#48 - JinKook

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#48 - “Hey, I’ve seen you before…”

JinKook

Word Count: 721

 

Today couldn’t get any worse. Seokjin couldn’t stop muttering that underneath his breath as he sat in the waiting room of his dentist’s office. It was already bad simply because he had the appointment. Not to mention he had stubbed his toe, the coffee table knocked into his shin, cut himself while shaving and the barista had forgotten sugar in his morning coffee but he had gone through the drive-thru so no turning back.

 

“Kim Seokjin-ssi?”

 

A sweet voice called from the formidable brown door across the waiting area. Letting out a deep sigh, he stood up and formed a tight smile to the bright pearly whites that were greeting him from the Dental Hygienist for his routine cleaning. It wasn’t a familiar face, hmm… Must have hired someone new.

 

“Hi, my name is Jungkook. I’ll be the one poking around in there today.”

 

Poking around in there? Was that supposed to be funny or relaxing? Seokjin wasn’t sure but he tried not to hold it against the guy, he seemed young. Nodding, he followed quietly and let the Hygienist explain to him everything he had already heard for the last eight years of his life that he actually paid attention.

 

Seokjin missed the look of confusion that crossed what he assumed to be the younger's face as he sank into the chair and laid back. Honestly, the only good thing about seeing the dentist was their chairs. Something had to be comfortable after all, people were shoving sharp metal instruments in your mouth. Thinking about that made him shiver.

 

Jungkook was pretty quick and efficient, as painless as one could be when at the dentist. So far, the appointment was going well. The pleasant chatter Jungkook managed to provide that was soft and not overwhelming helped as well. That was until he just stopped leaving Seokjin to start drooling and it run down his chin.

 

“Uhh..” he tried to gain the younger’s attention while staring at Jungkook who kept staring back at him.

 

“Hey, I’ve seen you before- Oh I’m so sorry.” Reaching over he picked up the corner of the napkin clipped to him like a bib and wiped away the drool while grabbing his suction tool and clearing up some of the saliva Seokjin unfortunately couldn’t stop producing.

 

“You’re the guy from next door who was cursing down the hall this morning. Is your shin alright? You kept half walking half rubbing it.”

 

Seokjin wasn’t sure his eyes could grow any wider than they already were. A strangled type of sound came out that was supposed to be “.” left his vocal cords. Good job Seokjin, aid the hygienist by proving you were the one cursing down the hallway of your one-night stands apartment.

 

His ears and neck were turning red in embarrassment. Making it beyond obvious for Jungkook and then a sheepish expression glazed over him. The younger was embarrassed to, quickly putting together what had occurred without Seokjin even saying anything. Damn, were Dental Hygienist always this quick?

 

“Ah, yeah, it’s not a big deal. I just, I mean. You looked familiar in the waiting room and I couldn’t pinpoint it but… uh, you need to floss a bit more Seokin-ssi. You do pretty well in the front but towards the back, there’s quite a bit of tartar. Just go a little slower and be diligent and I’m sure you’ll be golden.” A shy smile was tossed his way as the younger finished up.

 

This day really couldn’t get any worse. As soon as he was completely freed from the chair, Seokjin walked as fast as possible to the front but Jungkook insisted on walking him there. He knew the way, he could go by himself, as if he needed to be anymore embarrassed.

 

“Thank you.” He said curtly and turned to face one of the receptionists but not before seeing Jungkook wave and add,

 

“See you around, Seokjin-ssi.”

 

There was something in the way that the man had said those words that Seokjin knew he was meaning not just inside this office.

 

“.” This earned an alarmed look from the older woman, he frowned rushing to apologize and get the hell out of there. He would need a new dentist and a new bed buddy. Damn it, he had just found a good one too.