#70 - TaeGi

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#70 - "I'm not afraid of thunder, that's silly-"

TaeGi

Word count: 996

 

Crack! Boom! The rumbles were so loud it felt like the windows were shaking from the thunder that could be heard for miles and miles. Over the last couple of evenings the sky has grown extremely dark early and been lit up with some of the most beautiful lightning Yoongi had ever seen. Thunderstorms had been raging. The wind was so strong you could hear it slipping between the cracks in the windowsill. Luckily tonight, all of the members had made it home before the bottom dropped loose. Last night, they had not been so lucky and Taehyung looked like a drowned rat. Poor kid had forgotten to bring a jacket with a hood and no umbrella. Not that an umbrella would have helped much, the winds were fierce.

 

Sitting near the window so that he could have a good view, Yoongi watched as the rain splattered the window and the lightning lit up the sky. To him there was something calming about it. He could just watch it for the entirety whether that was 20 minutes or an hour. The storm also set about some inspiration for new beats that had him scurrying to his laptop to at least get a baseline down. Jimin, Hoseok, Seokjin and Taehyung were all on the couch watching an old comedy movie. Jungkook and Namjoon seemed to be in their room doing who knows what. Yoongi didn’t really care to figure out what that was. Keeping his eyes on the storm he was oblivious to Taehyung curled up in the corner of the couch, flinching and even jumping every time that loud crack was followed by a deep rumble. Jimin who was sitting next to him had subconsciously placed his hand on the boys thigh and rubbed it from time to time in comfort. It didn’t really help Taehyung but nonetheless the effort was appreciated. He tried to focus on just the movie but the thunder was increasing and his hyung was off to the left under the light of the flashing sky and he couldn’t deny that Yoongi’s pale skin in contrast with the dark was breathtaking.

 

It wasn’t until an unfortunate squeak that Taehyung immediately squashed with a pillow that the elder looked over to the boys on the couch. He raised a brow in Taehyung’s direction as he knew just about all the members individual noises like the back of his hand. If there would have been a light on, the room would be privy to Taehyung’s reddened tips of his ears. Turning his head back to the movie, the boy tried even harder to focus on the characters on the screen. Laughing hollowly when a there was a punchline. He still felt Yoongi’s gaze on him but after a few moments more it left. Letting out a sigh of relief he relaxed slightly only to tense right back up with another crashing boom outside. Another twenty minutes had passed and it was either continue to fake that he wasn’t scared with his hyung checking on him every so often to take a moment to escape. “Bathroom.” He muttered just loud enough for the others to hear as he waved them off about pausing the movie. He had seen it about four times already.

 

Walking as slowly but quickly as he could, Taehyung dashed to the safety of the bathroom that thankfully had no windows and was just a calm safe haven. He sat down on the toilet seat lid and curled his feet up, laying his head on his knees closing his eyes and calming his nerves. He could still hear an occasional rumble of thunder but it wasn’t nearly as loud as when he was in the living room. The door creaked open and of course it was “Yoongi hyung…” raising his head just slightly, he stared at his hyung in question. The elder walked in and shut the door behind him.

 
 

“Still scared of thunder?”

 

He didn’t ask in an accusatory tone, there was no judging, no laughter, just a simple question that held a degree of care. It was for this reason that Taehyung’s heart sped up and he felt a small warmth in his stomach.  He shouldn’t have a crush on the man in front of him but it wasn’t of his control. Clearly, his body made a physical response every time and it was hard to ignore. Looking away from Yoongi’s eyes that had always been much too intense for him to stare into directly, Taehyung let his feet slide to the floor and shrug nonchalantly.

 

“I’m not afraid of thunder, that’s silly-“ an especially loud crack of lightning and immediate deep rumble of thunder made the younger jump and almost slip off the toilet. Yoongi’s lips twitched in the hint of an amused smile but he didn’t laugh only nod his head, “Uh huh.” He walked over to Taehyung and grabbed his hand pulling him to his feet.

 

“Come on, Taehyung-ah. I’ll sit with you.” His thumb caressed Taehyung’s hand as he lead him to the door. Stopping with his other hand on the handle, he looked back at Taehyung and added, “You can always come to me, okay?”

 

He stopped biting his lip as a smile spread across his lips and he nodded, “Thank you hyung.”

 

With a nod of Yoongi’s head a clearing of his throat from such a sentimental moment, he opened the door and lead him back to the couch. Without letting go of Taehyung’s hand he made Jimin scoot over and make room for the two of them. Yoongi sat down and pulled Taehyung into his arms, letting him cuddle as much as he wanted. One hand on his head, threading his fingers through the boy's dark hair and holding the other. Taehyung could still hear the thunder but it wasn’t nearly as scary while in his hyung’s embrace. Eyes on the movie again he let out the most relaxed sigh of the night.