Writer's Choice - Namjoon x You

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

 

Namjoon x You

#35 - “How am I supposed to forget it like it never happened?” Pt. 1

Word Count: 1311

(A/N: This can be read as a stand alone or with the addition of Pt. 2)

 

P.A.R.T.Y

Those five letters made up what had gotten you through most of this semester. Being a party-er had previously not been your ideal choice of extra-(non)curricular activity but, who knew what happened this fall semester. Maybe it was the stress of taking chemistry and calculus together. What had possessed you to do so? Math was a subject you actually liked back in high school. College though, college was not high school. So much so that here you found yourself at another house party. Six shots of tequila in and 4 glasses of that dangerous pour-whatever-you-bring-to-the-party punch, that didn’t have a taste anymore. Let’s not even go by the keg that was set up. Nope, you had done handstands last weekend anyway.

 

Red solo cup in hand you danced your way between bodies only to bump into a familiar one.

 

“Namjoon oppa!”

 

You called over the pounding bass, with pleasant surprise. He apologized but you quickly waved it away with your drink sloshing subtly over the rim of the cup.

 

“Dance with me.”

 

Grabbing his and you placed it on your hip, not giving him a moment to even process your words over the loud music. Moving closer, your hips pressed into his and you smiled up at him, albeit a little unfocused. Alcohol will do that to a girl. The rest of the night was a blur but who knew Namjoon could be the King of the Dance Floor.

 

Upon waking up to a very loud alarm, you groggily turned it off right before your phone slipped from your grasp and tumbled to the floor.

 

“Ugh…” Lying with an arm thrown over your eyes you kept them closed for a few more moments. However, your part-time job was calling. No one wanted to be at the campus on a Saturday but some sad losers still had classes and they most definitely needed their coffee. Pulling all your lackluster energy together you pushed yourself to get out of bed.



 

Rushing into the makeshift coffee stand, you briskly said hello to Junghyun, your co worker. Running a hand through your barely brushed hair, you set your purse and keys in the little cubby, grabbed an apron and turned to stare innocently at the boy whistling suggestively to you.

 

“What?”

Junghyun just grinned, wiggling his eyebrows.

 

“Was it such a crazy night that you didn’t even have time to hide the evidence. Damn, it must have been good.”

 

Staring at him with wide and quickly growing frustrated eyes, you waited for him to explain.

 

“Uh, um, excuse me?” A meek voice interrupted.

 

Great, first customer of the day. Dropping it, you whipped around and the charm, smiles and sweet voice aimed at the customer.

 

“Sorry about that. What can I get for you?”

 

The snickers from Junghyun as he began grabbing the ingredients for a caramel macchiato made your eye twitch in annoyance. However, you did your job while trying to recall last night's events. You had taken too many shots, that was for sure.

 

A line had begun to form, which normally wouldn’t bother you as it meant that the time would go by fast. Junghyun though, had a smirk every time he caught your eye. It was making you want to dive into your purse for the compact that you almost never had. He must be talking about a hickey, but, when?! There couldn’t be one. Maybe you just smelled like booze? You showered thought. Groaning softly, you raised your eyes to the next customer and saw your dancing king.

 

“Oppa! You have class today?”

 

Namjoon smiled at you shyly, that right simple shining at you.

 

“Unfortunately, I just need to get this class out of the way, ya know?”

 

You nodded and brushed your hair behind your hair out of habit. You hated it in your face while you were working but had forgotten a hair band this morning. Namjoon’s expression changed drastically. He began coughing and hesitantly pointing but reaching towards you and was that pink dusting his ears and cheeks? He looked almost embarrassed.

 

“Uh, um, here. Y-you should, uh, leave your hair down.” He coughed again and scratched the side of his head, not quite meeting your gaze.

 

The snickers behind you only confirmed the nightmare you were in right now. Completely embarrassed your cheeks flushed red and your hands immediately when to fix your hair, trying to hide the evidence of hopefully only one hickey. Namjoon leaned in towards you, raising his eyes for just a few seconds,

 

“I’m sorry a-about that.” It took a few seconds to understand what he was talking about.

 

It was hard to comprehend how you could even be as embarrassed you were right now. You didn’t even know what to say. Did you really? No. You and Namjoon oppa? No. No…

 

“What?”

 

Oops, those words weren’t supposed to come out. Too late. You weren’t sure if you wanted him to answer though. The dark haired man in front of you blushed even harder and stuttered out his sentence again, while pointing towards your neck. Unable to hide your shock you stared at him wide-eyed and just blanked out. You had known Namjoon since high school. Neither of you had been close before and it wasn’t until spring of this year that the two of you had really started to become friends. Romance? That had never even cropped up, no casual flirting, nothing. So, the fact that Namjoon was indicating that he had been on your neck just last night… What the hell was up with the fluttering in your stomach just now?! No, that wasn’t welcome.

 

Turning around you snapped your fingers at Junghyun, he glanced up not even perturbed and stopped humming.

 

“Cover me, please. I have to, uh-yeah.”

 

The boy just chuckled and waved you off.

 

“Go get ‘em tiger.” He even growled.

 

Ignoring your co worker as best as you could, you walked out of the makeshift coffee stand and motioned for Namjoon to follow you. Walking out of earshot, you stopped near the corner of building C.

 

The two of you stared at each other not really sure how to begin this conversation.

 

“Last night-”

 

“What happened?”Being blunt was the way to go. The taller man had been looking down at you with a small smile but it fell flat.

 

“You don’t remember?” Biting your lip and looking away you shook your head. There was silence and then a softly muttered,

 

“…” Namjoon ran his hand through his silky locks.

 

“Yuuni-yah,” There was affection there but you couldn’t tell what kind and you really didn’t want him to feel bad for your poor choices.

 

“Oppa, don’t worry about it. It was a party, things happened. Just forget it. It’s okay.” You held is gaze not wanting to be weak and make sure it was okay. It would be okay. You could forget about it. Hell you didn’t even remember it.

 

His dark brown eyes never left yours, not until you finally had to look down. Your point had been established, that was enough. Standing there quietly, you could feel his eyes boring into you. The awkward, nervous atmosphere had dissipated and became more like murky waters. Was he angry, disappointed or just surprised? It wasn’t something you could decipher right now.

 

“Well, I need to get back to work…” The words softly left your lips, almost a whisper and you made to move past him but his large hand grasped your wrist tightly.

 

“How am I supposed to forget it like it was nothing?”

 

What you couldn’t decipher before hit you like a ton of bricks the moment his raspy deep voice filled your ears.

 

“Yuuni-yah… Don’t make me forget it.” he pleaded in a small voice as you shook free and walked back to work.