#10 - JinKook

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#10 - “Make me.”

 

JinKook

 

Word count: 999

 

Jungkook had known Kim Seokjin for a long time. So long he honestly couldn’t remember a time that the older boy wasn’t in his life. Their parents had been friends so by default they had become friends. Or something like that anyway. Often times, Seokjin would get called over to babysit Jungkook when his parents wanted to go on their date night. It wasn’t something that his hyung had ever really minded but Jungkook just didn’t think that he needed to be babysat anymore. He was fourteen and surely that was old enough to be in the house by himself for a couple of hours.  He could scrounge up some food and hunker down for the night.

 

It wasn’t that Jungkook didn’t like his hyung but as his parents called him over to say goodbye he grew even more grumpy. His mom bent over and kissed his forehead, caressing his cheek while reminding him to be a good boy and his father patted his head and told him for what felt like the millionth time that they would only be gone for a few hours and that if they needed anything to call them. Jungkook’s arms were crossed across his chest, lips set in a firm line as he said goodbye to his parents and then stomped off into the kitchen. He was hungry and he wanted some cereal. Who cares about protein and vegetables, he could skip out on it for one night.

 

Seokjin was reassuring his parents that they would be fine like normal, to have a good time and come back whenever they pleased. Jungkook could hear the door close behind his parents and Seokjin calling for him. “Kookie, did you eat? I can cook you something.” It was only a few moments later that Seokjin joined him in the kitchen and found him already stuffing his mouth with a spoonful of Corn Chex and milk. The elder made an ‘O’ shape with his mouth and nodded. “Alright, cereal is good too. Mind if I join you?” Not bothering to look at Seokjin he shrugged his shoulders and continued stuffing his mouth while scrolling through his Instagram on his phone. By the time Jungkook was finished with his cereal, Seokjin had only just sat down and began eating his own bowl. Leaving his bowl on the kitchen table, he grabbed his phone and walked out into the living room to watch some TV. His hyung was always good at cleaning after him so why wouldn’t he do it this time.

 

The moody teenager had barely made it to the couch when he heard his full name being used, “Yah, Jeon Jungkook. Get your back in here and wash your dishes. What are you a monkey?” Deciding to let his foul mood rule him, Jungkook sunk into the couch and pretended that he didn’t hear. It wasn’t long before the elder appeared in front of him, eyes sharp, not backing down. “Jungkook, I know you heard me. Go clean up your mess. I’m not your mom and you’re not two.” Not even bothering to look up, the teenager just stared blankly at the television screen and replied, “Make me.”

 

That earned him an eyebrow raise and a muttered, “God puberty is such a pain.” Jungkook was good a lot of things physically and the two had wrestled on plenty of occasions which the older quickly learned even with being bigger he would almost never win. For whatever reason, Jungkook was just really good at escaping and turning the tables. However, the elder knew his secret. Jungkook was extremely ticklish. Almost to the point that the kid would start laughing just from being threatened. “I don’t know why you’re in such a bad mood tonight Kookie but I’m not going easy on you.” He said as he raised his hands and wiggled his fingers. Jungkook finally took a peek and his eyes grew wide for a brief moment before feigning indifference.

 

“Sure, hyung.” Seokjin moved closer and at the last minute, Jungkook rolled off the couch and quickly got on his feet to run in the opposite direction. It was absolutely ridiculous but eventually Seokjin had the younger pinned on the floor and was tickling him mercilessly. “Now, are you going to be a good boy, apologize to your hyung and go clean off your mess. Fix your attitude?” The elder asked while still lightly tickling the other, so that the younger could catch his breath to breathe. “N-” Before he could even finish rebelling, Seokjin attacked his sides again and Jungkook’s shrill laughter filled the air once more, tears slipping down his eyes from laughing so hard and for so long. “What was that Kookie?” Seokjin tried again, this time he wasn’t stopping with his tickling and Jungkook was flailing to get the elder off but he wouldn’t budge. “O-okay...ah, h-h-yung… I pro-promise.” He replied between laughter. Seokjin stopped but kept his hands at Jungkook’s sides in warning. “You promise what?”

 

The younger still couldn’t fully control his giggles but once he did and also caught his breath he said, “I promise to go clean up my mess. I’m sorry that I took my grumpiness out on you.” Seokjin nodded a fond smile on his lips, he reached over to run his fingers through the younger’s hair but the other flinched away thinking he was about to get tickled again. Seokjin laughed and stood up letting Jungkook get to his feet as well, this time actively patting his head. “That’s better, you can make me a drink while you're in there too. I’ll put on Iron Man.” Jungkook wrinkled his nose at the demand of his hyung but instantly brightened at the mention of his favorite movie. Scuttling off to the kitchen, Seokjin went back into the living room, shaking his head at the kid. Such a cheeky brat he was. Oddly, the elder didn’t really want the kid to change. It was cute overall.