#34 Jungkook x You

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#34 “I could get used to coming home to this.”

Jungkook x You

Word Count: 1206

 

Guys and video games went hand in hand. Or at least that was how you had always seen it with just about every male in your life. Your boyfriend, Jeon Jungkook, being no exception to this rule. In fact, he had only made it more apparent after the two of you had decided to move in together. Neither of your parents were fond of the idea since you weren’t married. Trying to explain to them that this was becoming quite common and that both of you were in a committed relationship but not ready for that step. Well, it just didn’t compute for them. Which left you as unfortunate as it is, ignoring your parents good advice, that was up for debate, and moving in together regardless.

 

“They’ll come around.” Jungkook would say softly, lips against your temple and large hand rubbing comforting circles against your back. He was sweet. He really could be and you believed him. Eventually they would. Either way neither of you wanted to rush into anything but felt that this step was a good one for you.

 

Coming home from work, you were beginning to realize on the nights Jungkook got home earlier than you meant he’d be glued to the TV, Xbox or PS4 controller in his hand. Thumbs flying in every which direction except in greeting to you.

 

“I’m home.” You’d call out of habit but honestly began to wonder why you were. At best you’d receive a low grunt in acknowledgement. Dinner wouldn’t be on the table and almost always you found his socks littering the floor. Picking them up as always, you tossed them in the linen basket and then went to cook the both of you dinner and repeat.

 

Your best friend most certainly heard your grumbling about it to her on the phone and consistently asked you why you hadn’t gone on strike or told him to just pick up after his damn self, he was a grown man! Those comments made you chuckle and it wasn’t as if you had completely just let Jungkook do those things but perhaps you had been softer because you understood that he worked too and needed to relax just as much as you did.

 

“I’m home.”

 

“Welcome back, babe. How was work?” You heard a very familiar male voice that you were certain was Jungkook but also very positive couldn’t be Jungkook.

 

Shrugging off your coat and kicking off your shoes. You fixed them nice and neat where they go before walking around the corner of the entranceway to enter into the kitchen. It wasn’t where your mind was telling you that you heard the voice coming from but it was where you ears were leading you to believe. Peeking in you saw quite a site. Jungkook was just removing a pot from the stove and placing it on a pot holder. Plates were already laid out on the dining room table with some side dishes already on it. He flipped his hair out of his face, as if his bangs were long enough to get into his eyes. They were only just at his eyebrows but it was cute anyway. Guess he was working hard tonight. It was hard for you not to look from the dining room table to Jungkook then back again. Shock was written all over your face and when Jungkook officially looked over to you he chuckled. Setting the soup on the table which by the way was not ramen, surprising, he stopped over to you and pressed his lips to your forehead.

 

“Come on babe, go change so you can eat.” He knew that you preferred to strip out of all of your work clothes as soon as you got home. They weren’t comfortable as soon as you left the office. Smiling like a little girl who just entered a candy shop, you scurried off quickly to your bedroom and changed, coming right back. Jungkook was already sitting and filling your bowl while pushing some of the side dishes closer to you. Sitting down you chewed on your lip, trying hard not to ask the most obvious question that you were dying to ask.

 

“So, uh, what’s gotten into you?”

 

Failure. Cover your mouth with your hand, you tried to hide all of your emotions but that wasn’t nearly enough. The bright surprise in your eyes was more than a neon sign signaling your shock and awe at your boyfriend. He shrugged picking up his spoon and dumping some of his rice in his soup. You had always wondered why he ate it that way but to each their own. “I figured you’d be hungry when you got home.” With your chin resting on the palm of your hand you let your fingers tap against your lips. “Hmm…” you weren’t really sold on that answer. Jungkook motioned at you to eat. Picking up your chopsticks you reached for some beansprouts. They were your favorite. Taking a closer look, eyes moving from each side dish to the other, they were all your favorites.

 

Okay, what was going on here? Setting down your chopsticks you crossed your arms over your chest and stared at your boyfriend. For the briefest of seconds you admired just how handsome he was, with a strong jaw, straight but slightly hooked nose, deep dark penetrating eyes and the most beautiful lips you had ever seen. Even that mole right below his bottom lip was perfect. Snapping quickly out of that you grilled him with your eyes. “What did you break? Was it my new perfume? I know you don’t really like it.” Mid spoonful, Jungkook raised his eyebrow to you. “No. I mean it’s not my favorite but I didn’t- jagi, why do you think I broke something?” The incredulous look he was giving you, made you feel a bit guilty for accusing that he couldn’t have done this out the goodness of his heart. I mean, if anyone was aware of how sweet Jeon Jungkook could be it was you. He had such a big heart even if it was hard for him to show it at times.

 

Shaking your head, more to clear it than in response to him, you put on a soft smile. “Sorry, just I’m surprised. Thank you Jungkook-ah.” You were meaning for all that he had done this evening. Picking up your spoon you tried his soup. It was good. You knew it would, he had always been good with soups. Speaking under your breath while gazing at your boyfriend loving and appreciating, you said, “I could get used to coming home to this.”

 

Going back to your dinner, you didn’t catch the smirk that Jungkook gave you but a moment after the smirk morphed into an adoring smile. “You’re cute, jagi. Now tell me how good my cooking is. Better than yours right?!” Scoffing you looked at the cheeky brat he always was, “Then you do the cooking from now on.” He didn’t oppose but just grinned at you. It made you wonder if maybe he really would be doing this again. Perhaps even on a weekly basis? Wishful thinking? Maybe but for tonight you were just going to enjoy it.