#69 - JinKook

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#69 - “I don’t care what you talk about, can you just keep talking?”

JinKook

Word Count: 399

 

Sharing a room with Seokjin could be quiet, which most would say make a good bunkmate. In some ways that was true. If Jungkook ever wanted peace and quiet he didn’t really have to ask for it. If he was trying to concentrate on homework he didn’t have to ask his hyung to quiet down. It made life easy.

 

Sometimes though, he couldn’t sleep and it was almost impossible to force himself into slumber. Often he would just stare at the popcorn on the ceiling and wonder why he was awake. After awhile he would just start thinking about all types of random things, what he was going to eat tomorrow, what dreams he would like to chase, why there were stars in the sky. It was nonstop until he finally pulled out his phone and played angry birds for way too many hours.

 

“Hyung…”

 

Jungkook whispered, the lights were out and both of them were in their respective beds. It was already past midnight and they had an early day full of boring school.

 

“Are you awake, Seokjin?”

 

“That’s hyung to you, Jungkook-ah.”

 

The sassy voice floated across the left side of the room to Jungkook’s ears and he couldn’t help but smile. He knew that if the elder was awake, just saying his name without any honorifics would get him to speak up.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

Turning over, so he could face the darkness that Seokjin was dwelling in currently, Jungkook laid his cheek on his left hand over his pillow.

 

“I can’t sleep. Can you uh, talk to me? I don’t care what you talk about, can you just keep talking?”

 

It was quiet in the darkness but after a moment he could hear a soft hum which was his confirmation. The great thing about his hyung was that even though he could be really quiet, if you wanted to talk he could speak nonstop about anything and everything.

 

“Sure, but you’re buying me a coffee tomorrow before class to make up for my lack of beauty sleep. This face, of course will be able to handle it but you don’t get this handsome by late nights and junk food. Did you hear what happened with Hoseok and Mrs. Kim the other day in Algebra?”

 

And that began the endless chatter that would lull the younger to sleep. Jungkook loved his roommate, for moments just like this.