#5 - TaeKook

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#5 - “Roses are red. Violets are blue. If you were a Pokemon, I’d choose you.” – Taekook
Word Count: 777

 

If it wasn’t for a certain person named Kim Taehyung, Jungkook would still be in his house playing Overwatch. Which up until about twenty or so minutes ago he would have much rather preferred to be playing. It was comfy, air conditioned, and you could lounge in your pj’s without having to worry about putting on his shoes or anything.

There wasn’t anyone else but his best friend who could manage to him into another world. “Yes! I got him. Magikarp you’re mine!” Those words certainly didn’t just come out of his mouth while pumping a fist in the air. Nope, there was no excitement from Jungkook playing this stupid Pokemon Go craze that everyone was into, including the jerk best friend who had pulled him from the comfort of his bed to force you to play Pokemon Go with him.

Taehyung looked his way after sending another one of his Pokemon to the professor for candy instead and smirked.

“You know magikarp are pretty low on the totem poll right?”

Not even bothering to look at him, Jungkook watched as the magikarp registered in your pokedex. “Soo? I want that big snake thingy it turns into. You said it turned into one.” When his laughter floated through the air he looked up, giving him a low grade glare for making fun of him right now. Pokemon was something Jungkook knew of for as long as he can remember but it wasn’t as if he had actually played the games or watched the shows enough to know more than a handful of them.

Turning back to his game as Jungkook felt his phone vibrate alerting him to the presence of another Pokemon, you decided to ignore your friend who was teasing you. His hand slid around your waist and warm breath ghosted along his left ear, “Roses are red, violets are blue, if you were a Pokemon, I’d choose you.” His deep voice resonated in Jungkook’s ear drum and gave him a strange feeling, prickling the back of his neck. Without missing a beat Jungkook smacked him in the chest with his hand, “Ha, ha, very funny Tae.” Taehyung hadn’t let go of his friend’s waist and after another moment passed by Jungkook looked down at his hand then tried to peel it off. “Why are you still touching me?”

Raising his eyes up to the boy that was only a tiny bit taller than himself was a mistake. It was painstakingly obvious what was about to occur and it made Jungkook’s heart race but not in the cute adorable butterflies type of way. You were full of dread. There had been one other time he had felt this way and thought the two of you had squashed it and moved on. Wrong, wrong wrong.

“I mean it, Jungkook-ah.” He said filling each syllable with every bit of his emotions that Jungkook really didn’t want to hear right now.


Successfully peeling Taehyung’s hand off, he stepped away from his best friend. Jungkook looked down at his feet, while his hand curled into his hair, he tugged on it awkwardly. Hurting Taehyung was the last thing that Jungkook wanted to do but while he seemed to have all these feelings for him, the only ones he had were platonic.

“Taehyung-ah.”

His eyes shifted from baring all of his love, to practically pleading with Jungkook. Glancing up at them was another mistake and caused him a physical pain he wished to never feel again.

“Can’t you just pretend to love me? Just once?” His voice cracked as he pleaded. Taehyung’s warm hand took Jungkook’s in his and he entwined his fingers.

Taking a deep breath and a squeeze of his hand, Jungkook raised his head determined to be strong and say what needed to be said while praying that he’d understand. “Taehyung-ah, I do love you. You’re absolutely irreplaceable to me but I don’t love you in any other way than as a friend, as a brother. I can’t be that person for you.” Somehow Jungkook had begun to squeeze Taehyung’s hand even harder as if that would somehow give him the strength to continue and break his heart for the second time.

“I’ll always be by your side, Tae. As a friend only. I-if you need time I understand.”

Letting go of Taehyung’s hand, he willed him to see through his eyes and feel through his words—the sincerity behind Jungkook’s words and know how much he loved him. As much as Jungkook wanted to give him the world, this wasn’t something he could give. Jungkook didn’t choose, his heart did, and his heart didn’t beat for Kim Taehyung.