#102 - Taehyung x You

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#102 - “Do you want to hear me say it? Fine! I’m in love with you!”

Taehyung x You

Word Count: 533

 

Exasperated, your round eyes darted away from his cold dark ones. When had they lost their warmth? When had the two of you gotten here. In the middle of a semi-fancy restaurant making a scene. You couldn’t feel all the eyes from the waitress and waiter on a few tables away on the left, the patrons trying to enjoy their own dinner and casually glancing over every two seconds and lets not forget the ones who just love drama unfolding in front of them and are blatantly staring at the pair of you.

 

Taehyung’s knife clattered loudly on the glass plate that held his half eaten steak, barely touched broccoli and almost devoured mashed potatoes. When had you both become this couple. Your hands gripped the utensils so hard your knuckles were turning white and a tremor could just barely be seen but you could feel it. Your whole body was thrumming with anger.

 

You were tired.

 

He wasn’t even here even if his body was.

 

Where did the love go?

 

“Do you want to hear me say it? Fine! I’m in love with you!”

 

He spit the words at you so vehemently that if you were standing up you’d have taken a step back, shocked, scared and just so sad. If it wasn’t clear before, it was clear now. He had drifted away from you years ago, maybe you had drifted too. You had been clinging to the past for so long, because you knew how good you two were together. You knew how sweet he was, how warm his touch felt, how bright his laughter was and how sweet his lips tasted on yours. Everything had been sour for days upon days, months upon months, years upon years. It didn’t even matter who has strayed off your happily ever after path first. All that was in front of you was a dark road full of thorns, crooked branches in your way, moss overgrown choking you as you try to pick you way along the path.

 

Placing your utensils down softly on the barely touched dinner you had lost your appetite for long ago, you slid the white silver band off of your left hand, fourth finger. Standing up you walked next to where that beautiful dark haired man, with those sweet caramel brown eyes and boxy beautiful smile that would light up your soul. He wasn’t there but it was the memory you wanted to see before you changed everything forever. Setting the ring down on the table next to his large soft hands you almost couldn’t bring yourself not to touch just one more time.

 

“Yes, Taehyung-ah, that’s what I wanted you to say three years ago and mean it.”

 

The smile you left him with wasn’t sad but it was final and for the first time in too long, you didn’t look back. You didn’t need to anymore. This was right, it felt right, it was good. The rush of air back into your lungs felt so refreshing, you hadn’t realized just how much you had been drowning until that first step away from the love you once had, from a love you’d always cherish, an old wonderful love.