#33 - Yoongi x You

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#33 - “Add me, subtract him, multiply your feelings, and divide the love.”

Yoongi x You

Word Count: 1293

 

A jazz bar was not exactly where you had expected be today. You especially didn’t expect to be in this place with Min Yoongi. He wasn’t really one to go out very often and probably would be okay with never going anywhere besides his bed and his studio if you left him alone. However, here you were, the soft jazzy music playing throughout the club and even better there was a singer. You personally didn’t mind jazz music but loved it even more when there was someone singing. Let’s be real, you just wanted to be able to sing along as well.

 

Just like you were doing now, as the man raven haired man sitting next to you smiled softly in your direction. He may or may not be fully listening to your surroundings. You’d never know unless he actually wanted you to know. Yoongi was a master of masking his feelings and keeping people off kilter. Over the last couple of weeks the two of you had been spending more time together, most often on a couch in front of a tv or at a late night cafe where he could get his caffeine fix for lyric writing. Neither of which you minded but this was a nice change of pace.

 

A hard buzzing came from your phone that was lying on the table. Your hand shot out to silence that noise as quickly as possible. Smiling apologetically, you went to just turn the ringer on silent but Yoongi raised a brow before turning his attention to the jazz band on stage, allowing you the privacy to check your text message. He was always so respectful like. It was one of the many things you liked about him.

 

Seokjin Sunbae: Are you free tonight?

 

Hye Ji: No, I’m at a jazz bar right now.

 

...Why, do you need something?

 

Internally you were sighing at yourself for not being able to just leave it at, I’m busy, but your sunbae had always helped you out in college whenever you needed help. He had been good to you and over the years you had become better friends. However, you weren’t much of a fan of texting when you were out with someone else. It was rude. Brushing your hair behind your ear, you peeked up at Yoongi but he was still watching the band and oh?

 

Tapping his foot to the beat.

 

Cute.

 

Seokjin Sunbae: Ah, I thought it was you ;)

 

Frowning at your phone, you tried to interpret what your sunbae could possibly mean. It wasn’t like you had said just where you were at but if not he had to be in the room. Your eyes danced around the room, trying to find your sunbae until you felt a cold hand rest atop of your arm. Bringing your eyes back to the man next to you, you waved your hand as if to tell him that everything was okay. He nodded and you promptly locked your phone screen and slipped it into your purse.

 

After one more song the band went on a short break. Yoongi turned back to you once more but didn’t even ask you about what was going on with your phone earlier.

 

“So, what do you think? Pretty good, huh?”

 

“Very good. I didn’t really think you were into jazz.” It was more of a question even if it came out more like an observation. You watched as Yoongi picked up his glass of whiskey and chuckled at you.

 

“There’s a lot of things you don’t know about me, Hye Ji-yah.” He tilted his glass up at you before taking a swig. There was a glint in his eye that suggested he wasn’t just speaking things as simple as music taste but you didn’t retort. Instead you ran your finger around the rim of your glass while pondering if you were just reading into things.

 

“Hye Ji-ssi”

 

Turning your head to the left your eyes fell upon your sunbae. So he had been here the whole time. Pointing a finger at him you eyed him in shock.

 

“You! Sunbae!” He laughed at you and nodded.

 

“Yes, I’m your sunbae.” Giving your head a mental shake you dusted off the surprise at him really being right in front of you. Seokjin’s eyes left yours, sliding over to the man you were with and if you didn’t know better you’d have sworn they darkened a little but the ambiance in the bar was already dark and hazy so your eyesight couldn’t truly be trusted. Yoongi sat back in his chair, relaxed, just watching the exchange between you two.

 

“I need to talk with you for a moment.” Your sunbaes eyes stayed on you but you couldn’t help but flicker your gaze to Yoongi’s before back to Seokjin. Fumbling for the appropriate words you tried to deter this talk for a later date.

 

“Uh, well, I’m wit-”

 

“Add me, subtract him, multiply your feelings and divide the love.”

 

Silence.

 

At a loss for words you just stared at your sunbae. Did he really just say that? The blush that warmed your cheeks, you were so happy that it was dark in the room. Trying to clear up the fog that had rolled into your mind was hard.

 

“Uh…”

 

Wow, that was a very intelligent reply. Had your sunbae really just confess with such a cheesy pick up line. If the atmosphere had grown awkward, you still didn’t even know because you were still just trying to figure out how to make your brain and body work.

 

Yoongi cleared his throat, sitting up in his seat, he brushed your hair behind your ear and leaned in pressing a kiss to your cheek before letting his hand rest on your knee and looking up at the man he had yet to be introduced to.

 

“Sorry, but you can’t add a negative number to this equation.” The words came out so casual that you would have thought Yoongi was giving a server his order. Pulling out his wallet, he took out a number of bills that would more than cover their tab and dropped it on the table. Taking your hand in his he pulled you to your feet.

 

“Come on jagiya.” His lips were at the base of your ear speaking softly. You followed without really thinking about anything other than, jagiya? Did he really just call you that?

 

“Let’s go back to my place.”

 

Letting Yoongi lead you, you followed him and didn’t miss that he passed by your sunbae and patted him on the shoulder as you passed.

 

Once the two of you had made it outside,you stared at the raven haired man unrelentingly. He had yet to let go of your hand even with hailing a cab. He wasn’t saying anything either. The two of you stood on the side of the curb as the cab pulled up.

 

“Jagiya?”

 

“I had been meaning to call you that for awhile now. I think we’ve uh, we've gotten to that point now.”

 

Watching as Yoongi scratched the back of his neck nervously made your shock finally melt away and your heart warm. Sometimes this man could be so cute. You hadn’t really thought about defining your relationship with Yoongi, you were comfortable with the place you were at. However, it sounded pretty nice. Yeah…

 

“Jagiya.” You called him.

 

Yeah, it had a nice ring to it.

 

The infamous gummy smile spread across his lips as Yoongi understood that you were agreeing to label your friendship as something more now. He ushered you into the cab and neither of you let go of the others hand for the rest of the night.

 

1 Unread message

Seokjin Sunbae: Hye Ji-ssi can we talk?