#1/51 - “You do realize that we’re locked in, right?/”I swear it’s not mine!”

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#1/51 - “You do realize that we’re locked in, right?/”I swear it’s not mine!”

TaeJin

Word Count: 1832

 

Holding up the offending and obnoxious bright orange underwear, Seokjin turned his eyes sharply to his boyfriend, with his left eyebrow perfectly cocked.

 

“I swear it’s not mine!”

 

Listening to the instantaneous denial made Seokjin scoff. He turned the underwear in a direction that Taehyung could see the initials on the tag in black sharpie.


“Really, Taehyung? Really?”

 

Throwing the orange undies at Taehyung, they hit him in the chest. Catching them Taehyung examined the tag and his face fell. They were indeed his underwear. If they had been anywhere but in Jungkook’s bedroom right now, it wouldn’t have been a problem. Recently, the two students had been getting close really fast. They just meshed well together and having two of the same classes that also gave projects didn’t help with them having to spend time together. Seokjin had already graduated, so it wasn’t like their schedules always matched up being a chef at a restaurant called for long hours and odd ones at times too. The two still saw each other often but Jungkook had still gotten in between some quality time on more than one occasion of over the past couple of weeks.

 

“Can we go now? I can’t believe you dragged me to the guy’s apartment that you’ve been cheating on me with.” Seokjin throws his hands up in the air, his frustration and waning patient very much noted in his tone.

 

“Actually, this. I’ll just leave. Have fun with your new toy. I don’t need this .” He refused to meet Taehyung’s eyes as he went for the door. Taehyung’s panic had him at a standstill he didn’t know which to do first. Stop Seokjin from hitting an embarrassing roadblock or stop Seokjin from misunderstanding. In his panic, he froze and Seokjin had already made it to the door.

 

“Uh, you do realize that we’re locked in, right?”

 

Shaking the doorknob, Seokjin had forgot the door had somehow jammed and they were locked in this god forsaken bedroom that smelled like old socks but he really needed to get out of this place. Right now. His emotions were attacking him from every angle and he just really, really didn’t want to cry in front of Taehyung. Now was not the time.

 

Yelling in frustration he kicked the door, not that it helped, it didn’t and it just hurt his big toe. Taehyung approached slowly and placed his hand on his boyfriend’s wrist but it was jerked back like his touch was hot coals from a fire. A frown replaced any previous happiness, Taehyung had from being able to spend time with his boyfriend. He had unfortunately left his wallet at Jungkook’s the other night and the younger male had text him that he had put it in his room and where the spare key was. Except, now the door to his room was having issues and they were stuck until the younger got home in about four hours.

 

“Don’t touch me.”

 

Biting his lip, Taehyung looked down at his feet while his hand dropped to his side. Seokjin knew better than to look at the younger or he’d cave. He always caved with Taehyung, he just didn’t know how to say no. There was some magical pull that the other had over him, he couldn’t fight. The man was always so endearing, wearing his heart on his sleeve and smiling like the moon and stars were in his eyes, sparkling just for Seokjin. It was a problem, so instead he looked out the window.

 

“Seokjinnie…” This was a nickname that Taehyung used seldomly but it stirred feeling in the older that he forced himself to squash.

 

“I-I know those are mine but I swear. God, I swear, that nothing happened. Jungkook and I are just friends.”

 

The elder remained quiet, he was listening but he couldn’t cave. It hurt him so much to be standing in this room, the air was oppressive and he could feel the sadness seeping out of Taehyung, permeating the room. He also couldn’t push aside the thoughts that had been nagging him for the past two weeks, that something was different. The shoe dropped. Those orange underwear where the proof.

 

Trying again, Taehyung took Seokjin’s hand in his. This time Seokjin didn’t yank it back but he remained limp while the younger caressed the top of his hand. Taehyung was at a loss for how to get Seokjin believe him.

 

“Seokjinnie...Please… I-.. Ugh”

 

He didn’t know what to do, what to say he just wanted this all to go away. For it to be fixed but how did one fix something like this?

 

“What can I do to make you believe me? I swear I never. I like Jungkook but I don’t want him. I just want you, it’s always been you. Won’t you look at me?”

 

He waited in silence but Seokjin just kept staring out of the window.

 

“Can you just say something?...”

 

A quiet filled the room but the oppressive air was choking both of the men. It wasn’t until Seokjin felt a wetness drop on his hand and heard a sniffle that he looked up, that he looked over at Taehyung. As soon as he saw the sight before him he was caving. This always happened, he couldn’t be strong around the younger. However, this time he was weak because Taehyung never cried. Sure, there were moments he showed weakness in front of Seokjin but he had never once cried a single tear.

 

Reaching forward, his hand wiped away the tear that was falling down Taehyung’s left cheek. The action made the younger look up to meet Seokjin’s eyes. They were full of a sad desperation and defeat. Gazing at his lover, Seokjin could see that the other was at a loss for what to do but also desperately wanted to be believed.

 

“I p-promise-” a sniffle interrupted, “I swear Seokjinnie. I only love you.”

 

The elder opened his mouth, closed it, opened it again. This was the first time. The first time that Taehyung have ever said that. Openly expressed his feelings. Taehyung was very expressive with his feelings but in actions, not words. His eyes spoke volumes which was why Seokjin felt like an right now, albeit a stunned one.

 

“Say that again.”

 

“I promis-”

 

“No, the last part.”

 

Taehyung’s brow furrowed as he tried to remember what he had just said. Nothing was coming to him. He hadn’t said anything out of the ordinary. The gaze that Seokjin was giving him was intense, it was wanting and Taehyung didn’t know what to say. It made the older just shake his head and laugh. He laughed and laughed some more. To the point that Taehyung could only stare in confusion at the other. What was so funny? Was him crying funny? He certainly didn’t think so. Was this a cruel joke?

 

“Taehyung-ah, I… God, I love you so much.” Large hands clapped over his cheeks and pulled him in for a kiss. It wasn’t a very good one but the younger was too stunned to reciprocate. When Seokjin pulled away, he looked bashful and his fingers kept playing with the end of Taehyung’s side burns.

 

“I’m sorry, jagi. I shouldn’t have accused you but seriously what the are your underwear doing here?”

 

The younger was thoroughly confused and just stared blankly at the other. Seeing that he would need to spell everything out, Seokjin took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

 

“I can’t help but worry when Jungkook and you are together. He’s really attractive and you both get along so well, sometimes I think better than you and I do. The way you two talk with each other and just interact it’s just so effortless, it’s like the two you have some kind of synergy that I just can’t match and I was jealous. To top it off you drag me here, your wallet in the kid’s room and your underwear. I’m sorry, I know… I know now you’d never do that.”

 

Blinking a few times, Taehyung had to let the words marinate for a few minutes before he accepted the elders words. He was still confused as to how they had gotten to this point but he didn’t really care much. He rushed in, kissing Seokjin with all the passion he’s always had for the elder. His lips devouring Seokjin’s pretty pink plump ones, intruding with his tongue, over his bottom lip, on it, biting it before exploring his favorite space once more. Seokjin melted into it, kissing back just as eagerly and it wasn’t long before the two had stumbled back onto the bed in the room. Taehyung was lying on top of Seokjin and gazed into his eyes warmly.

 

“I love you.”

 

“I know.” Seokjin grinned at the man on top of him and only grinned more when Taehyung’s brow furrowed in confusion.

 

“What? How?”

 

“You already told me you big dork.” He was laughing again but quieted down quickly, leaning his neck forward to brush his lips against his boyfriend's lips. Taehyung was still confused, everything he had said earlier was all a big blur but he didn’t care. All that mattered right now was that Seokjin believed him, Seokjin was smiling and the warmth was back in his eyes. He could feel the love radiating off of his boyfriend and he wanted him to feel the same from him.

 

Taehyung pressed his lips slowly against Seokjin’s, letting them enjoy the feast before him. He felt arms wrap around him, trying to press him even closer than they already were, as if it was even possible. Each kiss that Seokjin placed on Taehyung’s lips, jaw, neck were flames each part him, sending tingles throughout his whole body. Rolling his hips against Seokjin’s, the fabric of their jeans creating more friction that was frustrating in many ways. He rolled his hips again as warm touches made their way all over the bare skin of his back underneath his shirt.

 

The slow flicking of the flames grew bigger and faster, engulfing the two in a fiery mess that grew so far out of control neither could stop nor wanted to stop. It wasn’t until the door knob fell off and the door swung open hours later that Seokjin and Taehyung surfaced from the world they had created that was just the two of them.

 

“What the ?! Kim Taehyung you are dead! Is that the only thing you could think to do?!” Jungkook’s loud voice, boomed over the two lovers that were still tangled in each other, sweet pecks on cheeks, gentle caresses, soft whispers and quiet giggles filling the room. Seokjin pecked Taehyung’s lips one more time before turning his gaze towards the kid who had caused this entire mess. A smirk spread across his lips as he continued to lay in Jungkook’s bed with Taehyung’s bare honeyed skin pressed across his. There was fire in Jungkook’s eyes but it was nothing compared to the one that Seokjin and Taehyung shared, and it never would. He knew that now.