#102 - JiHope

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#102 - “Can we stay inside?”

JiHope

Word Count: 1271

 

“What?”

A dressed to the nines, fringe up, eyeliner on point, ripped jeans and a black a tad snug shirt showing off the curves of his dancers muscles as he moved Hoseok asked. He was unsure of what he heard from his roommate. Fixing a few stray hairs of his fringe in the bathroom mirror for another few seconds. He had already done this three times prior.

“Can we stay inside?”

The voice that called to Hoseok was meek and that was very strange. Hoseok couldn’t remember a time that the younger male had ever sounded meek. He was almost always bouncing off the walls, loud and noisy. There were times when he was brooding and quiet but that still wasn’t meek. Turning his head towards the open door of the bathroom, he saw a mop of wonderfully fading orange hair, leaning on the door frame.

“Jimin-ah, we’ve had these plans all week.”

The gaze they were sharing was dropped as the younger kept trying to dig his toes into the carpet as if it was sand and he could get underneath it, eyes glued to his own movements.

“I know hyung… but…” he took a deep breath before continuing in a rush,

“We’vegoneouteverydaythisweekandi’mtiredIjustwanttostayhomeandcuddle.”

Hoseok watched as Jimin bit his lip, while trying to decipher all that his roommate had just said. It ran together but he thought he figured out a good portion of it. Taking a step closer, he lifted Jimin’s chin to reach his and saw the bags under his eyes, they weren’t terrible but they were present. The younger was wearing one of Hoseok’s old shirts that he had actually stolen and cut the left side near the shoulder, for some reason it was Jimin’s signature cut. Sweatpants and only had one blue sock on. Sighing, Hoseok nodded.

“Alright, I won’t make you go. I’ll try to be quiet.”

The pout was instantaneous on Jimin’s lips. He reached out a sleeve that was hiding a hand and gripped onto a small bit of Hoseok’s shirt that was tucked into the front of his pants.

“…Hyung..”

Looking down at Jimin’s hand placement, he frowned. He was beginning to worry, this wasn’t the Jimin that he knew and lived with for the last eight months.

“Is everything okay, Minnie?”

It wasn’t often that Hoseok called him this, it was only when he was either feeling very affection or worried. Noticing this, Jimin began to shake his head no. He was fine, he really was. They had somehow ended up going out every single night this week and it was Saturday now. That was a full five days of partying and it was fun but he was tired. He just wanted a night on the couch with bad cable television and maybe he’d like to curl up next to Hoseok. They both were comfortable and seemed to enjoy skinship. It wasn’t unusual for Hoseok to rest his head against Jimin’s shoulder while they vegged out on the couch, or for Jimin to lay his head in the Hoseok’s lap. Jimin would often play with the elder’s hair whenever they were near, it was a habit he couldn’t seem to break. It would be nice to do that again.

“Stay inside with me, please?”

He was nibbling on his lip, antsy in anticipation of the other’s response but instead he cut the elder short.

“It’s okay, just go. Have fun. You look hot.” Backing out of the doorway, Jimin grinned halfheartedly and held two thumbs up before turning around and quickly making his way to the couch. Flouncing down he grabbed the remote and began channel surfing. He was trying his hardest not to pay attention to his hyung who had gone to his bedroom, probably to grab his wallet and keys. Finally settling on something, Jimin stared at the screen and zoned out. He was lost in his thoughts and didn’t even really know what the images on the screen looked like. He curled his toes in between the cushions as he leaned against the arm of the couch.

Feeling the couch cushion dip, Jimin looked to the left and saw his roommate in a white tee with navy basketball shorts. Hoseok’s hair was still all styled but he could tell that a hand had tried to run through a few times and the eyeliner had been removed but there was a smudge along the corner of his left eye. It was hard but he managed to keep himself from smiling by biting down on the inside of his cheek.

“Hoseok hyung?”

A brow raised as if to challenge Jimin to fully ask the question they both knew he was asking.

“Are you really watching that?” Taking the remote out of his roommate’s hand he starts changing the channel a few times before deciding on a sitcom. Moving closer, Jimin leaned his head against the elder’s shoulder, to which, Hoseok just wrapped his arm around the younger pulling him close. The feeling in Jimin’s chest was explosive, it was like fireworks but at the same time it was like slipping into a hot bath and feeling all of the knots in your back just unwinding. He watched the show for a few minutes but he kept peeking over at Hoseok. He couldn’t seem to stop himself. It was to the point that he knew the other noticed but ignored it, deciding to let him speak when he was ready.

Skinship was normal amongst them, it always had been. Hoseok always made him feel content, safe and wanted. Sometimes he felt awkward even within his own circle of friends and they may have more to do with past traumas than not fitting in but every now and then it claimed him. Being around Hoseok or coming home to Hoseok always managed to soothe his soul. Without fail. Leaning closer, Hoseok couldn’t help but turn his head to look at the younger but Jimin took this opening to brush his lips against the others. It was chaste, sweet and he didn’t regret it. Raising his eyes shyly to Hoseok’s blown pupils he scratched the left side of his jaw while looking off to the side. He had always loved the little beauty mark on Hoseok’s upper lip and his eyes found that spot once more. A soft hand cupped his cheek and slid down to his neck pulling Jimin back in. The fervor in which Hoseok kissed the younger took his breath away. It was insistent, as if the other didn’t just want to kiss him but needed to. When Hoseok finally let go of Jimin and it wasn’t without a little lingering on his bottom lip, his hand was back up to Jimin’s cheek, caressing it with the pad of his thumb.

“Maybe we should stay inside more often.”

Jimin grinned, as bright and beautiful as Hoseok had always thought he was but couldn’t find a way to express. He nodded eagerly, dashing in for a quick peck on his lips, and another and another.

“I think so.”

Scooting back, the younger laid down, resting his head in Hoseok’s lap, facing the television once more. He raised his hand trying to grab Hoseok’s arm, he only met air but Hoseok noticed and placed it in his grasp for the younger to wrap it around him, holding his hand in his. The two definitely had a few things to talk about but that could wait for the moment. For now, they were just enjoying each other’s company, warmth, safety and the feeling of being wanted and better yet, it being reciprocated.