#88/56 - HopeKook

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#88/56 - "I think I need a hug?"/"Did you just throw that at me?"

HopeKook

Word Count: 402

 

“Yah! Jeon Jungkook! Did you just throw that at me?” Hoseok waved around an Iron Man plush that certainly wasn’t his. He stared harshly at the younger male who was lounging on the bed in his room. Jungkook let his head lull to the side so that way he could see the person who was yelling at him. Instead of answering, he just shrugged and turned the other way once more. This left the older man standing in the hallway, just outside the bedroom inspecting the younger’s odd actions.

 

Hoseok and him were roommates since Jungkook’s freshman year in college and things had been good for the two years that they lived together. They co-existed well, didn’t really get into too many arguments. For the most part they had their own space but also spent a lot of time together enjoying each others company. Honestly, Jungkook was the best roommate he had had. His last one well, it’s best just not to talk about that guy.

 

Walking into the dark bedroom, Hoseok took a seat on the bed next to Jungkook’s legs. For some reason the kid was lying on his bed sideways, legs hanging off partially. Patting the others bum, Hoseok gazed at Jungkook with concern.


“What’s up?”

 

They both knew what he meant by that, there wasn’t any playful lilt in his voice like there normally was. It was very steady and inquiring. Jungkook let out a sigh, he wasn’t always the best with feelings and words and he didn’t really feel like talking. Hoseok poked him in the side now, becoming impatient and both of them knew that he wasn’t leaving until he got some type of answer. Jungkook sat up after another moment, hands resting on his thigh, fingers playing with each other. Seeing that he was able to really get the younger’s attention, Hoseok waited patiently for the other to open up.It took, really only a few seconds but it felt like ten minutes to Hoseok.

 

“I think I need a hug.”

 

His words were meek and barely above a whisper but Hoseok’s frown turned into an expression of compassion. Without a word he moved closer and wrapped the younger into his embrace. Jungkook rested his chin on the elder's shoulder and instantly deflated, all of his tense anxiety just slipped on out, like a water balloon popping.

 

“Hugs are always free for you Jungkookie. Always.”