over the breakfast table was enough. Silent thank you’s and no problem’s were exchanged but never, are you okay’s. Taehyung didn’t like to be asked that question and Yoongi respected that.

 

A soft rap on the Genius Lab door sounded and if it had been any other day, Yoongi wouldn’t have heard. Headphones would be securely on his ears and beats a mixing. Today wasn’t any day though, it was a day that Taehyung was down. It was a day that his hyung always left himself available to the younger. Silently waiting for their mutual agreement to come into play.

 

“Hyung…”

 

A whisper lead to the raven-haired man in the chair to spin around. No smiles were exchanged but Taehyung made his way further into the room gaining entrance. Pulling a stool over, Taehyung took a seat on it and looked at the computer screen in front of the two. It wasn’t long before the younger rested his head against his hyung’s shoulder and placed a hand on his thigh. It was quiet between the two. Yoongi continued reworking some lyrics he had been messing with for the last couple of days. It was the only thing he could do that didn’t require headphones and much more concentration. After a few minutes, Yoongi’s hand slid over the one that was resting on his thigh. Thin, knobby fingers wrapping around the younger’s slim ones. Taehyung let out a comforted sigh.

 

“Stay by my side… please,” Taehyung’s voice came out fragile much to Yoongi’s chagrin. For once, it was hard for him to hide his frown but luckily the younger was continuing to stare at the bright screen in front of him. Yoongi looked down at his dongsaeng with fond eyes. It was a deeper fondness than he showed for the other boys and he only allowed it when the two of them were alone. As much of a private person Yoongi was, it had more to do with the implications that this could bring if anyone else noticed any tiny thing. They were constantly being scrutinized and he never wanted Taehyung to have to go through more hardship than he already did. The younger male brushed a lot off but he was a little on the sensitive side.

 

Pressing his lips to Taehyung’s forehead, Yoongi kissed him gently.

 

“Always.”

 

Raising his head back, the younger stared up into Yoongi’s dark, dark but very warm eyes. It wasn’t the biggest but a smile was there, a smile that reached Taehyung’s eyes, a smile that warmed Yoongi’s heart. A smile that spoke so many more words than either of them shared. Yoongi bent down and brushed his lips over Taehyung’s thin ones. It was short and chaste, barely any skin touching any skin but it wasn’t the first kiss they shared and it wouldn’t be the last.

 

It may though,

 

It may have been the sweetest one thus far.