#8 - JiKook

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#8 "You.Cuddle.Me.Now."

JiKook

Word Count: 1381

 

Jungkook wasn’t needy. He didn’t like to be needy. He didn’t want to be needy. He didn’t want to bother his hyungs when they already had so much on their shoulders already. Jungkook was a bit more of a loner at times. It was something he was comfortable with. Making friends was hard when you didn’t have any time, especially when you started out as a trainee at such a young age. He was awkward and he knew it. It bothered him sometimes but his hyung’s had so many more important issues to deal with that he never wanted to add to it. He didn’t need to let them see his insecurities because, they were his. He should cope with them. Plus, the boy couldn’t lie to himself that he actually preferred to be the one to help soothe them in any way that he could. Unfortunately, he didn’t really know how. Instead he tried to do little things for them. Make them laugh, get Yoongi hyung a coffee when he wanted one but wouldn’t stop writing to go get it himself, let Jimin hug him when he knew the older boy just really needed some affection. Jungkook liked to help, he liked feeling needed and he didn’t really want it to be the other way around. If he let them in like that, the not only was he burdening his already exhausted and burdened hyungs but he was admitting to the fact that he was weak. Jeon Jungkook was not weak. He couldn’t be. He couldn’t afford to be in such a harsh world that was the idol realm. Most didn’t understand just how much of a jungle this world was. They were constantly under a microscope, not just from the fans who adored them or hated them but from their managers, sunbaes, hoobaes, their ceo, the reporters, even a random shopkeep they ran across. God forbid they be grumpy and give one single look of annoyance while in view of someone and they had committed the crime of being rude to an innocent bystander and started a whole whirlwind of drama. There was no place to hide and relax. You couldn’t be weak.

 

Jungkook wasn’t weak.

 

As much as he thought that he hid his bad days from his hyungs. Jungkook wasn’t always that sly. A few of them always knew. Hoseok, Yoongi and Jimin could always see or sense it. They just chose to give the maknae what he wanted. Let him pretend he didn’t feel upset and go about coping the way he wanted. If he wanted to open up they would be there. Jimin would sometimes pry but only a little bit. Most often he’d just be extra affectionate but that normally just got him dirty looks or shoved away. Jimin always kept a smile.

 

It was odd to see Park Jimin without some sort of a smile. On those days, everyone knew that something was bothering him. Today he was smiling but it wasn’t quite to the full extent that made up his sunny disposition. Jungkook of course, paid special attention to each and every one of his hyungs. Jimin was no different. He had been debating for a while if he should ask Jimin if something was bothering him even though he knew without a doubt that something was going on. Often times, Jimin would get insecure about his singing or even dance if he wasn’t able to get a move down the way he would have liked to. Let’s not even talk about his weight, that was another monster. Jungkook had reigned in his usual annoyance with Jimin who always seemed to like to pester him and even told him earlier that day that he looked handsome. Jimin gave him a bright smile for that. It made Jungkook feel good that he helped even if in a small way.

 

It wasn’t until they were in their individual beds that Jungkook really let his actual mood take over him. His mind was a mess and it had been eating at him throughout the day. He was his hardest critic after all. Being the Golden Maknae wasn’t as easy as it seemed. Not always. After tossing and turning for a good thirty minutes, Jungkook shoved his covers aside with a rather big sigh and slid his legs over the edge of the bed. Maybe getting a cup of sleepytime tea would help him relax enough to get some sleep. Glancing at the clock he saw that it was almost two in the morning. Ugh, they had to be up in four hours. He really needed sleep.

 

How to turn off one’s mind?!

 

Padding his way across the living room and into the kitchen he tried to be quiet but honestly, he wasn’t paying nearly enough attention to how much noise he was making. That always happened when he wasn’t in a great mood. He also lacked the attention to notice when someone entered the room.

 

“Jungkookie, can’t sleep?”

 

A semi-sleep ridden voice filled Jungkook’s ears and made him jump.

 

“, Jimin you scared me.”

 

The slip of his tongue was barely noticed by him and the elder just ignored it all together. Rubbing an eye, Jimin continued to gaze at Jungkook who now picked up his mug of tea again.

 

“Sorry, I thought you heard me.” There was a slight smirk but it disappeared just as quickly as it appeared and Jungkook didn’t notice. He continued sipping on his tea as he watched Jimin come over and take the mug out of his hands to take a sip himself. The two remained quiet in the kitchen and Jungkook got the itch to ask again if something had been bothering his hyung earlier.

 

“I-is uh was there something bothering you today hyung?” He hesitantly stuttered out his concern and Jimin let his eyes look off to the side and hummed a confirmation. The quiet air hung between them, it wasn’t uncomfortable but it wasn’t completely comfortable either. It felt like there was something more that needed to be said or done but neither were moving. The only thing that was, was the tea the two ended up sharing. Once it was gone, Jungkook went to turn on the water and clean the mug.

 

“Jungkookie, leave it. We’ll get it in the morning. Let’s go to bed.” A small but warm hand rested on Jungkook’s wrist, tugging him gently. Nodding, he set it down quietly in the sink and let Jimin pull him towards the bedrooms. Except when they got to Jungkook’s, Jimin just kept tugging him along.

 

“Uh, hyung. My room?” He was ignored for another three steps before Jimin stopped abruptly and looked over his shoulder at the younger. The gaze wasn’t something that Jungkook could really decipher so he just waited, impatiently mind you.

 

“You. Cuddle. Me. Now.” The words were said soft but strong and individually. Jungkook could only blink at his hyung for a few minutes. Quiet settled around them for the umpteenth time until the younger simply nodded and followed Jimin into his bedroom that he shared with Taehyung and Hoseok. Jimin crawled into bed first and then Jungkook followed. Neither of them speaking but Jimin instantly wrapped his arm around Jungkook’s waist and nuzzled close to his neck. Jungkook would never admit it, but he needed, wanted and craved affection sometimes. He had insecurities and wanted to let them go, let them out sometimes. He would never admit that while he was glad his hyung needed him, he needed this just as much.

 

Jimin let his eyes flutter close and smiled against the maknae’s neck. He wasn’t actually upset today, he didn’t need to cuddle tonight but he knew Jungkook did. He didn’t mind letting the younger think he was just being needy again. Jungkook relaxed in his hyung’s arms and finally his mind was at ease. He closed his eyes, hand resting over Jimin’s and he soon let sleep wash over him. Jimin let himself fall asleep only after he could hear the content rhythm of Jungkook’s breathing level out letting him know he was asleep.

 

Jungkook wanted to be there for his hyungs as much as possible but his hyungs wanted and would be there for him always.