#72/73 - HopeKook

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#72/73 - “Stop laughing at me.”/”Is it okay if I steal your heart."

HopeKook

Word Count: 1163

 

“Your order will be ready in just a few moments ma’am.” Flashing his pearly whites in the fakest polite smile he always gave while working at McDonald’s. Jungkook hated his job but he needed the money. Standing in front of his cash register with his red McDonald’s cap on, slightly wrinkled shirt because he didn’t have time this morning to press it. For a job he didn’t care for, you wouldn’t think that he’d bother much but Jungkook liked to look well put together no matter what garment he was in. There was nothing wrong with sweatpants and white tee but he still didn’t want that tee to be wrinkled if he could help it. Thursday morning rush was normally just as busy as a Saturday which he had always found odd. Today though, it was a little on the slow side. Maybe Jungkook had just gotten too used to being constantly busy for the first three hours of his shift and now that there wasn’t quite as many customers it felt even slower to him.

 

He drummed his fingers on the counter as he waited for the last customer to put their wallet into their purse and weave their way through the rest of the customers to fill up their cup with an overly sugary syrup over ice. The man in behind the woman who finally managed to put her wallet away was on his phone. Jungkook wanted to roll his eyes but he didn’t. In one way he didn’t have to speak to the patron as much because they were focused so much on their conversation but then it could be so much harder to get their order and out of your sight due to their distraction. Especially if they were talking more to the person on their phone than the person in front of them.

 

“Yoongs…”

 

Loud, obnoxious laughter filled the air, Jungkook couldn’t help but stare at his heart shaped lips, with a small mole right along the top of one. He continued to wait for the customer to not only step forward but to halt his conversation. A slow step forward and then another.

 

“Is it okay if I steal your heart?”

 

…The ?! Jungkook took in his bottom lip in between his two front teeth and bit down. That had to be the cheesiest line he had ever heard. The more he watched the scene before him, the more laughter bubbled up inside him, aching to escape. The fondness in the man’s eyes was honestly rather sweet but that meant even more that he shouldn’t be laughing. Wait? Shouldn’t be laughing? That sound? , , . He was laughing and now the eyes that had been cast off to the side, not directly at Jungkook but more like his arm. The customer raised an eyebrow and rushed his crush?.. off the phone. Taking the final step up to the counter, the man pocketed his iPhone and ran his fingers through his raven locks before placing both of his hands onto the counter and leaning in towards Jungkook.

 

“Ah, um, Welcome to McDonald’s. What can I get for you, sir?” he stuttered out his greeting, just praying that the customer would ignore his laughter that was undeniably at the expense of the man before him.

 

“A medium Premium Roast Iced Coffee.” The dark haired man spoke smoothly with a hint of a grin that Jungkook couldn’t tell if it was just his nature to always be smiling or if he was for a specific reason.

 

“Okay, one medium Premium Roast Iced Coffee. Would you like anything else, sir?”

 

He tried to keep his professionalism but something about the way the customer was staring at him along with the terrible pick up line running through his head made Jungkook crack. He couldn’t help it, another giggle escaped.

 

“That’s all… Stop laughing at me.” The customer whine, actually whine the words at Jungkook and now he really couldn’t stop smiling. It was… Well, it was kind of cute and he hated himself a bit at the moment because he couldn’t control any of his emotions this morning.

 

“I-I’m sorry… Just did that really work?”

 

“Will it work on you?”

 

Wow.

 

Wow.

 

What the… Jungkook froze, his eyes glued onto the man in front of him. He took in the lithe body, toned biceps being shown to the world in that navy blue tank and raised his eyes back to the heart shaped lips he saw moments ago. The bone structure that the man had were all fine features and while they gave him a unique face he wasn’t too hard on the eyes either. His adams apple raised and dropped back down as he swallowed before finally his fingers were able to tap the screen bringing himself out of the haze and back to the present moment. Letting out a scoff, Jungkook wasn’t about to be moved that easily. He pushed his tongue into the side of his left cheek before replying to the rather forward customer.

 

“You’ll have to do much more than that. Cash or card?” He punched the button on the monitor that totaled the order and waited patiently. It didn’t go unnoticed that the man was very thoroughly raking his eyes over the cashier. Pulling out his card, Jungkook pressed the button for credit and watched as the man go through the motions of cashing out.

 

“Hoseok. The name’s Hoseok. I can do more than that.”

 

Jungkook clicked his tongue on the roof of his mouth before promptly raising a brow at the smirking Hoseok. Where did he get this overflowing confidence from? It was intriguing to say the least. The receipt machine broke their silence with its loud whirring and Jungkook pulled off the receipt and placed it on the counter. Grabbing the pen next to him, he made a split decision to take a chance, because why the hell not and this had been the most entertaining a shift he had ever had. He scribbled down his name and number before handing the receipt to Hoseok.

 

“Your order will be ready in just a moment at the far end of the counter. Have a good day, sir.”

 

He nodded in the direction of the pick-up line and gave a rather soft amused smile to his customer. Hoseok thanked him, smiled brightly showing off those heart shaped lips before walking off and taking a look at his receipt. Jungkook focused his attention to the next customer in line, he was at work after all not in some club flirting with anything that walked and had a drink in their hand.

 

“I can take the next customer.”

 

As he was ringing out that customer, he caught the flash of a familiar face walking past and wink at him, coffee and iPhone in hand. A moment later he felt a vibration in his pants pocket.

 

[Unknown]: It’s Hoseok, the one who is going to steal your heart ;)